PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY AN APPLIANCE FROM BEST BUY

Unfortunately I made the mistake of purchasing a 65 inch Samsung TV from Best Buy last July. At the same time I also purchased a two year extended warranty.

About 3 months ago the picture would go black then come back on again and then go black. In addition to going black, it also was very fuzzy and the picture had lost its sharpness.

I started out by calling Best Buy in Mission Viejo since the set was under the 1st year factory warranty. Unfortunately Best Buy believe it or not has only one phone line into their store. The average wait time when you call the store for anything to talk to a human is approximately 20 minutes.

When I finally reached a live person they told me I had to contact the Geek Squad to take care of my problem. When I finally reach the Geek Squad they told me I had to contact Samsung. I then called Samsung and had wait again to speak to a human. When I finally spoke to someone they told me that I would have to contact the Samsung service company to have them come and look at my TV.

I contacted their service company (Service Quick) and made an appointment on 4/16/19

**** came here several times and proved to me it was the TV not their service and their people were great. I have nothing but good things to say about the **** technicians.

Samsung service men did finally come here. The bottom line they claim that it’s **** causing the problem not the TV. They said they couldn’t do anything but they took videos of the TV and they said they would send it to the Samsung engineers and they would get back to me and 2 to 7 days to tell me whether there was a problem with the TV or not.

Three months gone by, never heard from them

Bottom line The Geek Squad. Has been here 6 times. Three times because the TV will not connect to the WiFi system and three times because the picture goes black. Even with the 2 year extended warranty, with 6 visits by the Geek Squad they will not replace the TV.

They have replaced the Mother Board twice. Replaced the cable. Replaced the chip and have downloaded the latest Samsung software.

Geek Squad Visits 4/23/19 Replace cable

4/27/19 Replace Mother Board

5/04/19 New Chip

5/17/19 Another new Mother Board

6/19/19 Download new Samsung Software

7/1/19 7/1/19 This visit again for the 3rd time confirmed I could not connect to Wi Fi Unless the TV was rebooted.

Last Friday I went to the store and spoke to the Back Office Leader (manager) He would not give me his last name. I demanded a new TV.

He said to me in order to replace it (Ca. Lemon Law) they had to come to service the same issue 3 times. He claimed I had only 2 visits to correct the Wi Fi issue. I scheduled another visit for yesterday.

They came yesterday and played with the software for over an hour before I asked the technician to leave. They have done this several times already. When I called the store today I spoke to Blaine. He told me that he would not replace the TV because I didn’t let his man finish playing with my TV to complete the 3rd visit on the same issue.

Not what he told me on Friday BEST BUY’S POLICY ON SERVICE Bottom line: Buy all your appliances from Costco, you will never have a problem with them replacing anything At Best Buy If you purchase an extended warranty from them they will never replace your item. They will just keep coming back and try different approaches not to replace the appliance If you don’t buy an extended warranty from them, the factory 1 year warranty only will pay for parts.

Each time the Geek Squad comes to your home they will charge you $100 minimum for the visit. If you need parts there are free, but they will charge you labor fees to install them in addition to the $100 minimum.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: REPLACE DEFECT TV.

Comments