Verified Reviewer

Resolved
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Aug 11, 2021

They never apologized, continued to pass the buck , but I gathered my receipts and left. Never going back..

Update by user Aug 09, 2021

Two weeks after my 3rd time there, I have to go back again to have Best Buy close the account that they opened and undo everything g they did so that Verizon doesn't bill me for a phone service that only worked a second in the store and not once as soon as I left their store.

Update by user Aug 08, 2021

I lost $285 because Best Buy not only wouldn't activate my phone ( all 5 I had to purchase ), but they acted as if i was a hassle during the total of 9 hours I spent waiting for them! Almost two weeks after they told me that they couldn't help me, i finally went to Verizon.

I found out today that I owe Verizon $124 from Best Buy not deactivating my old defective account they set up for me.Best Buy doesn't train their employees at all to be competent in the use of their merchandise. I was told the same thing by 3 different employees, all of which I had already tried to do at home to no avail. Best Buy also hid the fact that I was due for an upgrade from me to allow for their commission.

Basically the employees were incompetent, shady and indifferent. Horrible, horrible experience with them!

Update by user Aug 08, 2021

Verizon was kind and knowledgeable. They set up my new upgraded phone without any problems, yet I STILL have to make a fourth trip to Best Buy to have them deactivate my old account they created for a defective we phone I bought there, so that I won't be charged $124. Best Buy not only didn't solve my problem, but created another one by them "forgetting" to delete and close my previous account with Verizon carrier service they had set up.

Original review posted by user Aug 08, 2021

I went to get a new prepaid phone with service added at Best Buy, and 9 hours waiting, three different visits to the store, 5 different phones and 3 different carriers later, I ended up being told that "there was nothing they could do for you". The two different employees also never mentioned that I was due for an upgrade and all said the same "stock" answers that they were taught to say.

Of course, none of them could activate my phone properly. Best Buy has horrible employee training techniques. If they are going to carry an item, the employees should have decent working knowledge of how to use it!

If they don't know, they should point me in right direction of someone who does know. Never returning.

User's recommendation: Buy your products and deal direct with the brand company instead. The employees are not trained well enough to accommodate customer's basic needs .

Best Buy Cons: Huge runaround, Customer service is horrible, Not honoring customer requests, Pathetic, Diffic.

Comments