State: Virginia Product: Best Buy Manager Clear all filters (6 of 217 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Best Buy - Manager Review from Newport News, Virginia

3.9
I went to best buy to purchase a tablet. After waiting for almost 45minutes someone decided to assist me. The individual clearly did not know the products they were selling and didn't even know what they had in stock. After purchasing the tablet I decided to get a bigger tablet. The next day I arrive at the store when they first open hoping to receive better customer service. After waiting 30 minutes to see a new tablet I decided to look for a manager. Surprisingly all the managers were in the front of the store laughing and goofing off. Apparently, they were offended that I interrupted there non work related conversation. The manager told me that it should be someone in the area to assist me. After walking around they finally found someone to assist me. Apparently he was upset that we interrupted his texting. My problem is that I counted 25 employees on the floor of the store walking around. No one was assisting or trying to get a sale. The store in Newport News, VA clearly doesn't know what customer service is. Management and employees really need basic training. I try to avoid this store at all cost. Best buy corporate really needs to go and investigate issues with store. Employees are rude, unfriendly and getting paid not to do there job.
Review
#601957 Review #601957 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Bestbuy is no longer a "best buy" place.

I ordered a LG refrigerator two weeks ago. The order missed the first delivery, then on the second delivery, it arrived as openbox with dent. The next reschedule was confirmed yesterday, and later I was informed they need to reschedule again, but no one can explain to me what happened. Although the store manager tried her best to help me, the Bestbuy system totally failed. It took me two weekend days and one week day that I need to take a day off to wait for the delivery, all I heard was "sorry" but no real resolution. I finally cancelled the order. I DO believe BestBuy will be the next Circuit City.
Anubhav

Haizhong .... the tone regarding Best buy seems to be quite consistent...

atleast you were able to cancel the order and get out without any financial harm...

I have paid a $1000 without a working TV set... I have to agree with you that BB is going down a path worse than Circuit City.

Screwed by Best Buy

I purchased a "open box" FTQ307NWGX Oven from BB the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. They loaded the oven in my truck wrapped in plastic. When I got home my old slide in oven was removed and the counter top and bracing was cut out to install this full size range. It was not the one I purchased! No problem, I call BB and say, hey, you loaded up the wrong range, please deliver the correct one that I purchased. They stated , after Thanks Giving. I about *** I cant re-install my old slide in, and me and my family get to eat out at a chineese resturant for Thanksgiving! I get a 60 dollar gift certificate from BB after calling their corporate office...woohoo. Mike at the Independence store in VA Beach needs...well an ***....kissin? I was offered ten dollars to take this one back and get the one they should have loaded in the first place. Not a big issue in life but I was wronged and told to stick it by BB. True statement by my wife.." We could have bought this range at any store, and got the right one" Mike stated, "Not at this price you wouldn't, you already got $400.00 off" Tell your husband we will give him ten dollars in gas to bring the wrong one back, and we will load up this one". Well Mike, I'll give YOU ten dollars to deliver the "Correct" one, pick up this "wrong" one, lift it in the truck and take it away. The so-called General Manager, he needs to go. He hates his job or or has no customer service skill's IHO. He passes you down bad information to a salesman who has no "power" to make a decision. This salesman filled us in about the "GM". He is Hard on Employee's and does not give a *** about customer service. He feels "Most cutomers are whiners looking for a deal" He's gotta go! I'm looking for what I paid for, nothing else! The GM's name will not be hard to find for BB Management, the date was 11/22/11 at this store. He's the one that made the final decision to my wife, she left the store crying/upset. Sorry for the rant. If called upon, I will meet the GM and attest to everything posted here, with his superior .

imply you at some point drove back, and could have resolved the issue with all your giftcards in hand from BB. Thats your problem Timmy, you imply, without information, \"all my giftcard\'s, etc.

Where the heck is that written? Let it Go, for god sakes I\'m over it. Tim, you sir, are an *** with no life.

You are correct, Best Buy did as advertised, I conceed the point. Thread closed.

TimThomas

Moral of the story, BOTH parties are responsible for verifying the item being loaded when you buy something large from a retailer. You should have noticed when the oven they loaded was a 30 inch not a 24 incher.

Highly doubt doesn't equate to me being there, and you were the one saying your wife was crying at the store which would imply you at some point drove back, and could have resolved the issue with all your giftcards in hand from BB. All I was pointing out is that your story is full of embellishment to try and make people side with you.

And no I do not now nor have I ever worked at Best Buy, nor am I afraid to tell people stuff to their faces. You posted a sob story on a website after adding dramatic effects to it, and for my amusement I responded.

Jess

I was under the impression you were just upgrading because of a good deal and that you, yourself owned the vehicle so it was only a matter of time and gas wasted, so for that, I apologize. I'm curious why your family was hosting Thanksgiving for out of town guests with a oven on the fritz but its not super relevant.

I guess my point is, things like delivery, are booked up far in advance and I know for a fact my local Best Buy does not deliver out of their store, rather the item has to be transfered to a distribution center where trucks are loaded up to deliver to homes. This can take a few days, and with a holiday fast approaching, is not feasible. All I was getting at was that it didnt seem like a HUGE inconvience to run up to the store and do the swap out there. New oven, Thanksgiving not ruined, problem solved!

I'd gladly load up your oven, take it back to the store and complain my way into a better, new in box item for a discounted rate, or a $100 giftcard, because those are things managers have some control over.

So what ended up happening if you don't mind me asking..?

Did you pick up the correct one, were you compensated in anyway? Did Thanksgiving happen for you and your family?

Written by Jessa0756I never understand why people replace major appliances right before a holiday, esp when it sounds like your old one was still working just fine..I had no choice, My oven lower burner just died. I dont want to \"stick it to them\" as you stated.

I borrowed a truck and picked it up. I had a nieghbor help me unload it and carry it in the house. Upon removing the cellophane plastic, it was revealed that the wrong stove was loaded. All we wanted wasa the correct stove deliverd by the next day, Wednesday, the stove that I paid for.

My neigbors work for a living, like me, they would have to *** work to help me go get this and fix BB\'s mistakeWritten by Jessa0756but you too sir failed to plan ahead, have a back up plan in case something did go wrong, and refusing to just take the item back yourselfJessa, you are correct, my fault. Your oppinion..well speaks volumes about youirself.

Why dont you load it up for me and haul it back for BB? They will appreciate it and your resonce to this complaint.

Jess

I never understand why people replace major appliances right before a holiday, esp when it sounds like your old one was still working just fine..?(correct me if im wrong) This is the absolute busiest time of the year and trust me things go wrong with all kinds of purchases (big or small) all the time at every retailer. Sure, they should have made sure to get you the product you purchase, but you also could have checked the product before you left the store.

Wrapped in plastic or not I'm sure some distinguishing characteristic was visible.I get that you wanted to "stick it to them" by making them deliver the correct item, but deliveries are made by 3rd parties, scheduled days in advance and in some cases, cost extra.

If you had access to a truck, why not take the incorrect one back and get the correct one and have your Thanksgiving? Sure a little inconvienced, but I bet if you spoke to the manager in store you would have been compensated better(tends to be case where I work at least) YES Best Buy dropped the ball by loading up the wrong item but you too sir failed to plan ahead, have a back up plan in case something did go wrong, and refusing to just take the item back yourself.

"I don't however understand the catastrophe of making it there with aforementioned truck"

Lawyer liberal friend, the stove was to be delivered after Thanksgiving. This was thei mistake, it was early Teusday!

I had no oven thanks to Best Buy. That means all of our out of town relitives visiting us, including my family have eaten out for the holiday. No really big deal, I understand. I paid for it!

But I have to ask, where did you spend Thanksgiving? I have served in the Military, and still serve, I miss many holiday's.

When I'm home, every holiday is special! I'm outa here.

Are you really Adam, the manager from this store? You sir, are misinformed.

I told the truth, I never stated the GM "Hated" employee's or customers.

You mis-quote me and add your wrong opinion of the facts. I ask again, are you an employee of Best Buy?

You were not there, yet you have a comment that is totally wrong. (bob) Stated that to me!

You wrote "you highly doubt" Were you there? Shut your mouth and read sir! Those were fact's, not your idealized recreation of the situation. Do you work for Best Buy?

I'll tell you why, I was going to MEET Mike, after his comment's to her, my wife know's me, that is why she was upset. When one is wronged in person, they can be seen. While a learnred person such as yourself can hide behind a keyboad. Run your legal mouth in front of the average person, face to face.

You think you can screw the average person and get away with it, and justify it with your verbage? I'll stop there, You sir "do not understand" alot...:)

I highly doubt that the employee would have told you the guy hates employees and customers first of all. It is unfortunate that they loaded the wrong item and they should have offered delivery Wednesday assuming you called at a reasonable hour Tuesday.

I don't however understand the catastrophe of making it there with aforementioned truck seeing as it was a deal that saved you 400, plus netted you 70 dollars on top of that. That and I don't understand how your wife left the store crying after you got off the phone.

View more comments (9)
Loss

Best Buy in Norfolk, Virginia - Manager told me to get out

I WAS IN THE BEST BUY ON INDEPENDENT RD IN VIRGINIA BEACH. I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR THREE HOURS THEN WAS CALLED AND TOLD THEY WONT BE ABLE TO INSTALL THE CD PLAYER I BROUGHT FOR MY CAR FROM BEST BUY SO I WENT TO THE FRONT AND ASKED TO SPEAK WITH THE MANAGER. I WAS SPEAKING WITH A REPRESENTATIVE AT THE FRONT COUNTER. WHEN I TOLD HIM IT WAS SOME *** I HAD TO WAIT THIS LONG. THE MANAGER NAME AUDRA CAME UP AT THE SAME TIME IN SAID IF YOUR CURSING IN MY STORE YOU CAN GET OUT IN I TOLD HER. LOOK MAM I WASNT TALKING TO YOU OR DIRECTING IT TO YOU OR ANYONE AND HEAR. AUDRA NOT WILLING TO EVEN FIND OUT WHAT THE ISSUE WAS JUST TOLD ME. I NEED TO GET OUT HER STORE AND I TOLD HER I DONT HAVE TO I DID NOTHING WRONG AND SHE THREATED TO CALL SECURITY. SHE WALKED AWAY AND ME BEING A CUSTOMER KNOWING I DID NOTHING WRONG STAYED IN THE STORE. AS I SAW HER FOLLOWING ME AROUND AND WATCHING ME. I DECIDED TO GET  MY KEYS FROM INSTALL AND LEAVE WHEN I GOT READY BUT SHE HAS KNOW CUSTOMER SERVICE VALUES AND I THINK SHE NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED BECAUSE I WASNT HOSTILE AT ALL JUST FELT MISTREATED AND EVEN MORE MISTREATED WITH DISRESPECT FROM A MANAGER THAT WOULDNT EVEN HERE ME OUT AND JUST TOLD ME TO GET OUT LIKE I WAS A NOBODY. SHE DIDNT EVEN TRY TO ASK ME WHATS GOING ON. I DIDNT DIRECT ANY BAD WORDS AT HER OR ANYONE ELSE. SHE JUST DIDNT WANT TO DEAL WITH MY SITUATION MAYBE BECAUSE SHE WAS HAVING A BAD DAY BUT SHE DIDNT EVEN HEAR ME OUT. SHE JUST ATTACKED ME. WHEN SHE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE HELPING ME.
This G

Hahaha are you serious? That can't be the same person responding. But then again, you sound like you can count to your IQ using only your fingers and toes.

And it wasn't a joke, did you see what it was trying to type?

#220100

You all need to shut up. I did not want to wait my turn so I pushed in front of a couple with a child.

I did not swear at the manager I swore at the couple. The manager told me I had to wait my turn, and I told her this is ***. Women they don't know nothing. Why should I respect her she is a lady.

I am a man. It's a man\'s world until those feminists created women\'s right movements. Also dummy, it was a typo I meant to say three minutes.

Dummy. You must all be women.

#220098

What the manager should have done is asked you not to return without a parent because clearly cannot behave yourself without an adult present. Maybe you need to learn some manners yourself. You think it is okay to treat others with disrespect but what about how you treat others.

#220094

This guy... CAVEMAN JOKE IS PRETTY LAME.

anonymous... I don't think immediately the manager should have suggested you to leave. But, I get her point. It doesn't make her a caveman to demand respect not just for her and the staff but for the other customers that were shopping with their families.

Would anonymous want a pissed off customer swearing in front of their kids or mom. No matter who it was directed too. I know they were clearly pissed to stand in there for 3 hours waiting. You should have been calling security first and reporting a stolen car.

That's ridicules. Why did you even wait that long.

This G

ME SPEAK IN BIG LETTERS LIKE CAVEMAN TOO. YOU SWEARDED IN FRONTED OF PEOPLED WHICH BE WRONGED.

THERE BE WAYS TO SAY HOW YOU MAD WITHOUT SWEARDED. ME THINK YOU CUSSED SOMEONE OUT AND WERE ACTING LIKE CHILD AND DESERVED TO BE GOED.

View more comments (4)
Review
#209264 Review #209264 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Manager
I went to best buy in Woodbridge on prince william parkway to return a game that did not work to my computer a manager by the name of brian presgrave had the worst attitude i had ever seen employees that act like this to customers should be immediately fired he not...
#20241

I LOL for about 5 minutes......

you buy a PC and ur pc can't play it? and that's their fault how??

learn to UNDERSTAND and yes like the other person said...

MAKE CLEAR SENTENCES, in addition, you may also want to look for a new lawyer....

View more comments
Best Buy Manager
I went to the local Best Buy to return a Ipod Touch (un-opened) that was doubled up on for a gift. I bought it just before Christmas, and the return policy was on a extended program (10 days extra), which ran out on Januray 31,2008. I arrived at the store at 10 a.m....

You failed to return on time your fault.

View more comments