State: Washington Product: Best Buy Manager Clear all filters (7 of 217 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
I realize that the manager of the store has to follow established policies but I don't understand his unwillingness to even inquire about it. I have dealt with other companies, they all seem to be able to make accommodations for special needs. Am I even going to be able to do business with Best Buy...
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Best buy rude. iPhone 5 case -Atlanta Ga Northlake location

Best buy in northlake mall area of Atlanta GA. Had been told by a different best buy it was fine to open boxes for iPhone 5 cases. I had narrowed it to two cases and opened one and tried it a d realized it had drawbacks and put it neatly back into it's box. Then tried the next one and liked it and was ready to purchase when the 5th person came over and asked if they could help me. Each time I had explained that I was simply making the final decision on one of two cases. Then a lady came over with an attitude and asked again and I said I will tell what I have told the last five people. I appreciate your offer to help but I am simply deciding between these two cases. She told me I could not open the cases and I shared that I had been told it was fine to open and try them to see which was the best fit for my needs. She was a *** heavy African American. I asked for the manager and complained. She came out and it was not ok to open "all the cases in the store". I said I agree and that statement about me opening all the cases is factually incorrect. I had researched and only opened two cases and had bee. Told it was ok to do so. I told the. They will get to keep all their cases as I will never buy from them again. I encourage others to keep buying on line and let them keep heading full speed to bankruptcy. They are well on their way and now I know why.

Its funny how these Best Buy employees (mostly all teenagers) try to defend their less than honest company. There have been so many PROVEN deceptions that States'Attorneys had to get involved.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

File your complaints with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection and continue to post on websites like this. Then send copies of the comments to the State'sAttorney's

Office.

I think common sense is enough to know you can't open new items on the sales floor to try them out. Apparently you don't have any.

I love when people like you say "i'll never shop there again and you'll go bankrupt" the best part is they go bankrupt and the store that finally did everything you wanted to gain your business and take it from the one that went bankrupt is the only one around...and when theres only one store around don't think they'll do anything to try and retain you because *** where will you go the competition is all out of business.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Manager

Treating the way I would not treat a fellow human being by Best Buy.

I was treated badly and embarrassed in public today at Best Buy.. I purchased an assemble yourself media tower damaged in the box. Brought back the pieces for return The manager said since I am the one who damaged it he would not accept it. I called the 1 888 BESTBUY number and that woman called the store. The manager now says he will sell me one for half price since I am a premiere silver customer and have spent many thousands of dollars at the store over the last 2 years. Why does BB want to lose a longtime customer over an item that retails for less than 50 dollars? I will be going there in the morning to cancel my pre ordered items and never do business with any Best Buy store again. I don't care about the measly sum of money that I was denied for the return. It is the excruciating embarrassing ordeal I had to endure. I was loyal as one can be with Best Buy as my "go to" store they made me feel like worthless trash in front of a lot of people. As did the woman at 1 888 BESTBUY over the phone. Maybe if enough "valued" customers shop elsewhere they will notice a significant drop in sales and give us a way to address our issues without having to grovel to some teenager in charge of customer service.
bileth22

What really needs to be expressed here is- That was an isolated incident with one smug punk manager.

The rest of the staff at that Best Buy store goes out of there way to be helpfull and honestly tries to be as informative as they can.

bileth22

You guys are like a fungal infection attached to every single Best Buy complaint on this website.

For the record I have worked for minimum wage plenty of times. I did not use my salary as an excuse to do a *** job.

If you would spend less time trying to spell cute little words with numbers you would know all that garbage is manufactured in China.

omg you spent thousands of dollars and are crying about 50 bucks.how do you think you made the employee feel having to deal with your cheap *** in front of other people. think about the poor *** that has to listen to your *** *** problems while getting underpaid to do it and yelled at by managers for not getting you away from the counter fast enough. its not all about you.

Best Buy's customer service has gone down hill. They have untrained customer service reps that usually don't have any personality whatsoever.

.. guess they don't realize WE EMPLOYEE THEM

Did you not see the full size sheet of paper in the instructions that has a big STOP sign and says "if you are missing parts or have damaged parts call this #". All you do is call the # and the manufacturer sends you what you need.

Wait.... You shop at BB so you most likely cannot read, my bad!

@ Simon "damaged in the box"

I don't blame Best Buy one bit for refusing to take a loss on an item you broke. Take better care of your things.

View more comments (6)
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy in Bellevue, Washington - Did not ship out for repair and lied about it.

Our 7 week old LG tv delveloped a verticle line down the middle of screen. Took tv in on Nov. 26th. Told it would ship to LG 2 days later. On the 30th their online tracking said it was still in store. Called store was told that it shipped out. A week later online tracking said it was still in store. Stopped by store and was told that it shipped. Contacted LG after 10 days. They researched it and found out that store didn't ship it because they didn't have packing materials. Store manager doesn't accept responsibility for the breakdown of the process. I've never seen a store's top employee not take responsibility for anything, not own anything, can't resolve anything, has no solution for anything. Santa has a long list of presents to buy and he wont be shopping at Best Buy!

Best Buy in Seattle, Washington - Federal Way Store refused refund

I had the brand new cables and receipt and the manager told me that Best Buy will not take any refunds after 30 day's. I've been recoperationg from multiple surgery's and have not been able to return the cords, untill now. So informed her, that Best Buy will NOT be getting any of my Christmas Shopping buissness. Nor will I be shopping at Best Buy ever again. So if you cant make this right, I am going to inform All my email contacts, to boycot Best Buy for all their Chrismas Shoping buissness. Ya I am Pissed.

:?

oh I'm sorry...maybe you should tell you mommy and she'll bake you some cookies and go give that mean mean man a talking to! believe md when I tell you...they don't want your business...you are a main in the *** and waste so much of a retailers time they are financially better off without you.

you already sound annoying you should have sent some one if you couldn't meet the return deadline not bestbuys fault just yours

Its a 30 day return policy on most items it is just that a return POLICY nobody can predict what will happen sometimes you just have to suck it up and cut your losses

30 days means 30 days, not 30 days unless you have story. This is standard at most retail stores. Better swear off of Wal-Mart as well as any other store with a 30 day return policy.

Jesus...I swear there is no self-accountability anymore, it's always someone else's fault...

View more comments (3)
Loss

Best Buy discriminated against my mother

Update by user Nov 23, 2011

There have been some comments on this complaint showing that people dont really understand what my problem with best buy is.. it isnt about them not letting her sit in the car to get ticket that was simply the question I called to ask the lady.

My issue lies in the customer service from this woman. The way that she spoke to me and stating that my mother should stay at home and that they do not accomodate people with disabilities black friday or any other day of the year. I was trying to explain the entire story so you would understand the basis of my issue. The woman should be versed in how to speak to consumers.

The fact remains that if my mother decides she wants to get in that line and wait she has every right to do so. S

Update by user Nov 23, 2011

Original review posted by user Nov 22, 2011

The best way to let you know what happened is to post the email that I sent to best Buy's CEO Brian Dunn. I spoke with the consumer relations department who stated that he spoke with the GM and assistant GM of the Best buy store in question in Greensboro NC. He stated to me that they told him " they were sticking to their guns" I'm not sure what that means I just want an apology to my mother. Here is the email: I am contacting you regarding a recent phone conversation I had with a store associate at the Best Buy in Greensboro, NC. I initially asked to speak with a manager when the lady on the phone informed me that she could help me. I asked her about the Black Friday sale, since I have never went shopping on Black Friday before. I asked her about what time is best to start lining up to receive a ticket needed for certain purchases. She stated that she was unaware of the "right time" to line up. I relayed to her my situation concerning my mother who wanted to purchase the TV that you have for 199.99 (she would never be able to afford it at regular price). I told her that the expected temperature will be 33 degrees here that night and since my mother is a Cancer patient currently going through chemotherapy and radiation at Duke University Cancer Center is it possible if I stand in line and she stay in my car parked in the handicap section so she could have heat. Once the tickets were handed out I would get her out of the car to receive her ticket and then I would put her back in the warm car. She stated to me "ma'am we have no way of knowing if your mother has cancer or not". I explained to the lady that considering she is in a wheelchair, bald and 98 pounds that it is rather obvious but I would be glad to provide documentation. She placed me on hold and upon returning she stated "they would not be able to do that and she would need to stand in line like everyone else." If the conversation had ended there I would have hung up, taken back by the comment concerning knowing if she had cancer or not, and went on my merry way but it did not. The lady then stated to me could someone else come in my mother's place and I informed her that no one else was available to do that, if so I would not have called. She then stated to me and I quote "Maybe your mother should stay at home then." I was so taken back by this comment that I replied to her "So you do not accommodate person with disabilities or cancer" and she replied back "that is correct we do not" The fact that this woman stated she should not be allowed to come shop there because she has cancer is appalling. My mother is not going to be discriminated against because she suffers from cancer and is in a wheelchair. I will no longer shop at Best Buy and I will inform as many media outlets, consumer report sites as well as whoever will listen about the phone conversation I had with your store representative who informed me of Best Buy's feelings toward those with disabilities and illnesses. The treatments may have ravished my mother's body but it has not diminished her desire to live. I have spoken with your consumer relations team and I am awaiting a call back currently. I wanted you to be aware of what transpired.
Consumer A

lol, you were obviously lying, and the customer service rep at Best Buy called you on it. Since your plan was to be there with your mother anyway (so she could stay warm in the car), the rep asked if perhaps "someone else" could stand in line for her; i.e.

YOU! When you said that was not possible (even though you had already told her you would be there the whole time in the car), you were busted, and you knew it.

Dumbest.

Scammer. Ever.

@ dummy and cohena2 *** ck you both!

I agree Best Buy sucks. Go to new egg and buy what you need.

You fail. This private retail store does not care about your predicament and they are 100% lawfully right in doing so. Again, you fail.

cohena2

Oh boo hoo hoo. Cry me a river.

The world is going to end because your mother has to stand in line like everyone else. Oh well will the world go on after this traumatic event?

This world is falling apart cuz of people moaning and complaining. I suffer from depression, long lines and the cold "depresses" me.

I guess I should jump to the front of the line.

Sorry about your mom but you're a cry baby. I'm going to Best Buy today to buy that TV at full price to ensure I maximize their profits.

So you can stand in line and drive her and wait for her, but you can't just buy the television for her? Come on.

Also, I'm certain that Best Buy does not discriminate against people that are handicapped.

Cancer is not considered a disability, it is an illness, and if they start letting people with illnesses go to the front of the line, where does it stop?

I'm pregnant, should I be able to go before everyone else? My sister is bipolar, should she go before everyone else?

if your mother has cancer and is 98 pounds and in a wheel chair how is she going to beat down the mob of people in the store and carry the tv to her home since she is in a wheel chair she cant be driving and you stated there is no one to stand in line either or drive the car. I smell BS. stand in line like the rest of us.

View more comments (7)

Best Buy in Lynnwood, Washington - Bet Buy overcharged for a Lap Top Computer

I won't spend another dime at Best Buy! I bought a Compaq lap top that was tagged "on sale" at $279.95. I charged it to my Master Card. When I got out to my car I noticed that they had charged me $299.95. I went back and asked to talk to a manager. He said we should check the tag which, amazingly, now said $299.95. I asked to speak with the salesclerk and was told that he had gone home sick. Bottom line here is a convenient bait & switch. I kept the darn thing and just chalked it up to lessons learned! I tell you though, if Best Buy needs $20.00 that bad there is no hope for the American consumer.

Charging you $20 more than you thought is worlds away from bait and switch you retard.

I really hope you don't have any kids and if they do, I hope they learn legal terms before they throw them around.

I agree with the last comment. You always want to check anything before you pay for it.

If you didn't then its really your fault. And there's no way they changed the tag right after your purchase.

You probably saw the incorrect tag. Which is still an error on your behalf.

why would you not check what you are purchasing before you swipe card--sounds like your own error.

View more comments (2)