3725 US Highway 41 W, Marquette, MI 49855

I traveled 140 miles to the Marquette Michigan Best Buy store to purchase a microwave and trim kit for a built in microwave. I also purchased a gas cooktop. I paid for the items and gave them my email address and telephone number. They said they would contact us when the items arrived at the store. I opted to pick them up at the store so I could inspect them before I brought them home to insure there was no damage.

Over two weeks went by and we heard nothing from Best Buy so we called them. They said the items were at the store and available for pick up. We traveled the 140 miles the next day to the store to pick the items up.

Right away, I knew there were issues when the person behind the counter couldn't find the items in the store's inventory. After some digging he said the cook top was there but they sold the microwave and trim kit to someone else. I immediately asked what the *** was going on; I had paid for those items and they had now sold them? I was advised that if the items remain in the store and are not picked up, they sell them. I said I was in the store to pick them up within 24 hours of learning they were in the store. He said they notified us via email that they were in last week. Ironically, they didn't send the email to the address I had given them when we ordered the items, they sent the info to an email address they had on file that hadn't been used in over a decade.

I said this makes no sense, you have an updated email, you have my phone number, but you don't contact me and then claim you sold the microwave and trim kit I already paid for. I find this very suspicious in that the microwave and trim kit were a special order item and not something that could be bought in the store. What was the probability that someone would come in looking for the exact microwave and trim kit I had ordered? I was told this is what did occur and they were not very apologetic for their actions.

They said they would make a refund of $50 for my inconvenience. This doesn't even cover my gas milage for the two trips to the store much less the time I took off of work.

I told them to keep the cooktop and to forget about the microwave, that I would go elsewhere and deal with a reputable company.

In 50 years this is the worst buying experience I have ever had.

About 10 years I purchase a computer from Best Buy with no problems. Now they are terrible. No apologies, a pittance $50 refund on multiple expensive appliances. Best Buy and The Geek Squad are an absolute joke.

I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH BEST BUY AGAIN AND SUGGEST YOU AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Best Buy Cons: No customer service at all.

Comments