Without notice, they just cancelled my Best Buy credit card (without my knowledge), even though I have never made a late payment AND I have very good credit. I called customer service and i was transferred to a call center in India.

They claim the account was closed due to inactivity, and they WILL NOT reinstate it. I called again and spoke withy a supervisor who said I would have to reapply AND allow them to run ANOTHER credit check. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! This has an negative impact on all credit reports!

Now its BLACK FRIDAY weekend, and I can't shop with my credit card. Best Buy and Citi are the WORST! I will never shop there again. I'll take all my future business to their competitors.

BEWARE OF THEIR CREDIT CARD PRACTICES.... DON'T APPLY FOR A BEST BUY CARD!!!!

Review about: Best Buy Credit Card.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Customer service is horrible.

Comments

MattD78

1) The Best Buy credit card is handled by Capitol One. Capitol One is the company who has the money you borrowed, controls the interest, fees and account closures.

So right away your complaint should be with Capitol One not Best Buy since Best Buy has nothing to do with the account.

2) In the credit agreement YOU signed it states "At any time, for any reason, we may take any of these actions subject to applicable law: a) close your Account; b) suspend your credit privileges; c) reduce your credit limit.

If we close your Account: • Interest Charges and fees will continue to accrue until your balance is paid in full; and • you agree to return or destroy your Card(s)."

So Capitol One told you they can close your account at any time for any reason and you signed a paper saying OK. And now that they have closed your account you are complaining.