I purchased a Best Buy computer and a year and half later I needed to bring it in to their "Geek Squad" because it wasn't powering up.After waiting two weeks I was told it was the mother board and it wouldn't be cost effective to fix.

While I was waiting for them to run my credit card two other people had come up and were told the exact same thing as I was, "it's your mother board, not cost effective to replace". They charged me $70 and sent me on my way. I just had a gut feeling that I was being taken. I brought the computer to a small computer shop in my home town.

Come to find out it was actually the power module that required replacement. Total charge parts and labor $65. Needless to say I was pissed. I called the Best Buy store immediately and in so many words was told tough ***.

I wrote letters to their customer service department, no reply. I even managed to do some research and got the CEOs contact info and sent a letter, no reply. Needless to say I haven't stepped foot into Best Buy since, that was over five years ago. In this time of mass consumer volume business, stores like Best Buy don't give a *** about customer service.

I don't despise much in this world, unfortunately I do despise Best Buy. I wish they would have gone under instead of Circuit City. Nearly forgot, last year someone purchased an air conditioner as a gift for me.

I took it out of the box put it in the window, all it did was blow ambient air, the compressor would not turn on.Asked them where they purchased it so I could return it, you guessed it Best Buy.

Review about: Best Buy Gift Card.

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Comments

Cherry Point, North Carolina, United States #107163

Walmart knows jack *** about electronics!! good luck lol

Just because you dont see a girl working in Geek Squad in one store doesn't mean there are no girls in the Geek Squad in other stores.That is rediculous to say that you don't know why they put girls in the add under Geek Squad...are we not an equal oppertunity country?

As far as your problem goes to having the computer charged 70 just to be diagnosed.. I completly agree that is a lot of money just to say "oops cant fix it" and of all things to have the wrong information about it needing to be fixed. Did you talk to thier general manager? Unfortunatly mail doesn't seem to get points across anymore.

Walmart is good for groceries and odds and ends, they usually offer a lot of good prices on things of that nature but as far as installations and getting a personalized set up for the electronics I would not go to anyone else but Best Buy. I have never had a problem with service at a Best Buy but I suppose different stores different people.

Good luck with your future purchases but I deff.recommend raising the issue with the GM at the local store.

Walmart blows for electornics.

Yeah like I'm gonna buy a television or video game console from some retard in the electronics dept. with his name tatooed on the side of his neck and wearing 5lbs of gold chain itching his ***. Yeah, EVERY Walmart I've been to employs those types of retards into their low paying associate store positions.

BTW....sorry to hear about your frustration from the "Geek Squad" .....having a computer background and knowing ppl that worked for the Geek Squad, i can say that Best Buys PC maint. policies are usually spot-on with your local PC repairman. They are a bunch of good guys (yeah, guys....I don't think I've EVER seen a girl in the Geek Squad dept at a Best Buy. Not sure why they put Geek "girls" in their paper ads and commercials...makes no sense) who do a great job fixing computers. I'm located in the Columubus, OH area and haven't had a problem with any Best Buy stores.

Sorry about your luck!

Camden Point, Missouri, United States #56792

At least Walmart listen to its customers..maybe that is why they are so big....now who is calling someone a duma$$ redneck...*** ***...

You wont be missed keep goin to walmart for all your electronics needs just as every duma$$ redneck does.