Purchased (as a gift)an XBox 12 month membership card from BestBuy in Springfield, Oregon. Turned out that gift recipient already had membership but wanted a game card instead. Bought that at BestBuy.

Concurrently, took card (unaltered) back to BestBuy with original receipt and was told that they would NOT REFUND card purchases even though card was not altered nor had the code cover removed.

Asked to speak to Store Manager. That was a poor experience at best !!

I realize that it was my error in the first place. However, this poor experience will stop me from buying at BsetBuy.

THIS IS A CUSTOMER RETURN POLICY ????

Review about: Best Buy Gift Card.

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #690923

LMAO you can't return gift cards of any kind whether for games, store gift cards, restaurant gift cards.It IS in their return policy.

Perhaps, reading is fundamental in your case.Read more!!!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #672634

As stated gift cards can not be returned once purchased. You can still use it to extend your membership. Most places where you but gift memberships will do that.

"I realize that it was my error in the first place."

I don't think you do.If you truly realized it was your error, I wouldn't have had to read that pointless post and you would accept the responsibility that you're trying to shift to Best Buy.

No store will refund cards like that.Why single out Best Buy for something that would have happened anywhere?