Computer Nightmare | Best Buy review from Round Rock, Texas

Bought a computer in dec2012. It was a open boxxed item. Had issue with it and the geek squad walked me through a 1. Virus scan (no help) 2. Reset (no help) and 3. Wipe and reload (no help). Finally being a intermittent problem I took it back to the store. I realized they walked me right through the return for exchange time. I told them since I have the extended warranty they need to swap it out for the same thing. They said no... They had to send off. I even offered to buy a extended warranty on the swapped out computer. Again no.... So I noticed when doing the paper work to send off that you agree to allow them to put used parts in your machine and that if they can't get it to duplicate a intermittent problem you have to pay for the diagnostics of the computer too... Going to get my stuff from Walmart from now on... If I am going to get *** service I may as well save a few bucks...

I've bought their extended warranty before and it clearly states it's not a direct swap. First they see if it's fixable.

If it isn't, then they replace it with a new one. You just didn't read how it works.

Complaining to the Corporate Office is like urinating against the wind. Going to the Better Business Bureau will also get you nowhere.

A guy named JohnT who used to post on this website recommends a written complaint to your state's consumer protection division.

Best Buy employees that post here to diss the people who complain will tell you that going that route is a waste of time. DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Jim G

You need to write an intelligent letter of complaint to the corporate office and include the names of agencies you plan to write if they don't make good. Visit www.ivebeenrippedoff.blogspot.com the book sold there not only tells you where to write but has sample letters that work.

View more comments (2)
Loss
Tags
  • bdavis

Incompetent employees and cashiers | Best Buy review from Round Rock, Texas

Cashier walked out of the store and left a line waiting for 20 minutes for a cashier. Once a cashier did arrive the cashier did not know the correct answer on if xbox games were buy two get one free. His explanation was that it was whatever the computer says. We asked one of the associates on the floor and he stated that it was buy two get one off on any game $30 and up. The advertisement stated the same thing. The cashier says it's either a connect game or whatever the computer says. Three stories. After all that we left our $500 purchase there and walked out.

I'm sorry, but when I was a cashier and the person who was coming in for the closing shift didn't show up when my shift ended, I left. It is up to management to make sure there is coverage and I'm not going to stay later because some *** teenager decides to not show up for work.

first of all it is kinect games not connect. Second of all the cashier wouldnt have left a line for 20 minutes, there would have been someone called up.

third, heres a situation, your a cashier and come into work and see there is a big line so you punch in and head up. you dont stop and decide to read the ad.

you go and help the customers that were waiting. the guy told you it was buy 2 get one free.

Then put in an application and show them how to be a know-it-all like you. I bet you'd be the bestest cashier ever!

View more comments (2)
Service
Best Buy Cashier

The good and the bad | Best Buy review from Round Rock, Texas

I hate just as much when things get Misrepresented. I deal with those type of issues alot. I am an employee of Best Buy. I have seen great things with our plans and I have seen others things that I didn't always agree with but know that there are processes that go with it. I truly think they are a great service to our clients. I wish all of our employees were just as great but that's not always the case. I apologize on behalf of shotty employees and bad experiences. I try to always think of the best interest of my clients and do what I can to accommodate them, within my ability that is. I have not seen phones being exchanged by technology only. Our exchanges were on price point and luckily now, our phones are phasing out of the month long insanity and is going to rapid exchange. I've seen some phones take 4 days and others come next day. Unfortunately we had a contract with 3rd party repairs centers which had to be fulfilled before changing. And I'm glad! It will make at least the phone repair process alot better. We try new things as a company to see what works and does not. It is a process, and takes time, but we are truly here to get our clients all the technologies they want and to protect their investments. This may not change anyone's mind, but you do need to know that there are Best Buy employees that are out they who do care about their clients and the product and services they sell.

"I try to always think of the best interest of my clients and do what I can to accommodate them"

Then why not have a big sign that says "You will get better prices and customer service at newegg.com and amazon.com. Please use our store as a showroom only"? That would truely be in the best interest of the customer.

Service