I purchased a Mitsubishi - Diamond 65" 1080p DLP HD model WD-65833 in late December, along with a stand and full home theater installation. The unit was delivered and installed the week of January 7. On February 13, the TV stopped working completely (it will not power on). I called Best Buy service that day, and on Monday, February 18 the first service call was made to my home. The technician looked at the TV for 10 minutes, verified that it would not power on, and indicated I would hear from someone in the service department in 2/3 days regarding a follow up appointment to install the necessary parts. 4 days later I called to get an update and was told the parts were on back order and would arrive in mid-March. I asked if I could have the TV replaced and was initially told that because the TV was delivered 7 days past the 30 day window, they would not replace it. After talking to the store manager in Novi (Tim), he agreed to replace it, but after a couple of days trying to find a replacement indicated none were in stock and that he would keep trying. Last week, I was called by service and told the part was in early, and I set up another appointment (2nd day off work) and the technician arrived on Monday, March 3 to repair the TV, only after removing the back of the unit and the main board, said he had the wrong part and they would have to re-order the right one. I again talked to Tim that same day, and he indicated he had a line on a new 73" model and that if I'd pay the difference, he could replace my current TV with that. He promised to confirm this and get back to me in 20 minutes. That was around noon Monday, and as of today, Thursday, March 6, he has not returned that phone call even after daily calls and messages left to him. Also, this morning, after I called service to get any update, was told the right part was now on order and was expected April 1.

I think any reasonable person would agree that this is very bad customer service. I've been almost a month without a working TV after having it for just over a month, and am looking at almost another month for the next service call and after the first 2 have no faith that it will get fixed then.

Review about: Best Buy Installation.

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Comments

Same as all the above.Best Buy is NOT a Best Buy.

They will *** you around and around.BUY ELSE WHERE

Moran, Wyoming, United States #11923

Finally our nightmare has ended...at least we hope so......Returned the original tv to BestBuy.....received full credit....had a coupon for 10% off of another tv that we were going to purchase.....and brought the new tv home.I then mailed all the documentation to BestBuy corporate headquarters.....and did get a quick response....and a gift card for $200.

It is unfortunate that these things have to happen...It took me over 1 month to get some sort of resolve to the matter...and a LOT of documentation....but it is over now....and I felt obligated to inform everyone that it has been settled...I am still nervous about making any more purchases...from them....It is just too much aggravation to go thru...Have a good day...and good luck.

werte
Sammamish, Washington, United States #11126

ya a friend of mine has been trying to get the to fix a fridge for a year. My microwave caught fire. Your " best" bet is too avoid this store

New Town, North Dakota, United States #6752

I am having the same problems going on two weeks now....I have called Best Buy 7 times since March 18th.I purchased their PSP warrantee, never again.

Each call same story, we are researching. Finally get to the point of speaking to one of their Mgmt. group, who takes the serial # and tells me it will still be another 24 to 48 hours for them to get back to me with an authorization # to exchange the tv. Well the 48 hours is up right now, so I guess I will spend yet one more afternoon on the phone.

Oh and yes I have documented everything too.Well have a nice day anyhow....

Sauquoit, New York, United States #5635

Good Luck!I have been trying to get my Phillips television fixed since last September....still no luck.

They are supposed to fix it this friday, almost 6 monthes later....we will see.I would recommend to you document everything and get a lawyer that's my next step.