Appliance repaired 4 times and not exchanged as per policy | Best Buy review from Sterling, Virginia

Refrigerator had broken at least 4 times and every time we had called the geek squat and they have sent a repair company to deal with the issue, I was told that after 3 repairs they will have to exchange the refrigerator. After this happen (already 4 times a technician has come and look for problems) they still did not wanted to to exchange the refrigerator claiming that some of those calls were too close together and linked to the same repair. how would I not called twice in the same month if the person they sent did not fixed my problem. So that means that if I called every week for a appliance that does not work, all the repairs will be linked together and I would have to stick with something that does not work and what is the warranty for then? Also, because someone in my household called one time they almost do not consider that call linked to the same appliance. Definitively am systemic problem from their side unless they just want to keep it that way so customers that do not recollect who call/ date of service will not be able to complaint. Plus all the food that we had to waste due to this issue was not even acknowledge by the people that they tell you was going to try to resolve that problem. It is sad that best buy is not taking care of their customers, I always buy the extended warranty and this is the first time I had to call for a product repair, after this experience I will take my business to other stores that have a better warranty/ repair policies.

Learn how to spell first

Service call | Best Buy review from Richmond, Virginia

Whirlpool was suppose to come out today between 1-5pm not only did they not come they canceled the appt didn't tell me until I called at 4:07 pm, and it was because the service man didn't show up for work. Where the *** they do that at. Now they said I have to wait until next Thursday. I am completely out done with whirlpool and best buy. And yes best buy gave me a borrower yes they did, but when I went to best buy to get my refrigerator and now that whirlpool dropped the ball best buy still wants me to wait on the poor poor inconsiderate customer service of whirlpool. Do yourself a favor do not ever purchase from best buy or a whirlpool product unless you like spending hours on the phone and waiting around for people to show that don't show.

Sounds like you have more of a problem with Whirlpool.

Busted refrigerator | Best Buy review from Richmond, Virginia

I purchased a refrigerator from best buy on 9/20/2013 I have had 3 separate service issues in that short time. This last service issue the fridge went completely bad and spoiled all the food in my house. I had just went grocery shopping and spent 150.00 on food (today is a Tuesday ) they want me to wait until Thursday . I have kids and don't have food for school in the morning, and the best they offer me is a messily $75.00 gift card, ARE YOU KIDDING me!!!!!!!!! Best buy past the buck and whirlpool is a company that uses cheap parts. I only know that now because of this horrible experience. And I mean horrible. Whirlpool told me "go to rent a center and get a fridge we will reimburse you" who says that. It's 8:10pm eastern standard time at night and now I have to figure this non scene out. Never ever again. NEVER!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think feeding your kids is Best Buy's responsibility? Best Buy sells the product but it's Whirlpool's responsibility to get your product repaired.

Be thankful they offered you $75 for food and quit being so ungrateful. If you bought your fridge in Sept.

it should still be under the one year warranty. They owe you a running fridge, not food on the table.

where do these people get the name WORST BUY FROM. Maybe all the horror stories posted about this company and the lack of customer care.

Yeah... this is not Best Buy's fault.

Review

Bad return policy ...not about customer satisfaction | Best Buy review from Winchester, Virginia

Won't ever be going to or doing business with them again. Return Policy allowed is only 15 days....with absolutely no exceptions. That is even if in unopened package. With such a short return policy they should be upfront when customer is paying.. Only if you spend $1000s of dollars with them can you get a 60 day return on an item..So much for caring about the customer. Purchased with a Best Buy Reward Card, but only "Silver" Reward Card members are entitled to the 60 day return policy. Wonder how many more rules are attached to that?

I think we have everyone beat on this one as far as really bad policy at Best Buy. We had to return several tv's purchased (all the same one) all well within the time period acceptable to Best Buy.

Get this ... We were doing all kinds of research as to why we kept receiving dead pixel tv's (in one case a cracked case), and lousy quality. Answer we found, "end run" products. So we finally had to say no, no more, we're interested in looking at an entirely different model to avoid any further complications.

Nope, they told us flat out that ANYTHING we buy from them in the future will be as a "no return" item, regardless of what it is (tv, frig, oven, ANYTHING). :x WHAT???!!! :eek I could NOT believe what we were hearing from them. :?

This isn't just "bad" policy, it's the worst I've ever experienced anywhere. Guess where we will never set foot in again ...

Nor our friends and family who found this to be about the worst they ever heard. Guess they expect people to just be complacent with bad products.

Sarahmarie

Another person who thinks they have a right to return an item they bought. Guess what they don't even have to take the item back.

There's NO law requiring it. However to be customer oriented they choose to do so, they publish the terms in multiple places, including on the receipt but then you complain how unfair life is.

Sorry but they've had to institute the short period to deal with show-rooming by people.

I agree as a consumer you should know the policy, but these companies and there CEOS make millions in profit each year and a 15 day return policy is just ridiculous. These companies don't give two *** about customer satisfaction.

I tried to return a $30.00 wireless USB unopened 20 days after purchase and they would not let me return it. Over the years I have spent thousands of dollars at best buy , but no more.

I'm not giving corporate America any more of my money if they want to have such *** policies. SCREW BEST BUY!!!

@Bestbuy***ks

so you wanted to return something after the return time was up? basically you ignored the return policy. i hope you realize all the companies that have 15 day return policies so you can stop shopping there to!

Target, Wal-Mart, Sears, and Radio Shack have the same 15 day return period on electronics. So, be sure to boycott them too.

2 weeks is plenty of time to decide if you want to keep a purchase and no, you are not some precious princess that the rules don't apply to. If it's 15 days for someone else, it's 15 days for you too.

Sara L

So, another case of the company being responsible for making sure you know what the policies are? Sorry, no. I dislike Best Buy and refuse to shop there, and I also agree that the 15 day return policy is kind of ridiculous, however, they have a right to set whatever policy they want, and it is YOUR responsibility as a consumer to understand the policies when you purchase from a retailer.

View more comments (5)

BEST BUY WORST ELECTRONIC STORE IN AMERICA

BEST BUY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE IGNORANT, UNPROFESSIONAL AND DONT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE, COURTEOUS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS THAT A TRAINED CHIMPANZEE WOULD HAVE. IN ALEXANDRIA VA. I WAS PURCHASING A LAPTOP, MY GOAL WAS TO INQUIRE AS TO WHETHER THE LAPTOP I DESIRED WAS COMPATIBLE TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 7 ON. I WAS INGNORED BY SEVERAL STORE EMPLOYEES, WHEN I ASKED FOR HELP AND WHAT I NEEDED I WAS REFERRED TO DIFFERNT STORE ASSOCIATES THAT HAD THE BRAIN OF A HAMSTER. THE MANAGER WAS NO BETTER HE COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH AND I DOUBT HE EVEN HAD WORKING PAPERS. WHEN I COMPLAINED TO THAT SO CALLED MANAGER, I WAS BERATED AND INSULTED AND TOLD THAT MY EXPECTATION OF NORMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NEED FOR QUESTIONS ANSWERED WAS UNREASONABLE. MY BOYFRIEND AND MYSELF WERE LIVID, WE CALLED THE 800 NUMBER AND FILED A COMPLAINT, I SUSPECT NOTHING HAPPENED WITH OUR COMPLAINT. I HAVE THE PROPHECY AND FUTURE FOR BEST BUY: ONE THAT INCLUDES STORES BEING SHUT DOWN AND BANKRUPTCY BECAUSE OF NO SALES. PEOPLE DO NOT APPRECIATE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF CONCERN FROM MANAGEMENT WHEN CUSTOMERS COMPLAIN. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALLOWED TO TREAT CUSTOMERS THAT WAY IN THE STORES BECAUSE THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY IN THE AREA OF MANAGEMENT AT THE CORPORATE LEVEL. WHEN BEST BUY REALIZE CUSTOMERS HAVE CHOICES WHERE WE SPEND OUR MONEY, AND THAT WITHOUT CUSTOMERS THERE IS NO BEST BUY THEN THE ATTITUDE WOULD BE CUSTOMER ORIENTED. UNTIL A CATASTROPHIC DECLINE IN SALES HIT BEST BUY THEY WILL CONTINUE THEIR BAD BEHAVIOR AND HORRIBLE TREATMENT OF CUSTOMERS. ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME UNTIL BEST BUY GOES UNDER, AND WHEN IT HAPPENS. MOST CUSTOMERS IN THE KNOW, WILL NOT MISS BEST BUY. IT WILL BE SO LONG, AND ITS ABOUT TIME.

1. Holy caps lock.

2. I have a feeling your one of those people that stands in a department for 2 minutes then gets pissed that the associates are helping someone else.

3. Best Buy is a legitimate company, they wouldn't hire someone who was an illegal, although, that is some really worldly thinking there.

4. Your complaint was probably illegitimate, and you probably SCREAMED THE WHOLE TIME YOU WERE ON THE PHONE COMPLAINING, WHICH MAKES NO ONE WANT TO LISTEN.

Mike_mn

Ok. I didn't even read your obnoxiously LOUD and difficult to read UPPERCASE message.

Is this how you deal with issues.... TALKING... VERY... LOUDLY...

AND...

POSSIBLY... SLOWLY....

Lol....go to Walmart. I'm sure they're much smarter...Lol.

Probably get the butcher out from the back to come help you pick out a computer. You're probably just computer illiterate and that's why no one knew what you were talking about.

Lol cry baby

Patrick

oh shut up. you were probably the one with the problems if you can't even figure out how to turn your caps lock key off.

View more comments (4)
Service
Best Buy Sales Manager
My fiance bought himself, his mother, and me each a laptop from Best Buy. In less than 6 months the screen stopped working on one of them. Toshiba said it was not under warranty. I took it to Best Buy and as soon as I walked in the door I asked for a manager and...

Best Buy offers warranties for a reason. After 30 days it's no longer their problem and you would need to go through the manufacturer.

I don't see how you are complaining. You're the one that didn't get Geek Squad Protection on it to protect it from things like this. You would have been told the same thing at Staples. Retailers offer warranties for this exact purpose.

Maybe you should get one next time. Best Buy is not at fault.

View more comments

Best Buy Suck

Best Buy is not a good retail store and I would strongly suggest going somewhere else for you entertainment needs. There sales people will promise you one thing and the management will not support what is told to you. In addition the management is rude, and don't care after a sell is made. IN addition their refund policies suck and you are so much better off going to a local outfit that give a *** about their customers and those that they server. If you are in the Charlottesville, VA area I strongly suggest going to Chutchfield which is much better
Patrick

so.. you complain but have no actual reasons for it? okay then.

To the commentor with the cellphone problem I would recommend taking action. IF YOU HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE OF THE INSURANCE notify the Texas Attorney General's Office and obtain the phone number/address of their consumer protection division to find out the procedure to file a complaint.

You should be able to get the insurance refunded to you.

Also you would have a valid complaint if you can prove that you returned or tried to return the phone during the 30 day period. I advise that if you are offered a store credit it would be prudent to reject it and only accept monetary replacement.

Richard

I agree completely. After having my iPhone 4Gs stolen, and not having insurance, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy SIII from Best Buy on Hwy 6 & FM 529, in Houston, TX.

At the time of purchase I asked for insurance and extended protection plan and though I had spent the extra money to purchase it.

Just over a month later, (they have a 30 day return policy) I went back to have some issues addressed, and was told that I didn't have either. Of course I complained which fell on death ears and now I'm stuck with this piece of junk and no recourse except things like this.

Did they do anything wrong? Not legally, but that doesn't make it right.

Was the sales lady disciplined? Not that I know of and she still works there doing the same thing.

Does Best Buy care about satisfied customers and offer decent customer service? Not in my strongest opinion.

Would I have made my purchase if I knew what I have learned and read since?

I hear the Best Buy Corporation is having problems and may file bankruptcy. I certainly hope that's true.

MORE PEOPLE SHOULD USE THESE WEB SITES. THEY'RE THE ONLY WEAPON WE HAVE TO FIGHT BACK WITH!!!

AVOID BEST BUY

Tried calling Best Buy's corporate office to file a complaint regarding their lousy customer service through their 800 number. Found out quickly that the old adage is true. "A fish rots from the head down". The corporate office was entirely unhelpful. If you find yourself in a bad way with Best Buy - try calling the Dept. Of Consumer Affairs in your city or if need to call The Attorney General's office. Best buy DOES NOT specialize in customer service - so beware. Their goal is to make the sale and the public be damned. And you can take that to the bank
Mike_mn

Dept. Of Consumer Affairs in your city or if need to call The Attorney General's office means absolutely nothing to BB.

All retailers allocate monies for this - it's in the cost of doing business mentality.

I've suggested to start a new customer retention dept to help resolve these poor experiences. The bottom line is that it's cheaper to just deal with them - for the short term. Long term is more damaging.

Poor customer service

Richard

DON'T BUY AT BEST BUY!!!

Best Buy has earned their reputation for "Poor Customer Service", so now let them live with it!!!

Let's do our part to help them & tell everyone how poor their service is.

POOR SERVICE = BAD PRODUCTS

If the corporations that let them market their products had and integrity they would pull their product from their shelves.

Best Buy Customer Service Is a Joke

The headding gives you some choices for review type. Somehow I am Pissed just doesn't capture how I really feel about Best Buy. I urge anyone who reads this review to buy from someone else, anyone else. Best Buy is going under and they deserve to, please read on. On 11/26 I purchased an HP printer. I found the model I wanted and asked one of the associates for a price. The sales associate told me they were $149.99 for Black Friday but were now $200.00. I decided to buy it anyway since we needed a new printer. When I got home I looked it up on HP's website to make sure it would work with my wifes Ipad and discovered that the price was $149.99 on HP's site. Was I pissed or what? Best Buy had cheesed me. I picked up the unopened printer and my receipt and returned to the store. I mentioned to the manager that I was dissapointed and felt that the sales associate had mis-represented the price. The young lady immediately took great umbrage at me for "calling her boy a liar". Needless to say I was now somewhere between simmer and boil when she continued with " you just don't understand how business works". Talk about throwing gasoline on a fire, this kid is no more a manager than the Iatolla is Santa Clause. I asked for, and received a refund as I don't do business with dishonest companies. Anyone who reads this can easily conclude how I felt as I left the store. Over the years my wife and I have spent many thousands of dollars at Best Buy but they will never get another dime from us. I guess they just don't care, they are headded for chapter 11 and they seem to like it that way cause they sure treat their customers poorly. We are shopping for a flat screen TV and a new washer, dryer, and refridgerator for Christmas. Can you guess where we won't be buying any of those? Sorry Best Buy but you had your chance and you blew it.

In all honesty Best Buy has 2 different pricing structures, one for online and one for instores. Quirky but true. BTW, I am not a fan of Best Buy and do not shop there.

Product
Best Buy Website

Best Buy fail

I am so done with this company. I have been trying to get my computer competently repaired for well over a month. It's under warranty. I took it inane told them it was blue screening, I told them I believed firmly it was a hardware issue (more specifically the graphics card). They said it was software and a reformat would fix it. I reformat, install drivers, update bios, etc etc..., still blue screening. Now, they say, it's blue screening because I reformatted it?! We order the install disks, they install... Get home and it blue screens up booting up. Take it back, they claim it's just dusty. They blow out the dust and send it back, it's still blue screened. I take it back, I tell them it's the hardware. Now, it's being shipped out for repair. Also, I ordered a TV online. Call to cancel after an hour as I meant to get the LED and not LCD. They say it will take 2 weeks to get the money back into my account. This is absurd, but fine, whatever... I cancel. I order the other TV. Get an email today that the LCD TV has been shipped?! Now have 2 flat screens enroute to my house. I was on the phone with them a half an hour cancelling that order. I hate Best Buy. That is my last purchase from them ever.
Review
#362033 Review #362033 is a subjective opinion of poster.