Reading, Pennsylvania

I purchased a Blackberry in mid-December at the store in Wyomissing Pennsylvania. The selling point of the Blackberry over any other smart phone was the fact that Best Buy offered a replacement warranty, not a service warranty.

They did not offer you a refurbished phone, should the one you have become unusable. Instead, they pulled one off of the shelf and gave it to you, right there in-store. Now, not six months later, I've been told by Best Buy that the warranty never existed.

1-888-Best-Buy hung up on me when I questioned them, and the manager in store wouldn't give me the time of day. I'm more than done with Best Buy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Manager.

Comments

IHateStupidCustomers

this guy doesn't make much sense. he's from the same area as me. he probably lives in the ghetto part of Reading.

:cry me a river

I have protection plans for most of my products (i.e my cell phone, blu ray player, computer and more) and I have used it when something went wrong. I haven't had any issues with their customer service or with the plan itself.

It's not hard to get help, they are clear about what is going to happen, and usually I results faster then they quote. I haven't spent a penny more the the initial protection plan purchase. But then again, I asked questions and researched the plans and made sure I knew what I was getting.

And I also didn't throw a little toddler hissy fit if something didn't seem right. most of these complaints are pointless, and are mostly issues caused by the customer, not best buy.

If you're thinking of getting the Best Buy Product Exchange Plan - STOP. It's a scam.

Best Buy will use any excuse to reject your claim. And at the end of it, you'll have spent as much on the plan as you would have to simply replace the product yourself. Arggggg.

And save yourself some time - don't bother with Best Buy's Customer Service help. that is time spent you will NEVER get back!

Alyssa....I work at a Best Buy and wished I could have shooed customers like you away. You neglected to say in your beratement that you continued to argue with the manager over and over.

Never really hearing that they could not alter the plan procedures and how it worked. Some people think if they stand there and argue long enough they will get their way. Not true. What happens is you look like an *** and you get shooed out of the store.

Im sure you were given the corporate number to call to further your complaint. Why stand there and continue to argue??

Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time. I'm not just sticking up for Best Buy because I work there because it sucks telling a customer something they don't want to hear, but we have to abide by the policies that are put in place upon change.

You can't expect the manager to risk their job to give out "$600 phones." Not to mention, You probably payed $200 for the phone yourself so please don't mislead others by making it seem as though you paid the retail value for it.

Furthermore, if we're handing out $600 phones (WHICH IS THE STORES VALUE OF THE PHONE THAT WE ACTUALLY LOSE) to every customer who came in griping about the change in the protection plan it'd cause a remarkable deficit. You think you're the only one with a phone problem? Furthermore, what more could the manager do, while simultaneously following required procedure, than tell you to call the number? You obviously have a problem with the policy, do you think he made that part up?

You should very well be directed out of the store and to those who can possibly make accommodations for you. Why cause a scene when he's just doing his job?

There is a chain of command. Call who you can and get a refund but don't take it out on the people who are getting paid by the hour.

I guess Best Buy Canada warranty is better then the state. They offer Product Exchange Plan, also 10 bucks a month.

I purchase my blackberry on Sept 09, Track ball stop working on may 2010. They replace me with a new phone on the same day. I picked out the 9700 Blackberry as a replacement, guess what the speaker was crackling due to me dropping like over 100 times. Blackberry is tough but they couldn't prove i physically damage the products.

They tested the speaker and BAM it was approve right away. This time I picked the white IPhone 4 that was a month ago. Still 1 year and a bit left on the warranty. I am hoping this one break too.

Other then the product exchange plan warranty for mobile phone. The rest of best buy warranty sucks.

Best Buy has the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with!! I bought a $600 Evo cell phone there a year ago and (STUPIDLY) agreed to their Geek Squad Black Tie Protection for $10/month, being promised that absolutely any problem you have - even if its your own fault, as long as you can bring us the phone (i.e.

not lost or stolen), we will immediately replace it. I brought it in because the phone kept randomly shutting down and repowering for no reason when the battery was fully charged. They told me if I wanted it immediately replaced (which I have been paying for this service for over a year) that all they have available is a downgrade to the Evo Shift. No, I dont want that.

Well, then it has to be "repaired." They sent my phone out for repair for 2-5 WEEKS and as part of the $10/month that is also supposed to include a loaner phone. What they don't tell you is that the loaner phone is a 1995 flip phone! So you're supposed to give up a $600 cell phone for a month (and still pay your cell carrier the full data charge etc.) and get this when it was originally sold to me to be an IMMEDIATE REPLACEMENT? Not only did it take almost 2 hours of paperwork dropping the phone off and 2 hours picking it up when it had been "repaired," but my phone wasn't even fixed!!!

The same problem was still happening. I asked to speak with a store manager and all he offered to do was exactly what had originally been offered - exchange for a downgraded phone or send it in for repair for 2-5 weeks and hope they get it right this time! He said it would take FOUR QUALIFYING REPAIRS (FOUR times sending your phone in for 2-5 weeks per time with each time the phone being sent back to you, the issue not resolved before you would actually get a new phone). Do you believe this *** So, obviously, I was not satisfied with those results and continue to tell him how upset I am of this service and in the middle of speaking to me (this is a manager) he says, "Ok, this is enough at the store.

If you want to talk any further, you'll have to call our 1-800 number," and shoo'd me out of the store. Absolutely appalling. I hope he gets fired because that is the absolute worst customer service.

Also, I told the store manager (above him) about this and all she did was say sorry, but there was nothing she could do. Please don't buy anything at overpriced Best Buy and DEFINITELY do not buy their service contracts!

Let me guess, you didn't actually read the warranty, did you?