Extremely bad customer Service | Best Buy review from Fort Worth, Texas

On 7/18/2019 I purchased 2 speakers and 8 Cameras from Stephen @ Best Buy after he inspected my home to provide the Best products. I have patiently waited for till 9/5/2019 to get them installed. Upon arrival today they informed me that they could not install the cameras because it was over their 15' max height. I have been in construction for 39 tears and never met anyone this clueless. At this point I will never recommend or use Geek Squad for anything else.
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Full refund
Very unhelpful and unwilling to back a Best Buy product. We purchased a 43” Insignia tv which I was skeptical about anyway not being a brand name tv. I was out of town traveling for work and returned to install this tv at our home a month after purchasing it. After an...
MattD78

If you attempted to return or exchange the TV after 15 days which is Best Buy's return/exchange time frame then yes you would be out of luck. After that time you then go through the manufacturer. That is what manufacturer's warranties are for.

Service
Best Buy Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Delivery Schedule  - Best Buy review
I selected my refrigerator delivery for Oct 27 the 4-8 window. On Oct 26, I received a voice message confirming the Oct 27 delivery date and window. Less than 24 hours prior to my expected delivery, I received a text message confirmation delivery on Dec 7 between...

I continue to receive emails asking me to rate a product that failed to be delivered on 3 separate occasions. It took me three failed deliveries to cancel but you did it right, if they screw up the first time cancel the order, better yet buy products that need to be delivered somewhere else - don't even bother trying to call your way through the customer service phone numbers to get resolution, you will spend hours and hours over days, or weeks in my situation, on the phone trying to explain the problem to the next anonymous person in line who could care less about your issue.

I walked away from this with a clear impression that BB does not value their customers.

Show them this with your wallet and buy from somewhere else.

Reason of review
Both delivery and customer service

Totally screwed up brand new computer | Best Buy review from Fort Worth, Texas

Had an old ASUS. Asked for C drive to be backed up. They insisted on removing the d drive. The backup they gave me didn't have any of the info I needed. I had to buy an external and I had my daughter take up the d drive to back it up to the external. They couldn't. When she brought the external drive home I plugged it in and the computer shut down and would only display the chipset. Took it in, one of the techs said the other one had tested it using HD power and should have switched it back to usb. After over an hour of waiting they said my usb drive was bad. This is a brand new computer. They gave me an external usb hub, came home, plugged it in and now I can't access the internet, I keep getting notices that google doesn't have a current certificate and shuts down. Error message saying I don't have the usb driver, windows won't update automatically and if I plug in keyboard or mouse to external usb they won't work. Like an *** I paid for the tech program. This isn't the first time this has happened, my dog knows more about computers.

Find a local repair shop. a repair shop that has been in business for over 5 years.

Ask at your local high school for kids that build computers.

Never and I mean Never ask these *** to fix your computers they hire idiots (high turnover, low pay, terrible hours ect. ) they are told to upsell everything and they do get Bonus based on this upselling (hours and bonus)

Loss

Beware Best Buy's (Hurst, TX) Lies!!

I purchased a computer from Best Buy and when discussing the requirements for the computer, I specifically stated that the two main things that I needed were Outlook and Powerpoint. I was assured by the employee that the computer came with those pre-loaded as part of the software package, so I purchased the computer. Get home, get the computer hooked up and ready to go and when I get ready to set up Outlook, it can't be found. Turns out the computer does not come with Microsoft Office loaded, just a scaled down version that only has Word and Excel. I call the store and speak with the manager (Jonathan) who is completely unwilling to be helpful. His comments were "no computers come with that, but you can buy a card from us for an additional $120 and use it right away." Now don't get me wrong, if it was an additional charge, that is fine, but what has gotten me all twisted is the manner in which the complaint was handled. Their employee lied and when notified of it, the attitude from the store leadership was basically "who gives a ***, just give us more money and it'll be ok". Absolutely no attempt to rectify the situation.

If you would like further assistance with this issue I am very willing to see if I can do anything to keep your business. If you would like you can contact me at my store in Fort Worth -817-238-6025 my name is Stephen. Otherwise, reply here and I can get in touch with you via my personal number or email.

Patrick

how do you know the employee lied? maybe they just made a mistake.

do some research on computers before you decide to go buy one. you should probably just stick with the Notepad and Internet Explorer because you probably don't know what Microsoft Office 2010 is.

I had a computer virus repaired at Best Buy and they made me sign a waiver when I picked it up that it was in good condition. When I

arrived home, all of my data was lost and they did not want to hear

about it. None of the managers were ever there to hear my complaint

and because they had my sign off paper, they were not about to return

the $400 I paid to save my data (which they lost).

Terrible chain store - I will never trust them to do anything on my computer.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Best Buy service policy, be careful it will ruin Christmas.

Be warned.. if you buy from Best Buy and take advantage of the service policy they offer, they ask for an email address (i was advised it would be best to put the person who the item was for so if they needed policy, the information would go directly to them) DO NOT DO THIS IF THIS IS A GIFT ITEM. little did i know that by putting down the Email address of my father for the printer we JUST BOUGHT as a CHRISTMAS GIFT.... yep--- they sent a receipt directly to my Father containing the exact item we just bought, the cost, everything. After calling consumer relations, this is policy, and they agree, that its best that you put the email of the person that will have the item as it will make any usage of the policy much easier.. and that if this were a gift item, the only solution they would offer is that i should just take all the info should the policy be needed and FORWARD it to the person the item was intended for. REALLY???? Thats the BEST you can come up with? 1. No Best Buy employee gave me this information to begin with... and 2. i can think of 4-5 EASILY workable solutions to this with little to no thought. (a checkbox-- gift item-- do not send any correspondance to this address until (date) would be ALL that was required to avoid this. THANK you Best Buy for screwing up Christmas. ***

Hey genius, you think maybe her father and her communicate? How about he told her he got an email about the printer.

Dur. You're clearly a BB employee.

You fail. Ga'bye.

Christmas Sabotage! | Best Buy review from Fort Worth, Texas

I will start with my husband waiting until midnight on Cyber Monday, purchasing a laptop, item in stock. No problem. Until a week later, no shipment. He called Best Buy, assured this would ship within a week. (mind you this was beginning of December when this call was made) Another week goes by, nothing. So after two weeks of the order being placed, he receives an email from Best Buy stating that our laptop was BACKORDERED until after December 25th. This was my daughter's only present this year and you're telling me now, 2 weeks after ordering, paying and assuring me that I would get this well before Christmas that now I don't have a present for my daughter. Ok, so what does he do, call Best Buy immediately. Only to be on hold for hours and hung up on literally 10+ times. They finally tell him, sorry but you will have to pay more to get another one. This has now been going on for 2 more weeks and we STILL have no laptop. Christmas is on Sunday. Will never order from this place again.

Furthermore, why is that comment still there? I have already reported it, the moderator admits that it's not the same IP address...

Anyone can put whatever name they want on these comments. It is a very poor system- You should have to use a log in and a password with an account for this site.

@BeyondBelief-I VERY CLEARLY STATED THAT I didn't write the comment about cancelling my order. Then if you will read whatthe moderator said-my IP address did not match the comment as well.

So get over your judgmental attitude about a fake comment from me.

As a matter of fact, Best Buy is giving us a better computer for the same price.

We are going to pick it up this evening.

And my daughter is 16 and doesn't even have a bf. So get a life.

wow - what a messed up hillbilly white trash family this is....

Welcome to the world of Worst Buy. While once in a while a person does get good service or actually speak to knowledgeable sales staff, for the most part Best (if you can call it that) Buy hires minimum wage workers that have been instructed on the ever-popular "switch-and-bait" and up-sell additional items or BPP's.

Buyer protection plans are frequently used as an incentive to push sales personnel. I intentionally went in well armed with technical knowledge about a couple of items and waited, with a bewildered expression, for someone to offer assistance. 45 minutes later a service tech from the Geek Squad saw me there and offered to get help for me. I returned 4 times later, a couple with a different jacket or hat and received 3 different answers from the 4 different sales "professionals".

(read into that as sarcasm. When presented with the proper information none of them seemed to care about it. When i approached the manager he said if I had known the technical information I was wrong to not be upfront about it and the manager tried (unsuccessfully) to make ME out to be the guilty party. Listen up Best Buy.

You are not the only game in town.

Yes you do have corporate image and name recognition on your side but just as easy as loyalty is gained it can be lost with disregard or shady business practices. 85+% of people that leave one business for another is not for different products but for the treatment received.

The comment about the boyfriend is a scam. Never posted that ridiculous ***.

John N

Methinks this complaint is untrue. No one could be so *** as this complainant.

You should have simply told her the truth about the backordering. If she is 20, she is old enough to understand that *** happens.

I am 25 and have had several Christmas holidays without any presents or very few because I grew up relatively poor. Trust me, people realize that presents aren't what really matters, family and friends are.

The only reason that I can imagine you would say what you said is if you really felt that way and had a Freudian slip.

It is not Best Buy's fault that you made your daughter cry. It is their fault that the problem with the gift occurred, but you are the one who said what you said.

View more comments (6)
Loss
I bought a computer from Best buy on 4-1-11 at the Best Buy location at northest mall in Hurst Texas. I use the computer at home for a business I operate from there. About 2 months ago I started having problems with the computer not wanting to read any disc. I went...

these newer computers usually have you make the disks yourself when you first get your computer. if you didnt make the disks you screwed up. the viruses you have on the pc will now refuse to load any antivirus software.

go out and buy a new copy of windows and reformat/reinstall your system and add antivirus software before you even connect to the internet.

View more comments
Review

Best Buy, hope you go bankrupt!

When I have been buying all the new music and DVD releases every Tuesday for the past 3 years they were always located in New Releases. For the past 3 weeks none of the new releases have been in that section. I have to hunt around for them and for all the new music Best Buy no longer thinks is important and does not choose to have as inventory, I order from Amazon. When I pointed this out the store manager promptly brushed me off to an associate. Good going! Way to take care of a problem! Thats why your new release section has stuff sitting in it from 4 months ago and about 50% of the new releases never make it to that section. Good marketing plan! Im glad to hear you dont trust your staff to actually stock that section as its an outside company that does it and you have no control over them? They do such an outstanding job, and thats why there are empty shelves in about a third of that section. I will take my 50+ dollars I spend weekly there and transfer my shopping to Amazon from now on as I have to shop there routinely anyway because Best Buy cant carry all that music in their store. Oh and that means my DVD sales, X Box, Stereo, TV and Speakers I purchased have been transferred to Amazon accounts as well! I hope you go broke!!! Sincerely ticked off at management in Fort Worth. Specifically Bryant Irvin if anyone even cares LOL!

Actually, it's quite amazing how *** people are. I've worked in retail for years, and people buy sh1t they know nothing about and ask dumb questions.

And even if you answer their questions, they still have no idea what they are doing.

And I would like to see you go into another retailer (i.e wal mart or target) and see if they can help you figure it out. Good Luck!

Yes, because noone will ever be able to figure out how to operate something without a Best Buy employee to tell them...

I used to spend money weekly at BB, too. Amazon now gets my money.

Customer service there is the worst, but I always found their sales associates helpful. Prices are no longer competitive since Circuit City went out of business.

I used to spend money weekly at BB, too. Amazon now gets my money.

yeah lets all hope they go bankrupt, this way thousands of people all across the country and the world loose jobs. keep buying your *** online, but make sure you never need a lesson on how to operate it. because, we best buy employees are not here to instruct you.

Tasha - The amount of money spent has nothing to do with this customers experience. I'm an employee of BestBuy and can say first hand that the third party company ''responsible'' for organizing and displaying the media routinely causes customers to simply leave. If all you look at is a money sign above everyone's heads and more importantly, treat them as such, you'll soon realize that not only do you lose their hard earned money which affords me a job, you allow one unhappy customer to encourage anyone they know to follow suit and avoid being treated the same way.

The sad thing is that I am a best buy silver premier member which means i at least spend 2500 dollars a year there. Thats easy for me. i spend on average 30000 dollars a year there. However last week i went into a store and my buddy was with me. I was over looking at the Dyson's in a completely different section. I grab the dyson fan and go to pay for it. As we are walking out the store, i get stopped and they take me and my friend to the side. They come up to me and say "what do you think your doing". Im like, "excuse me?" They say "you heard me". I tell them that i dont know what theyre talking about and they take me in the camera room and sit me down. At this point im thinking whats going on. Turns out my friend tried to sneak an invisible shield for his phone, but then decided to leave it on a shelf. So the resolution was to kick us both out the store when i was two aisles down from him getting the dyson fan.

Next day i call Best buy and try to come to a resolution and they take my rewards membership number and sincerely apologize to me and tell me that i can go to any store I want. So i go back to the store a few days later to get a new tv and im stopped at the door and told im not allowed in. I laugh and walk away. They ask me what i thought was funny and i told them, "you know that i spend a third of my paycheck with this company and your about to blow that out the window. Ill take my business to a local company." They told me to go right ahead.

Next day once again i call best buy and tell them to close out my membership and keep my rewards checks because i will never do business with them again and they ask why and i tell them. They say they will call me back in 15 minutes.

15 minutes later i get a call from best buy, the actual store asking me to stop in. So I do. The manager that kicked us out of there was in the room and explains to me that it was an immature thing for me to do and that i should have stopped him from doing what he did. Only problem is that i didnt know he was trying to steal.

Anyway the result comes that manager got fired from corporate for doing what he did and i got my tv for 30 percent off.

Sometimes Best buy will take care of you. I guess it all depends how much you spend there. So all of you that are making complaints, your voice does make a difference. You cant keep it local, take your concerns up to corporate.

I actually worked at one of the St. Louis stores for the holidays.

They said they based there pay on experience. I've managed a sales floor at a different company and all they offered me was 9 bucks an hour with no commision....WTF!!! I couldn't seem to get a manager to even help me with my direct deposit. I couldn't ring anybody out for three weeks before they finally set me up.

I'm still trying to figure out how they did my taxes because I never seen any tax forms in the pre-employment stage. I took the job because I needed it and aquired customers who only wanted to buy from me but I didn't get hired full time?! I guess I see y they are in serious trouble.

I've been on the inside and ill tell you....SHOP ELSEWHERE!!! I DIDN'T EVEN USE MY DISCOUNT CUS I DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE THEM BACK ANY OF MY MONEY.

Who is TASHA? I have observed many negative experiences consumers have with retailers and vent their frustrations right here.

Along comes TASHA who seems to devalue almost everyone on this blog. I took the liberty and copied all of Tasha's interactions with people and let a colleaque who is a practicing MD decipher TASHA 's psyche

When a business decides to change the way they do business, it's normally to attract more customers.

In this case, it appears they decided to change the way they do business because (choose one):

A. Corporate managers don't care about their customers because they're the only game in town.

B. Poor management at that specific store - but not necessarily others.

C. Poor performance of a contractor who may be having management or money problems, and may be about to go out of business (likely for a business dealing with CDs which have been crushed by online sales).

D. Cost cutting that leads to stress on employees, which is apparent in the way they interact with management and customers (few of us could take that kind of pressure well).

E. All of the above.

In any event when a business changes the way they do things, it's often a sign that things aren't going well in the area they just changed, or with the company as a whole.

It would be nice to think that businesses have a "Manager of Customer Happiness," but having shopped in a Best Buy a time or two it seems like Best Buy doesn't. I haven't been in one or a WalMart or Target for many years - I buy all my stuff off Amazon.

I wouldn't say that Circuit City or Comp USA was any better, so it may just be a culture of the business. I was in a Fry's twice, and it was apparent they don't think much of their customers.

Radio Shack is an example of a company who has so far survived even though they have completely changed their business model. I haven't been in one for years, but I think they mainly sell cell phones now.

Amazon may have a similar culture, but I guess I never notice it since I've never spoken to an Amazon employee. I can only imagine Amazon's customer service employees are in some third world country, having never used or seen anything I would buy from Amazon, and talking to them would be worse than at any of the now bankrupt electronics retailers.

A particularly bad sign is a retailer that knowingly takes money and promises to ship stuff (online) that they don't have, and that they know they won't have. AND they do that knowing it's a gift for an upcoming holiday - which will now be giftless for many people.

I'd say that's the sign of a company about to go bankrupt. Their overhead is so high for each store that it's unlikely they could pull off changing their business model, like Radio Shack did (so far).

A good percentage of Best Buy online sales take sales away from their brick and mortar stores - a problem that a web based business like Amazon just doesn't have.

All in all, it doesn't look good for Best Buy. You're just observing the death-throws

of a huge dinosaur. Other similar species are already extinct.

This isn't a good thing for consumers, who will have little or no choice for shopping locally. Unless an entrepreneur picks up the pieces with a new business model?

It might mean that Radio Shack could be back in the consumer electronics business some time soon?

Best Buy is a joke. They will never get another penny of my money.

They promise but don't deliver. I don't want anyone to lose their job but if they don't start taking care of the customer then the employees have no one to blame but management.

They probably don't stock the new releases anymore because no one shops there. Seriously the last 5 times I have been in their store the only people there are in the customer service line complaining about something.

There wasn't a soul on the sales floor...they will be broke soon. Look at their quarterly report

Oh god. This is horrible.

The fact that you have to take a few extra steps around the store to find your *** music might just kill you. I say this because based on how lazy you are, you must be fat and may have a heart attack if you walk too much.

i dont believe losing $50 a week is going to make one of the biggest electronics store in the nation go bankrupt. best buy has new customers walking into their doors every day. you will be back when you need something that no other store carries.

I hope bestbuy go bankrupt too.. I told all of my friends, relatives, classmates, teachers and my work colleague about mistreatment of bestbuy employees to costomers and hopefullu]y, they will never spend a single penny in any bestbuy stores.

I'm sure that someone is in charge of this type of update. You are right, I think they should at least listen to your freedback. At the end of the day, you are their customer and you are the one who bring in the cash flow to the company.

Sounds like you think the world revolves around you. Sure its not great things aren't stocked.And you must be so perfect.

I would love to run into you where you work. Get over your self. They do need to change at the store is sounds like but hoping that Millions of people lose their jobs is very sweet. You should go bankrupt because I know you aren't perfect, certainly buying new releases every week, I am sure you will be broke in no time.

Stop complaining and maybe get a job at Best Buy and walk in their shoes. I would love to see you keep everything up to date!

Let me get this strait: You are throwing an absolute *** fit over where they stock the new DVD releases? Get a grip on reality.

It's not really the earth-shattering tragedy that you're making it out to be. If you don't like it, open up your own store and stock the items where you think they should go.

You hope Best Buy goes broke so all those employees would be out of a job in an economy struggling to create jobs? I hope you go broke you immature whiney baby.

View more comments (17)