Winchester, Virginia

My fiance bought himself, his mother, and me each a laptop from Best Buy. In less than 6 months the screen stopped working on one of them.

Toshiba said it was not under warranty. I took it to Best Buy and as soon as I walked in the door I asked for a manager and explained the situation to him. He passed me off to the Geek Squad without going with me to explain the situation to that person and did not follow up with me while I was talking to the Geek Squad person. I was told again that it was not under warrenty.

I told the Geek Squad person that I can purchase a screen online for less than $100 and that I can not believe for such a small price they are going to have 3 people with a bad taste in their mouth for Best Buy. It did not matter to them that 3 laptops were purchased at the same time from that store.

Then when I called customer service I was told they do not give out the district manager contact information.

Comments

Best Buy offers warranties for a reason. After 30 days it's no longer their problem and you would need to go through the manufacturer.

I don't see how you are complaining. You're the one that didn't get Geek Squad Protection on it to protect it from things like this. You would have been told the same thing at Staples. Retailers offer warranties for this exact purpose.

Maybe you should get one next time. Best Buy is not at fault.

SOME EMAIL THAT MAY WORK NOT THAT ANYONE AT bb CARES BUT YOU CAN TRY