Irvine, California

Yesterday (11-7-18)I bought a car stereo receiver listed on this page:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/car-stereo-receiver-installation (I purchased the JVC car receiver listed for $139.00, the 16th item on the list).

Please note the "FREE" Geek Squad install if purchased from this list, to then receive a follow up email with a redemption code for the free install on completion of purchase. The follow up email never came, then begins the poor customer service when trying to call them to get it. 1st call to them: after waiting through the multi level menu that answers, I finally ask for a representative to speak to. First person says they can't help, don't know about this, I need to talk to Geek Squad Dept., so they transfer me to 2nd person, but this is Geek Squad "billing", they don't handle that, they transfer me to 3rd person, who doesn't know about this and doesn't think it applies. I directed him to the page mentioned above that clearly states the free install, he reads that text back to me but he claims this item (that is on the list) might not qualify, but he can't find anything that says it might not. He has to give me over to a 4th person who also looks at the page and tells me the same as person #3, and in the middle of the conversation she tells me she can't hear me anymore on the line and has to hang up.40 minutes wasted with them for this.

2nd call immediately following hang up: 3 more people who "don't handle this" (and each again not sure who does, even after directing them to the page mentioned above) handing me off to the next, while being handed to a 4th person in "online purchasing" they disconnect me. 30 more minutes wasted with them.

3rd call immediately following 2nd disconnect: 1st person again knows nothing about it but will connect me to someone who can "handle it", (2nd person this call). 15 minute wait on hold now, no one answers. While I'm holding here, I just decided to cancel the purchase.

9 people later not one of the people I spoke to in customer service knew anything about the clearly stated "offer" (ON THEIR WEB SITE!), and each was directed to the page mentioned above but not one of them could or would handle or resolve this. Over an hour wasted with 9 people, one hang up, one disconnect, and being put on hold for 15 minutes. No way to do business. Purchased it elsewhere today.

I was a former corporate customer, but expect to never again do business with Best Buy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Fix your customer service, it's terrible.

Comments