Verified Reviewer

1.1

I contacted best buy about a computer monitor. They had a Dell 27 inch on sale for $100 off with next day shipping time.

I chatted with the online representative and she confirmed that it had speakers and everything that I needed. They had an open box for $124 that she said was complete and had the full warranty.

The product did not arrive the next day as promised. When it did, the monitor was not secured. There was not a stand and none of the cords were included.

There was no invoice or instruction manual.

I contacted online and was told they could get me another one in a couple of days, but I would have to go to the store to return it.

I asked if they could upgrade the order and let me pick it up at the store. They said no.

I went to the store and asked to speak with the manager and was told there was not one in. I explained the problem, and they said they would give me a different monitor without a speaker for $50.00 more. Then they said they had models with speakers, but they were over $200.

I told them the monitor I purchased was $239 regularly and asked if they could adjust the price on another monitor.

They said no.

I contacted online customer service again and asked for a supervisor, and they said they didn't think one was available. The young lady I talked with was at least personable and checked several monitors to see if we could get something else, but she would have to check with a supervisor to see if they could do anything to compensate me for all the problems.

She was not able to find a monitor in stock in the price range, or if they would give me the discount from the first monitor on a better one.

She was very helpful, but did not accomplish anything.

She did say she would report that the sales associate gave wrong information about the product I was buying and their representation that open box models are complete and have a full warranty.

She was very helpful, but did not accomplish anything.

User's recommendation: I do not recommend Best Buy at all. I have not had success with anything I have purchased from them and their customer service is terrible.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Pros: Nearby.

Best Buy Cons: Customer service was lacking.

Location: 360 North Station Parkway, Farmington, UT 84025

Comments

#2026942

So you learned a lesson.. Don't buy from them again.. Problem solved

Best Buy Reviews