Verified Reviewer

My name is Esther Fierro and i purchased a Brand new washer and dryer on 11/4/2021 and was scheduled for delivery on Monday Nov.8th.. the delivery came your servicemen/installers which i know are not Bestbuy employees brought me a dryer with paint off of the front and dented and a washing machine that sounds like a freight train..

The installer started the washer and when i saw the dryer i seen the big section of paint off with a dent and said No this is unacceptable..Javier Solis was the installer and he told me to call BestBuy and they will take 200 dollars off.. I said absolutely NOT!!! i want what i paid for..a brand new dryer.. then he scurries out of my garage and the washer which he started and filled sounding so loud and was screeching that my neighbor came over and said i can hear your new washer in my house..

so embarrassing.. i immediately called the cell phone that had called me for deliver and said ..Hey them guys need to get back here something is very wrong with this washer...well it was Javier himself and he was only down the street.. He said No call the 1-800 number and i searched all my paperwork and no 1-800 number ..i called him twice right after and he would not answer so i texted him asking if he would give me the number .. no response..i had to be at work i had to take time off to try to call BestBuy to resolve this..

since i was calling international the people were helpful(Nikko and John) but it was better if i got to the store of purchase in El Cajon CA.. since i was at work my husband went down there and the person at appliances said nothing could be done for 24 hours .... so today im taking time to be there today at 10am as soon as they opened to resolve this.. I go directly to appliances and the assistant(Victoria) there was busy with another customer that was also purchasing a large item..so i wait and a see a young man and ask him can he send a manager over..

he gets on his radio and asks for manager assistance in appliances... no manager shows but luckily Victoria was done and gave us 100% customer service.. i took pictures and videos of my Freight train sounding washer and dented paint off dryer..and showed them to her.. i am happy that Victoria made it possible that they are replacing my washer and dryer this friday nov.12th..i was in your store 50 mins..

not once did any manager come to appliances to see what they were called for...on my way out i saw the manager Kanm..was his name i introduced myself and told him that i called for a manager in appliances and no one ever came and hes just standing there laughing and doing nothing.. i explained to him that i had a major appliance problem from delivery to trying to get this resolved and how i asked for help from a manager because i did not want to interrupt Victoria while she was doing a purchase for a customer..he just stood there like he didnt have a care in the world..he said did it get handled?? i said yes thanks to Victoria...he stopped smiling when i said just want you to know that i am calling corporate because as a manager this is unacceptable..My whole experience this time around has been totally unacceptable from your contracted installers to your managers at your store.. Best Buy needs to take some control over these types of situations..because i know i aint alone..I have purchased 2 MAC computers, a nice Samsung Refrigerator and other small kitchen gadgets like mixers and coffee makers with no problems, i enjoy walking into to a large variety of selections in your stores...but this time my purchase was a nightmare from installers,incapable manager, to me having to take time off to get this resolved remember it wasnt just one bad appliance it was both..i think this whole situation is wrong and Corporate should be aware of whats happening with their stores and service..unsure where the shortcuts are and for what reason but i am a small customer in your large bucket ..

i just hope that my input could make a difference to be a High Priority detailed investigation.. Sincerely Esther Fierro..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Cons: Long hold times on phone, Lousy service.

Location: Lemon Grove, California