I preordered a collector's edition game, scheduled the day off from work, got an email that it was ready to pick up but when I went to get it they had a big stack of them but told them my assigned copy was missing, and they wouldn't give me any of the ones they had...

Wow! That is ridiculously unfair. At the least you should have received a gift card for the full price of the game.

Poor customer service

Digital download | Best Buy review from Richmond, Virginia

I downloaded a game and the process was horrible. it took 3 hours for them to find me a "verification code" and then they could not so they sent an alternate link that would take another hour to email me. will never use them again. stick to steam is my recommendation. never had a problem there. still waiting and waiting and waiting still waiting and waiting and waiting still waiting and waiting and waiting still waiting and waiting and waiting still waiting and waiting and waiting still waiting and waiting and waiting still waiting and waiting and waiting still waiting and waiting and waiting still waiting and waiting and waiting
Review
#642070 Review #642070 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Worst customer service
Order processing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • PC Gaming

Don't EVER get a Best Buy Card

So I've purchased a 60 inch television a while back and have been making payments on it. A couple days ago, I looked on my Best Buy account statement to find that what I previously owed (around 300 dollars) had turned into 900 dollars!!! Along with this, my minimum payment went up from 25 to 31 dollars. I haven't made any late payments or anything like that, so I thought this must be a mistake....I mean that's crazy for me to buy practically twice the price of the television. My response was to email the customer service and they told me this happened because it had been over a certain time limit. I thus responded back saying...so you think that because I haven't paid by a certain time period (even though I've always paid on time) that I should have to pay twice the amount of the TV?????!!! I think not!
MattD78

I don't think you should get any more credit cards if you can't understand how accrued interest works/don't read the credit card agreements.

"For Same As Cash Plans, if interest is applied, the interest is accrued

from the transaction date of the purchase through the current cycle."

That is from the credit agreement YOU signed. It states that after the interest free period ends, your interest accrues from the day you purchased the TV.

So if you have only been making the minimum payments every month, then interest has been building on the balance since day 1.

After the interest free period (18 months lets say) then ALL that interest that was building up comes back and is added to the balance.

The idea of an interest free period is that you are supposed to pay off the WHOLE balance in that time, not just tiny pieces. This is how EVERY credit card treats interest free promotional periods.

Also, this is a policy of Capital One since it is their credit card and their money, not Best Buy's.

Best buy cards suck

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy - Installation Review from Richmond, Virginia

If you are ever getting new appliances, don't use best buy! Their website is impossible to use and delivery does not include installation. Installation is also done by a third party that is different from the one that delivers. Have fun getting it all scheduled. And it cost $140 bucks for them to install a dishwasher. This was after I specifically chatted with a "customer service rep" on the website when I ordered AND VERIFIED IT WAS INCLUDED. Save yourself the hassle. I only got installation set for the same day as delivery because I threw a fit.
Service
Best Buy Installation
Not as described/ advertised

I went to the Store to buy the Motorola 360 Smart Watch | Best Buy review from Richmond, Virginia

WELL I TRIED!!!! and to be exact I went 7 times on a period of almost 2 months looking for the gadget that sits at their Display (Demo only) every time I asked they were out of stock, ok went back Today and they said they Will no longer have the item at the store, Sad Because I love to go to the store and pick up my Electronics and gadgets but I guess I should order from Amazon or any other Online Store that so far When I need to buy there is alway something in Stock. and yeah I know I can order online from them too but again that was not the point ....

The problem with that situation is BestBuy's contract with their vendors. They get the product on display theres no stock because the manufacturer doesn't produce enough and they rush production and market the *** out of the product.

Then when it doesn't sell well the vendor pulls the product. Welcome to corporate America. Furthermore android wear is the glorified competitor to the Samsung tizen watches. I said "Glorified" because it is glorified.

Android wear is in beta stage and was hyped up severely. I work at BestBuy and most of those watches get returned because they don't have $200 worth of useful features. My recommendation is to wait a few more months and see what's going on in the smartwatch world. The gear neo is my favorite smart watch right now.

But I'm not impressed by any of the others. The Samsung gear live isn't bad and honestly the moto 360 got bad feedback. But I really think its due to the lack of android wear functionality. Android wear has a completely different mission.

Its job is to present you with the information you want at your fingertips without you asking.

It doesn't have a ton of multimedia functionality. Anyway have a good night :)

Service call | Best Buy review from Richmond, Virginia

Whirlpool was suppose to come out today between 1-5pm not only did they not come they canceled the appt didn't tell me until I called at 4:07 pm, and it was because the service man didn't show up for work. Where the *** they do that at. Now they said I have to wait until next Thursday. I am completely out done with whirlpool and best buy. And yes best buy gave me a borrower yes they did, but when I went to best buy to get my refrigerator and now that whirlpool dropped the ball best buy still wants me to wait on the poor poor inconsiderate customer service of whirlpool. Do yourself a favor do not ever purchase from best buy or a whirlpool product unless you like spending hours on the phone and waiting around for people to show that don't show.

Sounds like you have more of a problem with Whirlpool.

Busted refrigerator | Best Buy review from Richmond, Virginia

I purchased a refrigerator from best buy on 9/20/2013 I have had 3 separate service issues in that short time. This last service issue the fridge went completely bad and spoiled all the food in my house. I had just went grocery shopping and spent 150.00 on food (today is a Tuesday ) they want me to wait until Thursday . I have kids and don't have food for school in the morning, and the best they offer me is a messily $75.00 gift card, ARE YOU KIDDING me!!!!!!!!! Best buy past the buck and whirlpool is a company that uses cheap parts. I only know that now because of this horrible experience. And I mean horrible. Whirlpool told me "go to rent a center and get a fridge we will reimburse you" who says that. It's 8:10pm eastern standard time at night and now I have to figure this non scene out. Never ever again. NEVER!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think feeding your kids is Best Buy's responsibility? Best Buy sells the product but it's Whirlpool's responsibility to get your product repaired.

Be thankful they offered you $75 for food and quit being so ungrateful. If you bought your fridge in Sept.

it should still be under the one year warranty. They owe you a running fridge, not food on the table.

where do these people get the name WORST BUY FROM. Maybe all the horror stories posted about this company and the lack of customer care.

Yeah... this is not Best Buy's fault.

Best Buy Suck

Best Buy is not a good retail store and I would strongly suggest going somewhere else for you entertainment needs. There sales people will promise you one thing and the management will not support what is told to you. In addition the management is rude, and don't care after a sell is made. IN addition their refund policies suck and you are so much better off going to a local outfit that give a *** about their customers and those that they server. If you are in the Charlottesville, VA area I strongly suggest going to Chutchfield which is much better
Patrick

so.. you complain but have no actual reasons for it? okay then.

To the commentor with the cellphone problem I would recommend taking action. IF YOU HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE OF THE INSURANCE notify the Texas Attorney General's Office and obtain the phone number/address of their consumer protection division to find out the procedure to file a complaint.

You should be able to get the insurance refunded to you.

Also you would have a valid complaint if you can prove that you returned or tried to return the phone during the 30 day period. I advise that if you are offered a store credit it would be prudent to reject it and only accept monetary replacement.

Richard

I agree completely. After having my iPhone 4Gs stolen, and not having insurance, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy SIII from Best Buy on Hwy 6 & FM 529, in Houston, TX.

At the time of purchase I asked for insurance and extended protection plan and though I had spent the extra money to purchase it.

Just over a month later, (they have a 30 day return policy) I went back to have some issues addressed, and was told that I didn't have either. Of course I complained which fell on death ears and now I'm stuck with this piece of junk and no recourse except things like this.

Did they do anything wrong? Not legally, but that doesn't make it right.

Was the sales lady disciplined? Not that I know of and she still works there doing the same thing.

Does Best Buy care about satisfied customers and offer decent customer service? Not in my strongest opinion.

Would I have made my purchase if I knew what I have learned and read since?

I hear the Best Buy Corporation is having problems and may file bankruptcy. I certainly hope that's true.

MORE PEOPLE SHOULD USE THESE WEB SITES. THEY'RE THE ONLY WEAPON WE HAVE TO FIGHT BACK WITH!!!

Best Buy Bogus Internet prices

Purchased an 42" Lg Tv as advertised from Best Buy online for a sale price of $188. Price was advertised 31 DEC 2011 so I suppose it was a end of year special. After completing my order on line, my purchase was suppose to available for pick-up at my local Best Buy with an hour. Within that time frame I received an email stating that the item was not available at my location and to call customer service to see where the item could be found or ship to me free. Anyway, after talking to customer service I find out that the item was priced incorrectly and it would not be honored at that price. At this price i am a little disappointed but okay. My issue is that a company as large as Best Buy must have an a system of reviews before products are posted for sale. And, on 31 December, when the system allows about seven days before customers "card" payment have to be returned this can be a small windfall for company on the down-slide. I am assuming that at the advertised price hundreds if not thousands of this item were ordered and as of yet has not been corrected. This may be standard Op for many companies but we as consumers need to wake up. Just like orange juice..

I got my 42 inch tv for $188. That is bs that they would not honor their mistake.

I too placed any order on 12/31 Morning and received a email confirmation instantly.. then by noon they sen an email saying item is not available in that store and last email in evening say sorry We apologize for canceling your order..

Oh get over yourself. I'm sure you've never made a signle mistake in your entire life right? You're just that perfect?

Contact Best Buy Customer Service

Compare Best Buy vs Walmart

Latest Question

Best Buy Questions

Cost me over $500 | Best Buy review from Richmond, Virginia

I brought my computer into Best Buy to be repaired by the Geek Squad. I paid $200 for the service. They were to reinstall Microsoft Professional and replace the hard drive. After picking up the computer and moving 16 hours away, I noticied that the Microsoft program was not re installed. So, after i brought the computer and documentation back to another best buy, they stated that i did not pay for the geek squad service ($200). I had to argue with them for about an hour about that, until i finally convinced them to look it up on their computer. They are unwilling to help, told me that it is not their problem, and now i have to rebuy the program (around $300) since i had to put all my household goods in storage for the next year (military move). I had a few other issues wrong with the computer after the hard drive was installed, but was assured when i picked up the computer originally that is was working "above" 100%. The usb ports quit working, among other small frustrating things. So i left my computer, which my gut said not to but did it anyways because i wanted a functional computer. They stated it would take 3-5 days, and to go ahead and call each day to see how the process was going. So, i gave it a few days, and tried to call three times with no answer. I tried again twice the next day to reach them, but again no answer. So i finally went personally into the store-40 miles away-to find out what the problem was. I found out what the problem was--the employees were too busy flirting with the young female customers, watching tv, and horsing around to answer the phone. At that point, i asked for my computer back, since i did not feel anything productive could be happening at that place. They also lost my computer and accessories that i brought in to be fixed. After three hours, they found the computer, but not the accessories. After getting really pissed and showing them that I did bring in the accessories (i made sure it was documented upon drop off), magically my accessories appeared.