Clothes damaged due to incorrect water hookups | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

I purchased a new Washer and Dryer combo from Best Buy in November 2010 with an initial delivery date of 12/27/10. This date was missed as were at least two subsequent attempts. The set was finally delivered and installed in February 2011 by Best Buy's delivery company JB Hunt. The installer connected the hot and cold hoses up backwards at the time of installation. My wife washed her good clothes in HOT/HOT instead of COLD/COLD resulting in damage to approximately $2,000 to $3,000 of her clothes. JB Hunt sent out an investigator who determined that since I had fixed the problem myself (reversed the hoses) that they hadn't done anything wrong and denied our claim. I pointed out that the hoses look exactly alike, no special markings for hot or cold water, and taking a picture before or after I fixed it proved nothing. They still denied any responsibility. Best Buy was contacted and their response was that they had no responsibility and that they had discounted the cost of the set as a means of satisfying us. Bottom line, $500 discount for my trouble is a long way from $3,000 of replacement clothes. Best Buy refuses to do anything about JB Hunt and stated that there is nothing they can do to force JB Hunt to perform.
jb

You would have noticed the problem after the first wash load. It is not possible to jam as much as $3000 worth of clothing into a single wash load. You are not telling the truth.

Best Buy Installation

Bad Customer Service | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

Hard to keep this short. I purchased a desktop and the extended warranty. I had issues during the warranty period which I was told was the monitor. After sending the monitor back to Samsung twice it turns out the monitor is fine. Only until after the warranty on the desktop expired they found out that the motherboard is bad. I have talked with the store, corporate customer service whom contacted the store about replacing it. Come to find out they will not take care of the issue. This will be the last time I purchase from Best Buy. I know it may not be a lot but I have spent over $7K at Best Buy and I have had enough. I have also had issues with a TV and Washer that were brand new. The TV is still not working properly.

to "Miranda" of course a computer shoudlnt crash after only 4 months, but if it does, its very obviously user error or a manufacturer defect. Its not best buys fault or responsability.

They are not gonna give you a brand new computer after you've had one for 4 months. thats why there is a 1 year warranty through SAMSUNG not best buy. If you wanted best buy to deal with it, you should have purchased their protection plan. And to "Penguins".

how did they find out your motherboard was bad if the plan was expired? if the plan was expired they wouldnt have even looked at it, so that doesnt make sense.

@Miranda

They send it to Samsung as it is still under warranty, thus if they attempt to fix it, the warranty becomes void. Selling a product doesn't mean they are responsible for warranty of another company.

Also, yes computers can die after 4 months, especially laptops. They tend to get treated badly by people. As for software, there is no knowing what a person does with them, but browsing *** websites is a popular way many get their computer infected with ***.

@Penguins

Keep pushing on the issue. They are required to take care of it as the issue was reported before the warranty had expired and they did not repair it. You still have options such as small claims court if they are still not willing to take care of it.

Miranda...did it ever occur to you that perhaps your computer crashed because YOU did something to it. Perhaps you don't have antivirus installed so your computer is infested with viruses.

Why should Best Buy have to back YOUR stupidity?

You had an option to purchase their protection plan and you opted not too. Which is also your fault.

Miranda S

I bought a laptop from Best Buy and it crashed after only 4 months! It was also Samsung!

Best Buy told me I needed to send it to Samsung and I was not about to do that. I feel if they sell a product, they should back that product and handle it themselves. A computer shouldn't crash after 4 months!

I had a hard time with the Geek Squad as well. They are a bunch of *** I won't buy from Best Buy again, and I will not purchase antoher Samsung computer

View more comments (3)

Total lack of organization | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

purchased sound equip. to be installed by geek squad. on hold too long,poor execution of assigning service tech. poor records of service appointments. never showed up for third rescheduled appt. returned system to store for refund. sooooooo frustrated!never again!no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no never!

Judging by your complaint, it's clear you are right around 7 years old. I can't blame them for not giving excellent customer service to 7 year olds. Adults are the ones with the money and they tend to get better service.

Someday, when you're older adults will pay more attention to you.

Loss
I purchased multiple items from Best Buy over the last several years. Items such as TVs, home entertainment systems, Computers, etc. Each item had the "no interest" promotion as long as monthly payments made on time and balance paid off by a specific date. I made...

The same thing happened to me and I terminated my account with them. Scammers.

View more comments

Best Buy Black Tie Plan Is a JOKE

I purchased approximately $1900 of surround sound speakers and Harmony remote. I also purchased a two year extended warranty (called Black Tie Plan). I have had techs come out to my house on three different times to repair the remote to no sucess . Now the Best Buy Black Tie contacts will not even speak to me over the phone to try to work with me. THis plan is no more than lets take your money and pray that you do not have any problems with the equipment .. Because we are not going to repair it ..We are going to keep your money. BEST BUY BLACK TIE PLAN IS A JOKE AND SCAM ...

No The Black tie plan just sucks... I bought a $700 phone and they have had it longer than I have had it!

Then they tell me that I should buy another one until mine gets fixed! Plus they told me before buying this Black tie scam that it was a direct replacement plan...

I had the phone for 6 days and so far they have had it for 22 days. Best Buy is and always will be a joke!

Maybe they just didn't want to deal with you.

I have the protection plan on everything. And have needed it on my television 3 times. and all three times it's been fixed within a week even with having to wait for a part.

My computer's cord broke and I got on in the mail next day delivery.

My washing machine broke and they were there the next day and it was fixed and has been working fine.

Must be something wrong with you!

View more comments (1)

Best Buy - Return Policy

I recently bought a IPAD for my wife. At the time of the purchase, I specifically asked the sales associate about the return policy. She replied "30 days from the day of the purchase". Since the purchase was for my wife, I wanted to make sure that she likes it and I have an option to return it in case there is a problem with it or in case my wife feels its not for her. Since the purchase, the device constantly locked up during operation. My wife was not satisfied with the purchase and wanted to return. I took it back today for the return (winin 30 days) and was denied any help. Now the manager told me that the return policy is 14 days and not 30 days. I was denied the service even after I informed the manager about my prior understanding of the 30 day return policy. Now i am stuck with a product I am not really happy with. I have decided not to do business with best buy in the future and cancel my credit card account unless best buy honors my request and returns the product. adnan wazir

Ma & Pa and 100% customer service = closed forever.

Megastores and 100% policy = thriving more than ever.

It's no mystery which store customers prefer. I wonder why...you figure it out.

A business cannot stay in business if there are no customers paying into it BECAUSE of said policies. There has to be a balance of policy and exception. There are two spectrums of the scale:

Ma & Pa = 100% customer service

Mega Stores = 100% policy

The failure to define a middle line is what gets corporations into trouble. While it's true that a company can lose too much money by bending over backwards for EVERY customer, a company can also lose too much money by following their policies too closely.

Rules -HAVE- to be bent in customer service. Put away your pride as an associate and put yourself on the customer's side. Throw the book only at your more irrational, ruthless, violent, abusive customers and do your best to provide a satisfying service to the other customers.

Most are simple enough they misread something, misunderstood something, or honestly didn't see it. It's happened to me a few times too. Outside of work we're all customers.

Customer Service didn't die, it just became precious (think diamond) in a world full of narcissism and legalism, so it's rarer.

yes best buy's policy's are on the back of the receipt or hanging high on the wall in small print.. I do work for BBY and brought that store's policy should be brought down and posted where they well be seen..

I was told something I already knew..

and training on policy needs to be done better with workers at BBY.. I for one if i'm not sure I track down the answer..

Maybe you should have read the terms and conditions for returning the item before you spend your precious money, not just demand whatever you think you are owed just because you bought something

I work for best buy. I personally thing the return policy is just. If you are willing to spend that much money on an item it would be in your own best interest to do the research and make sure you are purchasing something that you will use and enjoy.

With that being said the employee who misled you should have face some sort of consequence. No the return policy on any computer based item is not 30 days it is 14 days, if defective. Also, you will have to pay a restocking fee. Best buy does not make any profit on these items They are being sold for the customer not for best buy to make money.

The customer when making a purchase that size should find out all of the necessary return information BEFORE making the purchase and not just going by the word of the front counter person who doesn't personally sell computers. Next time ask the person who sold you the item, they will know the return policy on the item they are selling.

Just be smart with your purchase. and don't blame 16 year old kids for your poor judgement.

So, the days of "Customer Service" are over and now we only follow policies. I dont agree with that but lets just say (for an argument) this is how it is.

There is still an issue when a sales associate misminforms the customer on the policy. My mistake was that I did not read the back of the receipt once I had a face to face conversation with the live person. I wonder how many people do the same.

And when I returned, I was called a liar instead of accepting the agents fault. Now I do have a big problem with that....

awazir: Ma and pa shops used to bend over backwards to please customers, even if it included them taking a loss. Do you know what happened to them?

They went out of business for losing money instead of making it.

Now, it's either follow policy or too bad. Like it or not, it's just the way it is.

Simon: Its real simple.... It all boils down to the concept of "Customer Service".

Its not the matter of an Ipad anymore. If I own a business and a customer comes in and complains about a product which I sold him / her. I better make sure that the customer goes back satisfied or I lose that customer forever. $600 is not a big $$$ if you look at what Best Buy sells in 1 day.

My problem is with the impression I got the moment I showed up at the customer service desk with my receipt and the product.

There was no effort to help me from the start.

They tried everything to push me away.... and they succeeded.

You might have been happier buying an Android tablet instead.

It's real simple. You cannot take a brand new, high priced item, use it and return it.

What is Best Buy supposed to do with a used Ipad? Send it back to Apple? What are they supposed to do with it?

My car had 5,000 miles on it. I think I'll call the dealer and see if he will take it back because I'm not satisfied.

I agree with you Simon. However I think that consumers should be more proactive about their shopping experience with major retailers, especially when it comes to important clauses in return policies and protection plans.

Some stores like Best Buy in particular have a large placard that displays their warranty limitations and is there not only for decoration but for customer education as well. In relation to this incident it seems that Best Buy's position on the issue stems from a lack of clear definition of "PC, Notebook" group of electronics. A tech savvy individual would likely place the iPad in the "PC, Notebook" group given that it functions somewhat similar to its PC counterpart.

I'd go as far as to say that most shoppers would say that an iPad is similar in function to iPod Touch and would classify the device as member of the "everything else" group. I'm sure that if this issue was reported to top Best Buy execs then this clause would be re-written to include tablets; sanity permitting.

I don't think we should only return defective goods. Many retailers accept returns for no reasons.

Though we should not take advantage of this, it always happens that we buy something wrong and we need to return it.

What is more important should be the policy.

Customers should follow the policy. On the other hand, retailers should keep their promise (policy).

I also learned a lesson on BestBuy today. The receipt says PC and NoteBook and several other electronics could be returned within 14 days, all others could be returned within 30 days.

I bought my iPad 20 days before and now I wanted to return it, no matter what's the reason. What happened is that I was rejected. The manager said they have additional policy which says iPad follows 14 days rule. I argued that I only accept the policies they put on the receipt, because that actually is a formal agreement between BestBuy and me.

The guy just stand there and said "I can do nothing."

Should iPad follow notebook's policy? Maybe.

But if the receipt says clearly 14 days is the policy for iPad, I won't go to argue with them. When that manager said "this is the rule, you have to accept it." I felt so bad because I was at disadvantage and had to accept the "rule".

To nita: The fact that the user isn't smart enough to use the product doesn't mean it's defective. If the purchaser felt it was defective, the store would have to be able to reproduce the malfunction.

The OP either didn't mention it was defective or couldn't reproduce the error.

Since the item wouldn't have been considered defective, it would have been put back on the shelf. You should try checking the facts before you become a full blown retard...nevermind, it's too late.

Don't ask the kids in blue polo's about facts like return policies and protection plans. They only want you to spend money and go away and they'll state as many unreasonable "facts" as possible to get you to do so.

What kind of business strategy makes money in that they're store managers would honor a 30 day return policy and a refund at that? Go straight to the source and read their return and protection plan policies fully before purchasing a $600+ item. If you know what you're buying and all of the risks included with that purchase then if you run into an issue you know they can't argue against paper.

I find it a sort of challenge to trust a 16 year old acne ridden child's dissertation of a return policy. I find 30 days for a return policy(not an in store warranty) is absolutely ridiculous and unheard of in this day and age.

Thanks everyone for comments. I guess, it all boils down to the customer service (or lack thereof).

Best Buy pretty much called me a liar and I dont apprecaite that. There was no intent to understand my situation help me from the start. I know that I may be out of luck....bust buy will lose a customer forever... not a good business decision....

i am buying a $1500 projector setup for my media room.... guess where I wont be going.

To Simon. Returned items that are defective are not put back on the shelves for other consumers. Try to check on your facts before being judgmental.

The employee misinformed you, however the policy posted in store, on the back of the receipt and online states 14 days.

Best Buy is brutal, I purchased a TV, printer and a laptop there. The laptop went on sale for $400 less than I paid for it less 15 days after I bought it...

I went back, and asked if there was anything I could do, and they referred me to their manager, a 400lb sloth who said "Whatever, our policy is 14 days, not 15, looks like you're out of luck." I will NEVER buy anything from BestBuy again... This was the Ottawa (Nepean) store in Ontario...

Bad name for all Best Buys. WARNING: Best Buy also owns Future Shop, so I don't go there either.

I bet you wish they would have given you a full refund so they could put the item back on the shelf and someone else could pay full retail for your used Ipad. Nice.

View more comments (19)
Best Buy Sales Manager

Products are pieces of *** | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

have bought two stereos. Reason for second one was because the cd player quit working....as did the second one. Bought two dvd players..first one *** out because cd tray would not go back into player. They said I must have put something heavy on top of it. It was in a special compartment especially for dvd players so nothing COULD have sat on top. Second player just quit working after 6 months. Now, my mother is having a lot of problems with a side by side fridge. They just have *** merchandise and I will never shop there again and tell everyone I know to do the same.
Richard

IF THE CORPORATIONS THAT LET THEM MARKET THEIR PRODUCTS HAD AND INTEGRITY THEY WOULD PULL THEIR PRODUCT FROM THEIR SHELVES.

It seems like electronics may not be your thing. Maybe you should try a coloring book.

@Simon

Maybe you should quit sucking the Best Buy ***

Kathy, I was unaware that Best Buy themselves manufactured each and every prodcut in their store? Perhaps you should not be a cheap *** and spend a little bit more and buy a better brand and not just stick with the same ol' MANUFACTURER that has poor quality products. Better yet, step into a Walmart or a Costco I'm sure a WHOLESALE store such as Costco knows quality more than anyone else does.

@Mags

IF THE CORPORATIONS THAT LET THEM MARKET THEIR PRODUCTS HAD ANY INTEGRITY THEY WOULD PULL THEIR PRODUCT FROM THEIR SHELVES.

The problem is "They Don't"!!!

View more comments (4)
Review

Promotional product not available at retailer | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

Purchased mattress set with promotional free Samsung 40" LCD HD tv at Best Buy free! Model stipulated by Rooms To Go LN40C500 not on display at Best Buy and not in inventory at any Best Buy stores. Store clerk advised model c500 not available and was replaced by LN40C530, which they carried at a HIGHER PRICE! They would not, or could not substitute and advised me to go back to Rooms To Go, which I did. Manager of Rms To Go had no authority and would not help. I purchased more expensive model and advised salesman, Keith Davis of my displeasure at how things were handled. Salesman will discuss with Mgr and have him call me. Have not heard back as yet! I need satisfaction and reimbursement of $75.
Willie

We bought a living room set from R2G and got the Best Buy TV offer with the deal. We ended up receiving a $600 Best Buy gift card, valid 5 days after delivery (which the salesman told us and is plainly stated in the paperwork).

We were able to use the gift card AS A GIFT CARD!! In other words, we got $600 credit toward the purchase of a really nice LG 3D LED HDTV, not the Samsung that was offered.

Why y'all are having so much trouble is beyond me. As a matter of fact, I'm probably going to outfit another room with R2G furniture just to get the $600 gift card, and apply it toward the purchase of a new computer.

This G

You're ***

Mike

Rooms To Go is the sponsor of the offer, so you're barking up the wrong tree to get this resolved.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Manager

BestBuy sold my product to someone else. | Best Buy review from Houston, Texas

I purchased a washer and dryer on Cyper Monday for my son's family as a Christmas present. It was a limited quantity item and one that when it sold out, that was it. I was able to purchase a set, and paid for it on my ccd. I opted not to have it delivered in the next few days, but to have it delivered on the 23rd as a suprised. On the 21, I got a call that it would be delivered between 10-12 (hang up). Ok, so the next minute I get a call that it is out of stock and can be delivered the 29th. I called and made a complaint, I was offered free delivery. I asked if a manager would call me back, and was told yes. You guessed it, no call. Not even a call to the recipent telling them they had rec'd a washer and dryer and it would be delivered later. Thanks Best Buy, you screwed what would have been a great Christmas present up with your greed. If you didn't have my set of appliances you wouldn't have slotted my delivery. Someone pulled the set I purchased off the schedule to fullfill someone elses order. I am posting this every place I can. I also tried to post this on a stores review site, but it hasn't shown up. Why am I not suprised? I plan on making myself known to you!

If ya gonna *** about a corporation such as Best Buy. At least spell *** right. A little grammar goes along way ho

Best Buy is the last place I would ever purchase anything, I learned several years ago and have not bought anything from them since. FYI, Poindexter is a closet ***, and does not know how to come out and vents through the internet. How sad!

*** Simon

She bought a Christmas Gift. It was promised to arrive before Christmas.

She got no Christmas gift. She posted on a Complaints board.

Of course, everyone else can see that, so I'm just wasting my time trying to teach an *** that he's an ***.

Yep, you got me. I work at Best Buy.

Excellent detective work. Not agreeing with a consumer is clear cut evidence of my employment. Check out my comments on Wal-Mart and Target as well. I work there too.

Commiting fraud?

Yep, arrest those *** men! LOL, you are too funny. Since we are guessing occupations, I'm guessing you're a stand up comedian that really sucks at their job. Die in a fire?

Because of a post?

LMAO!!!! You're sooo funny!

Wow, both immediate comments are rude *** who apparently work at Best Buy. Doesn't matter if it was about material items, Simon, you *** handler. It's about CUSTOMER SERVICE and delivering AS PROMISED. A big corporation like Best Buy has to follow the rules too, it's not just the consumer's responsibility to get screwed and like it.

Free shipping to make up for screwing up a delivery and essentially committing fraud by selling an item they didn't have? You're a ***, and you should die in a fire.

Poindexter: You're a little turd who likes to talk *** over the internet. You don't have the balls to ever face up to someone IRL like that I bet, you ***.

guess what you *** eaters? this is a complaint board, and that's a valid complaint. Tell your bosses at Best Buy that pay you $10/hour to stop having you spam forums, you *** worthless maggots.

Get over it already. I'm sorry your Christmas is ruined without your material items. Even with you explaining to the person what you bought, I bet since they can't actually see it Christmas is ruined forever. Boo hoo.

They made a mistake. They offered you free shipping to make up for it. I bet the manager didn't call you back because he doesn't want to listen to you whine and cry about your ruined Christmas.

It really isn't as big of a deal as you're making it.

View more comments (6)
Best Buy Manager
Loss
I ordered 2" wood blinds for my new home in November from Best Buy Blinds in pearland Texas. I was promised the blinds would be installed 3 weeks later. 8 weeks later my blinds were installed, but the top cornice board was missing on one window. We also paid the 50%...

He did the same thing to us. We filed with the BBB, Consumer mediation, and have talked to small claims.

The county clerk told me I had to file a report that would go to the JOP. The JOP could hand down a ruling and if we wanted to we could take it to court to either put a lien against property or they can confiscate personal property to pay back their debts.

He sent me an e-mail saying that it was our fault he was out of business and good luck getting my money back. he owes us about $1000.Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

View more comments