rude rude rude service - no help with questions | Best Buy review from Chantilly, Virginia

Wanted to purchase a mp3 device to record/download books. Store in Allen Park, MI did not have Ipod Nano in stock, nor was anybody available to answer questions, help with instrustions, etc. I was treated like a *** old woman who had no reason to be there. I did purchase a mp3 player for downloading books from Barnes & Nobel, Amazon, etc. sites, however, I had a lot of trouble with it ... even a techno experienced person was frustrated with the device. After I return the mp3 device to the store where it was purchased, I will never again buy anything from Best Buy... especially at this store. In the past I have purchased 4 TVs, a best of the best computer, an air conditioner, and lots of other high end things. You will no no longer be receiving my business!, especially at this store!! Shame on you for the attitude that seems to be pervasive with the young people *techno experts* employed by your company.

Customers are so rude in retail. They are spoiled brats that always want there own way.

They don't grasp the concept of how a business is run, to make profit, satisfy the consumer. Of you want something for free, good luck- nothing is free. These people are the reasons why employees get crabby- we deal with this *** all the time.

I don't care of you spend Alotta money at a store, so do I whats your point? Everyone should be treated the same .Customers are rude I tell you

Its funny how these Best Buy employees (mostly all teenagers) try to defend their less than honest company. There have been so many PROVEN deceptions that States'Attorneys had to get involved.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

File your complaints with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection and continue to post on websites like this. Then send copies of the comments to the State'sAttorney's

Office.

Wow. So your basically an entitled *** who thinks they deserve special.

Learn to use it yourself.

Get over yourself! If you cant learn to use it then your too OLD to have it!

Hmm I don't work for best buy but where I work your not a best of the best customer for spending I'm going to estimate 7-8k for the things you listed...and best buy has some very expensive things.

I once had a customer come in and complain about the price even though corporate gave him a discount he wanted more and was claiming how much he spends (even though I can look that up), another customer that has been coming in for a while placing orders came in to pay and said "I don't get a second discount and I'm spending 10k" Funny how much you think your spending first guy maybe at most 5k in a year second guy 10k in one transaction who complained more...second guy didn't even care if he got anything off.

View more comments (3)

Don't work with Best Buy they don't value customers

this is the last time I will buy from Best Buy. I purchased a camera from BestBuy.com and upon trying to use the camera it would not open and turn on. I went into the store and they said they couldn't help me because I bought it from their marketplace, meaning from one of their third party suppliers. I felt it I was completely unacceptable for them to push it onto them as my payment went to Best Buy not the third party. now I have to have the manufacturer try to repair the camera instead of getting a new one because too much time lapsed between finding out it was broken and trying to figure out how I could return it. I've spent over $3000 there in the last 3 years and this is the way I was treated, again, I'll never buy from them again

Office.

The new issue of Consumer's Report, Dec 2012, on page 25 rates retailers and Best Buy is at the bottom.

BrotherWitch

I was an employee of Best Buy back in 1996/97. I have made 2 purchases from BestBuy.com, and never will again.

There are countless reviews of their online service causing problems. Never use them. The stores are still good. And always bet the PRP/PSP (extended warrenty) as they will cover nearly anything that goes wrong.

But the online store? $^*#$ them. They suck. You want a good online vendor?

newegg.com. Been shopping with them since 2006, spent thousands. The few times I received a DOA item, it was replaced for free, they even took care of shipping both ways.

In short, BestBuy stores good, bestbuy.com bad.

Try newegg.com instead. (Their charger cables are ridiculously cheap.)

View more comments (1)

Best Buy??

I see all these complaints about Best Buy. Ive been working at Best Buy for over 3 years now. You guys do not see our point on the other end of the counter. We have a policy to follow just like most businesses do. The policy is clearly posted on the back of your receipt. When it comes to Geek Squad protection our motto is clear "If we can't fix it then it will be replaced". So just because you purchased a $500 TV and a $100 dollar protection plan doesnt mean we are going to give you a new TV. It simply means we will try to fix the issue and if we are unsucessful then you qualify for a new TV. If you upgrade to a new TV you will have to pay the difference. When it comes to answering phones that is our job as well. Just like customers come in store and want to purchase things customers call on the phone and would like to purchase things as well. Besides it would be rude to speak to you in person with a phone ringing while we are trying to conversate. Overall I think people need to be more considerate of Best Buy. We do our job to help but everything is not always going to go you're way if that was the case we wouldnt have rules or policies.

Office.

Oh yeah - The person that commented about cell phones....dude25 is absolutely right. Best Buy is only a reseller.

If you have a problem with your service, or with the actual phone not working....what do you think they can do about it? They did just what the Verizon place did, sell you what you wanted. You just happened to finally choose a decent model by the time you got to Verizon. Do your research before you buy a phone, read reviews, find out what\'s a pretty box and what\'s a functional phone.

Employees aren\'t generally going to do that for you because too many people are brand loyal, so when an employee says \"well, actually, the new model of {blank} phones aren\'t that great, but this one is\' people don\'t want to hear their brand put down, even if it\'s true. So employees are sick of getting their heads bitten off and sell you want you want. And that isn\'t always what you need. People that come into the store with an attitude, expecting to get screwed, or lied to, or cheated, will get sold what they want and no more.

You want attention and service, be polite.

It isn\'t a lot to ask. Well, you wouldn\'t think it was.

RegularBuyer, how was the Geek Squad Tech able to find your husbands name at all if everything had your name on it as you say? Did he, perhaps, bring the thing in for service and not you? That would be one reason names wouldn't match. Was the receipt you held in your husbands name? There are many people with the same last names, and you woudn't believe the amount of lost receipts laying around to be picked up. Knowing how the service policy works, unless you are not telling something, there is just no way for it to have worked out like you said.

Good luck with your police report, everything you or your husband signed is in Best Buys computers. As soon as things don't match, you have wasted everyone's time. Oh, and now that you have threated them with police action, they no longer are allowed to speak to you. That's another "policy" you will find across pretty much any retail store. You'll have to have your lawyers talk to theirs from now on.

@Staples guy....maybe it isn't you, but EVERY Staples I have been in to, I have only been able to get ANY attention from a sales person when I come in dressed in business clothes. If I come in wearing jeans, I can't pry the time of day from them with a cattle prod and crowbar. I always wondered if they trained employees to help the people that looked like they had money first, and if they had time, they could help other people if they wanted to.

Policies are fine, but when the paperwork has typos entered by YOUR GEEKS you can't try to stick your policy as an excuse. What the store did to me today has one simple name: THEFT.

I paid for a tablet and service plan with MY Card, I dropped it off for service, The Geek confirmed my last name and phone number, I signed the ticket---I go pick it up and the Geek refused to give me the equipment because "the name didn't match".---REALLY?? I proved I bought it and have the receipt and card, my signature (on the card and in person) matches the ticket and they are still holding it hostage because the incompetent geek chose my husband's name over mine???

Get a clue and some customer service skills. I am filing a police report in the morning.

@Regular Buyer who understands

Why don't you bring your husband in. The police will tell you that because nothings been stolen from you really. You're overreacting.

*** you Ni GG ER Doug.

PS... FA gg ot :cry

I know what you mean, I work at Staples and we help people as much as we can, just customers are lazy. I had someone yesterday walk in the store and come up to the tech counter where I was helping a customer with their computer and says "Is there anyone working here?" and I asked him what he needed help with and he says "I need to you help me find an envelope." I told him I can meet him when I'm finished or I'll send someone that way.

He turned around and said "That doesn't help me now." The guy I was already helping quietly laughed and I saw the office supply employee next to the phone in the office supply side so I called and told her the older gentlemen was coming, then when he left he walked by with his envelopes and said "Thanks for nothing". He should be able to read the 8 ft sign that says "Envelopes and Labels" and look without needing spoonfed and burped.

Verizon dude total Dumb ***

I have shopped Best Buy for years and have always been taken care of. They are only a reseller for cell phones. If you have a problem with the phone you should take it to your provider.

Best Buy only cares that you buy from them and then they could give a *** about you. We upgraded our Verizon phones with new smart phones on 7-29-12.

the NEXT day, i had issues and after spending 3 hours AGAIN I got a new phone. 4 weeks later, i again had issues they sell reject SAMSUNG phones, and i got a new sim card. 3 issues in 5 weeks. Now 3 weeks after that, both my wifes and my phones are giving us troubles, we go into BB and the young sales guys say we need to come back tomorrow and talk the mobile manager.

after talking to the mobile mgr, store mrg adn then an area director, all say it's after 30 days. They really back their products. I then went to Verizon store adn after only 20 minutes, they will switch us to a new Motorola phone which we both love. THANK YOU VERIZON store In Appleton, Wi.

at least you care about your customer. Never shop at Best Buy.

View more comments (9)
Review

I purchased a anti virus software& it was a defective cd..there was a discolored line going thru it. | Best Buy review from Chantilly, Virginia

i bought this anti virus software,would not work..a discolored line going thru it.was defective..they would only exchange it. did not want another i want my money back! Its seems so unfair, the only way i could ever know if it worked or not was to open the box,they gave me a new one and they opened the box!! I did not want a different one I just want my $$$ back!! i WILL NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY AGAIN...THEY ARE SO VERY DISHONEST...WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THIS ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE?? IM ON A very limited budget...how do you people get away w/this??
Patrick

hey ***, learn about electronics and retail stores before you get in over your head like that next time. you can't get your money back for opened software or anything disc related.

it's against copyright laws so it isn't exactly Best Buy's laws. for all we know, you copied the disc on your computer.

No store is going to refund for opened software. But if you take it up to the geek squard at best buy they will install another copy and make sure it works.

I have done that and a lot of times if they are not busy they will install it for free.

But do not get mad if they charge you. It is up to the tech that is helping you.

It's a federal copy right law not to excepte an open software program your lucky they wanted to exchange it.

NonnyMouse

If you 'did not want another' why did you want one at all in the first place???

Of course they opened it there at the counter.

It's the law. You brought back an opened software. That's what you get in exchange. ANYWHERE IN THE US.

Also, it's showing you that This One does not have a line through it.

You're Welcome. Whiner.

It is the year 2012. It's time to learn that SOFTWARE IS NOT REFUNDABLE!

NOT AT BEST BUY, NOT AT WALMART, NOT ANYWHERE! It's not that difficult to understand why.

Well, most if not all stores which sell software will only offer exchanges and will never give you your money back. Otherwise, what's to prevent people from installing or copying the software, then returning it for full refund.

Also, you make it sound like they forced you to buy anti-virus software you never wanted. You wanted it enough that you bought it, it was defective, they'll give you another one, so why suddenly now do you not want it anymore?

View more comments (5)