1.2

Update by user Jul 30

Best Buy just doesn’t stand behind their products plain and simple. Just got to start shopping elsewhere where they care about the customer? Best Buy obviously doesn’t

Original review posted by user Jul 30

My 75” tv made a popping noise and was told it was an impact . Geek squad warranty doesn’t cover this?

Well today Best Buy lost a valuable customer. I was told this plan when I bought it covers everything for 5 years? Well I guess it doesn’t? I will buy all my appliances from Mentor tv from now on this is bs.

I’m out over 2500.00 dollars counting this bs warranty. I’m going up later and have my Best Buy card cancelled. I got ripped off 400 dollars on this warranty.

Everytime you go to use a warranty there’s always something or excuse “well it doesn’t cover that”. No more Best Buy no more you just lost a customer that spends a lot in your stores both here and Florida

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Claim.

Best Buy Pros: Cant answer.

Best Buy Cons: Response to problem, Geek squad treatment.

• Extended warranty s

Comments

Machele

Stores love to sell customers these warranties because they make alot of money from them. The key to buying them is to actually read the information they will provide you prior to agreeing to buy the warranty, line by line to see what is covered and what is not, etc.

Never, ever believe what the salesman tells you, eg., it covers everything for any reason, etc. Bottom line is these things are usually a waste of money as the manufacturer's warranty is for a certain length of time and thus covered by the manufacturer. Most appliances and electronic items go bad within the manufacturer's warranty period. You would be better just buying an item, forgetting the warranty nonsense and saving the money you would have spent for it to buy a new item when the one you just bought breaks.

Remember what P.T. Barnum said about gullible people.

Best Buy Reviews