Try to return a purchase over $500 and see what happens. | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

I recently made an unsatisfactory purchase from Best Buy and returned the item. Talk about class action stupidity. First, Best Buy won't give you an immediate refund for purchases over $500. They will only mail you a check, or offer you a gift card. The check would take weeks to arrive, as if I have enough cash flow for that. What's worse, the *** that input my information into the system put in all my information incorrectly, EVEN THOUGH I HANDED HER MY DRIVER'S LICENSE. I MEAN, HOLY COW, SHE GOT THE STATE WRONG! This required that I contact "customer service" and have them change the information so my check will mail to the right place. This took no less than FIVE (5) phone calls to get all my information entered correctly and my refund check to be delivered to the right place, you know, where I live. After all this, I was told I would receive a gift card for putting up with their inadequacy. That gift card has yet to arrive, so I call these worthless tool bags up, spend 20 minutes on hold, when finally someone answers. But whoever answered did not say anything into the phone. I could just hear some lady mumbling to herself in the background, and typing on her computer. I said hello, a few times, and then the lady hung up! I mean WOW. I have never experience such inadequacy. I will never make another purchase at Best Buy. In fact, I'll be selling this gift card I am supposed to get.

worst buy strikes again! Try to make a return on day 15 see what happens!

try to make a return on defective merchandise guess what they do! Yes love the gift card promises (getting you off the phone is all that is)

For obvious reasons, Best Buy does not keep large amounts of cash in the store. If you don't like it, stop buying and returning things.

View more comments (1)
Product
Best Buy Gift Card

No help available on floor | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

Went to Best Buy on 1960 in Houston, Tx around 11:45 on May 7. No help on the floor other than in the customer service area. Customers stacked up. All I wanted was a Garmin and I knew exactly which one. Two managers at front door chatting. I told them what I wanted; one said she could get me 'some help' I said no you can't they are all busy. You don't have enough help and why have you gone to a customer pit service area where I have to stand in line when folks are returning goods, etc?? So I took my business down the street to Office Max. Best Buy lost a sale. I am marking them off my list. I enjoy customer service and Best Buy has lost it.

So...a company sucks because they are busy? Makes perfect sense.

i bet the customers that all employees were apparently with as the post says disagree about best buy employees sucking.

the issue in this post isn't that bestbuy employees were bad. but that bestbuy has to many happy customers coming in to deal with all of them at once/

maybe you should have patience and wait your turn for help

@MUSKA

I have had the same issue at my local Best Buy. It isn't about having patience it is about the employees absolutely s.u.c.k.i.n.g.

View more comments (3)

Best Buy Return Policy SCAM & RUDE Customer Service

I purchase from Best Buy regularly and even had a store credit card. I went to return a tripod and was told no because it was outside of their new 15-day return policy. As angry as I was about that, what was worse was the absolutely uncaring attitude of the managers and the so-called "customer service" at corporate. I have shopped at high end stores and BB's staff is more stuck up than any other "service" people I have ever encountered. People can say what they want about how people should "read the policy" but if you have been shopping somewhere for YEARS, you rarely stop to read your receipt every time. When I purchase electronics from Target, they stress the return policy at the point of sale. A quality retailer will make exceptions for customers or AT LEAST issue a store credit. When I called corporate they confirmed that it was up to the store to decide whether to issue a store credit outside of the 15-day window. They are just choosing not to. As a comparison, I purchased an iPhone 4 from Apple that stopped working a year later (after I dropped it). I had Apple Care, BUT when I purchased Apple Care back when iPhone 4 came out, it didn't cover replacements. The folks at Apple made an exception and gave me a new phone for FREE. I have since purchased a iPad and a MacBook Pro. That is why companies like Apple receive top customer service ratings and continue to outperform *** Best Buy. I paid off and canceled my Best Buy card the same day and will NEVER shop with them again. The amount of my loss was minimal, but I would have been SICK if I had made a major purchase and been told, "Oh, well. There is nothing we can do." I'm also convinced that the people here defending Best Buy work for the store.

So what if the people responding work or have worked for Best Buy? Most of us like/love our jobs and our co workers, this our platform to confront you self entitled, "rules shouldn't apply to me" customers!

Their policy is 15 days, end of story. I'm sorry you feel you are above the rules and should be treated special, but I'm glad Best Buy sticks to their clearly posted policies.

The "attitude" you received was probably because they're sick of dealing with you and every other princess who thinks rules shouldn't apply to them. You have a lot of growing up to do.

jb

Why did you want to return the tripod?

View more comments (2)

Best Buy Meyerland Plaza Mall, Houston, TX

I had a horrible experience at best buy meyerland plaza mall yesterday. Heights of insanity is that the store manager Ms. Lucia behavior in approaching the customer issues. I was completely unsatisfied with the Geek Squad representative 'Ana' but after talking to the store manager Ms. Lucia, I was not surprised why the employee culture in this store is as such. Man. I am never returning to this store and oh by the way best buy you have lost yourself a potentially huge customer. News for you. Never buying the Geek Squad insurance again. so this is right away $9.99*24 months loss to you. I will be sending out emails and share information to my friends about the horrible experience and explain them the worst possible customer service in a country which is build on the customer centered model.

This best buy store is horrible to treat the custermers. I ordered dishwasher and was told it would deliver.but never happen.

No one told us what is going on.

When we called back to ask, nobody answered question. Never bug anything there

Is there worse Customer Service? | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

Previously bought a Rocketfish wireless outdoor speaker and transmitter from the local Best Buy. The product works well. Went to BB online to order another Rocketfish speaker. "On backorder". Waited 60 days, then contacted them. "Your order was cancelled". Are you getting more, and can I order one? "I'll transfer you". Wrong department. "You need a Team Leader. I'll stay on the call until we get one." Nope. Left on hold for 45 minutes until I hung up. While on hold I called them from my cell. "We cancelled your order; you can spend an extra $60 to get the combo product. I don't know if we are going to get more. You can't order it now anyway". I really hate to say it but I'm kind of glad Amazon is kicking their rear. I try to do business with them but their service is so horrible they make it difficult. Imagine, a customer who is ready to buy right now, knows the exact item they want, isn't looking for a "deal", and they can't accomodate that?
Patrick

well I don't understand why you would wait so long.

Yes there is worst it called WalMart

View more comments (1)
Review

Best Buy duped me into taking my bad camera back near the end of it's warranty, instead of replacing

Bought an Olympus Stylus Tough in June 2010. Has been sub-par since purchace. Guarunteed at 33 ft. below. Took in for repairs. Took to bank of river and got water damaged. Sorry warranty is expired. I was told I was rude. They got away with it. Plus, it's guarunteed not to break up to a 23 ft. drop. I called customer service and got no help. We have had problems with this camera since purchasing it. It is not as easy as they make it sound to drop it off and repair it. They are so nice when they are selling you the warranty, only to drop you like a hot rock when you need to use it.

What did you do? Drop it from 23 feet to see if it would break.

You can not believe anything the ads tell you. At some point you have to use common sense.

If you want to use your camera under water they make cameras for that. You need to buy an underwater camera and they are plainly marked as such.

Patrick

so you blame Best Buy for a camera made by a separate company? and you expect them to repair a camera when the warranty is expired?

Better read the manual. Although it may survive depths of 33ft, it's NOT designed to survive a 23ft drop; closer to 6ft.

If you were having trouble from the beginning, you should have returned the camera. Period.

The warranty is expired. I don't know what else you are expecting.

View more comments (3)

BEST BUY/SAID WARRANTY ONLY COVERED PURCHASE PRICE NOT PURCHASE

Purchased a microwave last year from Best Buy on sale and dented for a reduced price & also purchased a replacement warranty...it died and after three attempts by Geek Squad under the manufactures warranty, they said to return and get replaced...the store manager refused to replace my 9 month old microwave unless I paid the $130 difference between what I paid for it originally and what the microwave costs now...I asked him about the extended warranty that goes into effect after the first year manufactures warranty expires and he said the Best Buy warranty does not replace the product only covers the amount paid...I asked for his supervisor and he told me to call 1-800-BESTBUY...I am truly pissed!!!

Sounds like they're dealing fairly with you...what's your problem? :?

the terms and agreements you agreed to gauranteed you that you would get no more then you spent.Unless they made you purchase the warranty by force, you should have known

Patrick

yeah, use some common sense. most stores offer to give your money back towards a new one.

maybe you should have used the money towards a cheaper microwave. how fancy of a microwave do you need anyway? a replacement plan lets you get what you paid back, not extra credit. learn some math.

like for example. you buy a $600 computer and a 2 year plan is let's say $150. that's 1/4 of the price but if your computer takes a ***, then you have that $600 credit. but the computer you bought is now back up to $650.

you have to pay the $50 difference. well what sounds better? paying $650 for a new computer or paying $50?

or maybe even consider it $200 if you include the cost of the replacement plan. it's not a scam, you just have to use common sense.

You have a scratch and dent coming not a new one.

You got a discount because the microwave was dented. You're not going to get a brand new replacement without paying the difference because that's not what you originally paid for. Use some common sense.

View more comments (4)
Loss
I run a small computer repair/network company in Houston TX.Last night i attended a customers home, from where he operates a multi-million dollar construction company from. He had a small problem with his ATT 2-wire modem, the wireless node had gone out, so after the...

Best Buy LOVES the violent negro....allows them to sell junk which no normal white person dares to return!!

View more comments
Loss
This is the letter I sent Best Buy today. Some personal info was deleted. November 2, 2011 To Whom It May Concern: My name is Brittany. My order number is BBY01-. 2 months ago, I made the mistake of ordering an LG washer/dryer unit on your company's website...

Similar thing happened to us in Dec. 2013 regarding an electronic item ordered on BestBuy.com. The Home Delivery co actually avoids getting a bad mark on their record by noting it as a refusal.

They delivered our item to another home. They went back and brought it to us, but told us the other customer had already had it out and put it together. We called the manager, Tony, who said, ok so you are refusing service? We said we want what we ordered, a new tv, not one that has been in someone's house that we have no guarantee as to what happened with it. Tony told us we had to call customer service and re-order. Customer service said they could only tell us the refund policy, and they don't handle online stuff so there is nothing they can do. We would be refunded and lose the sale price we got on the tv when re-ordering.

The Home Delivery Co knows exactly what they are doing to protect their mistakes. Figuring out how to get the right managers at Best Buy to take note is where the problem lies.

Service
Best Buy Customer Care
Loss

Best Buy - Premium Delivery - Dont bother!!

Be warned that the $99.99 "Premium Delivery" package does not include whole room setup. We purchased a Sony home theater package ($2000+) and nothing was setup when it arrived at our home. Have spoken to several people (1 whom said that yes it does include setup, yet the store we bought from says no) and even viewed the Best Buy website (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Appliances/In+Store+Only:+Two+Ways+to+Save+on+Delivery+and+Recycling/pcmcat228000050003.c?id=pcmcat228000050003). Long story short: I'm not going to purchase from Best Buy ever again. Waste of time and full of dishonest people.