Promised to waive activation fee, never happened. | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

Employee at Best Buy in Muskogee offered to waive a $36.00 activation fee if we purchased a Sprint Hotspot. After many phone calls to the store and Sprint and speaking with supervisors, etc. I never received the $36.00 credit to my Sprint account. Apparently the employees at Best Buy are not trained, or given the wrong information, or just don't care what it takes to make a sale. Why is everything such a hassle these days? Oh yeah it's only about making a buck for the big corporates (I keep forgetting that) Honesty and doing a good job are becoming old fashioned I guess. Kinda scary!!!!

Call the FCC. They are required to fix it then by law or face a hefty fine.

Best Buy My ***

I purchased a fridge at Bestbuy and it was schedule for delivery on 12/18. At the time of purchase, they asked for my delivery address. I told them that the address on my reward zone is wrong and provided them with the correct delivery address. Two or three weeks before the delivery, I went to the store again to make sure everything is in order. The night before the delivery date, I received a call for a delivery service company and told me that they were going delivery the fridge to the wrong address from my reward zone. I told them it is the wrong address and asked them to contact best buy to get the correct address. Right away, I went to the best buy store at Katy to inform them the situation. The agent I spoke with is named "Jasse", young white male. He told me everything is in order. I asked him to contact the delivery company to make sure they have the correct address. Again, he said everything is in order and you will have your fridge tomorrow. I called the delivery company on the delivery date. They still have the wrong address and they said Best Buy didn't get back to them and only Best buy can change the address. I called the best buy store. After waiting for half an hour, a lady named "Lily" answered my call and she was trying to help me sort things out. A while later, she said she is getting off work and "Justin" would take over my issue and get back to me. I never heard anything from this "Justin" guy and I didn't receive my fridge either. As things stand now, I don't have my fridge which I paid for and I haven't heard sh$# from best buy. If best buy has a remotedly decent customer service and it is actually monitoring this, somebody needs to get on this right away and somebody needs to get fired. I need to be compensated for the mess they created and the agony they caused. The best buy store I made purchase at is #354 located in Katy.

As I've said before, dealing with Best Buy is

SCAREY! :eek

Sorry this has happened. We have immediatley fired Jasse and Lily.

As for your compensation how does $100,000 sound? Anything else we can do, just let us know.

:grin

Sorry this has happened. We have immediatley fired Jasse and Lily.

I've had items delivered from Best Buy, though I usually try not too.

Every time I have they have given me paperwork showing the delivery, with address, times and what is being delivered. Did you not receive this paperwork?

And why did you have to note that jasse is a 'white' male? That seems odd to me!

Roy

Best Buy's customer service is notoriously

bad.

Review

Best Buy Deal Tree gives no money, misrepresents items received; Rip-Off!

I recently switched my cell service to Verizon from AT&T through Best Buy. While in the store, the sales people admired my AT&T Sony Ericsson Walkman phone and suggested I trade it in through their Trade-In program. During the process of switching plans, the salesman tested my old phone, transferred contacts and photo's, etc. Twice during this process, I received calls on the Sony phone. The next morning, I looked up the information as to how to receive a gift card from Best Buy by trading in the old phone. The online form asked for the make of the phone and model. Walkman was stamped on the side of the phone, though the manual had a number model on the cover; they were essentially the same phone. It asked if the phone was working; yes, as I had used it in the store the day before, did I have the power cords and finally, was there any water damage (no). The only flaw in the phone was the center navigation button was missing the tiny plastic cover; something the store even took note of but said made no difference as the button was functional. I printed out the quote for $22.00 for trading in the phone and shipped it out. A week later I received a reply telling me that they were giving me nothing for the phone and if I wanted it back, I had to pay THEM return postage and Shipping and handling charges that may exceed $48.00!!! They claim the phone was misrepresented by a wrong model number. As I said, Walkman was stamped directly on the phone and that it didn't work. I wrote back telling them YES it did work and who were they kidding. There reply was now that it WAS SEVERELY DAMAGED and I still wouldn't receive any credit for it and then rubbed my nose in the fact that they would charge me money to return it. DO NOT TRADE IN anything to these people. The whole program is a scam so they can resell or refurbish products at a 100% profit. They are liars and cheats!!! I have no problem with the stores; they are upfront and honest but you are sending your items to faceless *** men and have no retribution. Let this posting be your warning and PLEASE, PASS IT ON.
Review
#202784 Review #202784 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Laptop Support | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

My daughter purchased HP laptop from Best Buy. She was told that she purchased a "factory warranty". It has been back to Best Buy for repairs 5 times and "sent to the factory" for repairs each time. It is still not working, and HP has no record of her EVER bringing it in for repairs. HP explained to me that Best Buy has a "special" relationship with HP. They send the units to their own "service facilty" and HP never sees the computer. Now, Best Buy wants to rent her a laptop until they can figure out what is wrong with it. Should they not be able to fix it, their "Customer Solutions Manager" Farhad Ahmad, will apply the rental towards another laptop. As the CEO of a manufacturing company, I intend to advise my employee base of their business practices and ask them not to do business with Best Buy. Bob Smith, CEO BB Motor Corp

What was the exact issue with the laptop, Best Buy HP laptops have issues with the batteries not making a good connection and just shutting down randomly. with the DV6 series.

Best thing to do is never purchase the extended warrentee with any store, but just keep the main one that comes default, that special relation is ***, all stores never send into manufacturer, Walmart, sams club, best but, heck even circuit city all sent to their own repair centers.

Problem with Best Buy is their repair people have no actual school or hands on expirience with electronics, so they mess stuff up a lot.

Loss

Best Buy does not care about customers satisfaction

I purchased two Magellan 1440 GPS systems at Bestbuy.com back in November. I have returned the two systems a total of 5 times due to defects in the product. When one of them went out yet again, I called Best Buy to arrange to take the product back into the store and get a credit toward another product. I was told in no uncertain terms this was impossible. I had to deal with the .com department. When I called them for a refund, I was told that even though the product had been returned numerous times, they had a 30 day return policy and therfore I was out of luck unless I wanted to do a no receipt return and take a $40 loss. The fact that they sell this poorly designed product is one thing but they seemed to find it humerous that I was stuck with it. Oh and yes, I did call Magellan and they also have a 30 day return policy for refund. I can however keep returning the product for replacement for another 6 months until my warranty expires. FORGET IT! I will never shop at Best Buy again and advise anyone who considers it to be sure of the return policy and GET IT In WRITING!
rational t

Why do people always assume since they buy two of something they can create their own return / service policy.

I bought some appliances from best buy and explicitly selected the delivery date by clicking a day on the calendar on the bb site that said the appliances were available.

Ten days later, on the day of delivery I called about the expected time frame and was told that the appliances would not be delivered because they did not have them in stock.

I could not believe my ears! Not only will I not have appliances for an undetermined time in my new home, but no one from bb notified me of this debacle. When I called their customer service number, to get some answers and a resolution, the supervisor wes terribly rude, unprofessional and hung up on me.

I am going to contact the C-Level executives from Best Buy and unless they rectify this horrendous situation, I will NEVER shop there again.

I bought a washer and dryer from Best Buy (worst mistake I ever made). First quote was next day delivery.

Delivery was in 2 weeks do to back order. Then when the delivery came the hardware to install was on back order. Installers did not speak English. So they left the boxes in my living room for Easter.

They came back again with the wrong hardware and blamed it on the sales rep for ordering the wrong one.

Now they left the install up to me I went to Lowes and got the right hardware first time.

Never again will I buy appliances from Best Buy. This was the worst buy ever.

View more comments (2)
Loss

22 days - still waiting for service and truth | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

22 days today and I'm still waiting for my 50" Samsung TV to be repaired. The worst service I have ever received. If I don't call to check on status, I receive no information unless it's after the fact. Now I'm told parts are on back order - have to wait until 4/2 and then may not receive. Have been lied to by everyone but Irene (she is great). Rude, unprofessional service - fix my TV or give me a new one. Retrain or train your people to have customer service skills and not just say - "Oh My" or "I'm sorry but". Follow-up with the customer when parts are delayed and date of service changed. Call customer prior to day of repair call to let them know their appointment has been cancelled. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Irene is the only good thing about your service and company.

I've been waiting now for the same number of days (22) and my 50" LG TV is still not repaired. I spoken to everyone including some Premier Silver Customer Service people (who have no authority to do anything but say "I'm sorry").

Don't believe even Irene - I was told they'd fix it this week or give me a new TV - sure, that's gonna happen. Shope elsewhere - like online!

Review

Bestbuy told me that my tv wasnt covered and it is. | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

Bestbuys customer service rep. told me my 42" plasma tv wasn't covered by a warranty. I took it to a repair store they wanted over $400.00 I choose to have it recycled and purchase new. Only a few hours later had a receipt in my hand and it was covered by a warranty purchased at the time. I now have no tv and bestbuy said it is my responsibility to hold on to my receipt and they will only give me a "GOOD DEAL" on a new tv. They also told me that if I would have paid to have the TV fixed that my warranty would have reimbursed me the full amount. Now since I believed the customer service rep that I was unlucky enough to have help me I have a warranty still in effect (which doesn't expire until 12/18/2010) but no longer have a TV and that there is nothing they can do. I was told that I was irresponsible for not having kept track of my receipt for the last three years. Also should not have had my TV recycled since I chose to not have it fixed. So here I am today no TV no satifisfaction and a disgruntaled consumer. You would think in todays economy any business would happily try to keep as many customers as possible. I guess Bestbuy doesn't need my business. I am going to post this in as many places as possible and hope that it my influence others to BEWARE Bestbuy does NOT care about their customers.
ourtv

:( :sigh

BestBuy Store Card | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

They charged me $35 (twice) saying I paid late. I actually paid on time but they said it takes an extra 5 days to clear so technically its late. Then they asked me to pay $109 which I did to bring my account back in good standing, they didn't tell me they were going to take $15 of that as a fee for taking the payment over the phone! They refuse to refund any of the fees. As soon as I get my tax refund check, I'm closing this account. Don't shop bestbuy, they'll ruin your good credit and rip you off.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. Its pretty much common knowledge that payments on a credit card will never go through as soon as you make them.

Even if its in person. Next time read all the paperwork and legal jargon next time you apply for any credit card and you won't get ripped off. Credit card companies hope you don't read the fine print. Thats how they make money.

If anything the Best Buy card (HSBC Card) is one of the best ways to build up your credit.

0% financing on most, if not all, purchases, and there are no penalties for paying it off early(god forbid anyone in this country ever do that). The lesson here is READ THE FINE PRINT and stop pointing fingers at your mistakes.

SO what if it says Best Buy all over it?

HSBC is giving the credit to be used only at Best Buy. That is why it says Best Buy all over it. HSBC is not giving you credit to use at any other place.

And Best Buy isn't giving you any credit at all.

Meldon R

Hopefully you'll one day calm down and hear how unreasonable you sound. Best Buy doesn't operate the credit card, they pay somebody else to do that.

Get mad at HSBC. Best Buy didn't charge you anything.

Typical Best Buy Response, Move the blame. It has BEST BUY all over the store card and you can only use it at BEST BUY.

Take some responsibility!!!

I do hold HSBC accountable, but I also hold BESTBUY equally accountable. I will NEVER shop bestbuy again, and I've persuaded many of my friends to avoid bestbuy also.

The "Best Buy store card" is owned by HSBC. Complaints about their billing practices should be directed at them. This is all explained in the paperwork you were provided when you signed up for the account.

Fortunately, there is no penalty for paying off your account early, as there is with some other cards.

Best Buy poor customer service

In November 2005 I purchased a 50" LG plasma TV from Best Buy in Dover, DE. (#842). In May 2008 while watching the TV there were three very loud "bangs" and the unit shut down. I called the warranty service and the TV was repaired ( cost of $ 700.00). On 12-27-09 while watching the TV there was a very loud "bang" and the unit again shut down. I called the warranty service and was advised that the extended warranty expired 10-31-09. I was very upset as I had not been afforded the opportunity to renew the warranty for this TV. I explained the situation to the warranty rep, stating the TV had blown up twice within a year and a half and I was not afforded a renewal on the extended warranty. Nothing they could do. The afternoon of 12-27 I went to the Dover DE store and requested to speak to the store manager. I was advised that the assistant manager was there. I asked to speak to him but he refused to come out and speak to me. He sent messages out to me via a store associate. I was told that there was nothing that could be done at the store level and that I would have to contact the corporate office. On Monday 12-28-09 I called the corporate office and after being transferred to the wrong department four times I finally spoke to a gentleman by the name of Tim. Tim advised me that there was nothing that Corporate could do and it would have to be handled at the store level (here comes the runaround). I then called the Dover DE store and spoke to the manager his name is Glenn Stitsworth. I explained everything to Mr. Stitsworth and he asked me exactly what I wanted from him. I explained the story to him and that I have been a loyal customer to Best Buy for many years and have spent many thousands of dollars with the company. Mr. Stitsworth advised me that company loyalty means nothing. Considerations of this nature are not based on loyalty of the amount of money one spends with Best Buy. He did however say that he would see what he could do and he would get back with me. He again asked why I thought Best Buy should help me with matter and I again explained that I paid $ 4000.00 for this television and it had blown up 2 times in a year and one half. I feel that this unit is defective and should be repaired at no expense to me. I also explained that I feel I was not afforded the renewal warranty due to a "payout" being made on this unit. He assured me that that was not the case. It has bee over 10 days and I have not heard from Mr. Stitsworth. I believe Best Buy should stand behind this unit. The overall cost to Best Buy would be in insignificant on the overall scope of things and would go to great lengths in restoring confidence in the company.

Does someone HAVE your TV, or is it just looking pretty sitting on your wall? Also, is it the same part that was replaced (that you didn't pay $700 for) two years ago? Did that repair have any warranty? What you describe sounds pretty unusual for a plasma TV. Have you checked the Internet for bullitens or recalls by the manufacturer?

Because, honestly, I don't see that Best Buy's going to do anything for you at this point. They don't own the warranty, and from what I've been told get nothing on a renewal. I got no call on my TV, refrigerator, dishwasher, range, or other electronics. I don't expect to get one, either. About the only hope you have left, is that the manager might be able to give you a discount on a new one.

The only good part if this, is that you will be able to purchase a 50" plasma with better technology for a lot less than you paid for yours 4 years ago. I've seen them for as low as $700.

Good luck.

Thank you for reading my post. Perhaps I need to clarify a couple of things in my description of events. I was not charged $ 700.00. I stated that I called the Warranty/Service dept and the TV was repaired. It cost $700.00 for the parts and labor which the warranty/service plan covered. ( as I stated further in my post as a "Warranty payout being made".Historicaly, it has been my experience with most all of my extended warrantys/service agreements that as they reach their experation date I am contacted via mail or phone, if not both, inquiring if I wish to extend them.

I believe I am clear as far as the dates are concerned. Unit was purchased in Nov. 2005. First problem was in May 2008, covered under ext warranty/service plan. Second problem with unit 12-27-09. That would equal 1 year and 7 months. The unti failed twice in less time than it took for the original failure.

Perhaps I am not as articulate as many but you have the full story. I am not pulling any fast ones here. And as of this writing I STILL do not have any response from the store. Perhaps I am asking too much.

First of all, explain to me why you were charged $700 for service in May 2008. Secondly, did you bother to read the terms of your agreement?

The time frame of how and when things happens to anything you connect to wall current not withstanding, you had four years to figure out when was a good time to renew a service agreement (not an extended warranty)

Aside from that, you compound the confusion by stating "the TV had blown up twice within a year and a half", when by your own admission it was well over two years before you experienced your first problem...and then PAID FOR IT? Was there some service performed outside the warranty terms?

Something tells me that, once again, we are not getting the whole story here.

View more comments (2)
Service
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy Blows

Andrew, the grease monkey at the Denton, Texas Best Buy needs a punch in the face. I will never ever ever shop there again after the way he treated me. They tried to double bill me for a stereo install/deinstall and he seemed too stoned to realize the problem. Best Buy needs a good drug test for its employees.

After having read Lucy's comment, it is no longer wonder why Best Buy has too many store managers who are idiots. They are arrogant and rude.

No wonder, can't say the same thing to some of their staffs too. They kisses corporate *** and wipe their butts to get to where they are with empty heads and air attitudes. I particularly hate the "Josh" in Mundeline, IL..he is so arrogant and even call us liars when I have my doubts he is the one who lies about the product we would like to return. This manager doesn't have any sense of managerial aptitude.

I would say a big "L" himself, that is why he settles being a manager in Best Buy. Corporate themselves doesn't do any ***.

It wouldn't be a surprise, one of these days, the company will go down the drain with continuously bad employees esp. those managers and geek squad who are so rude.

LET THE GUY SMOKE IN PEACE U ***

Apparently Best Buy has a policy that states that you can yell, scream, curse at, and degrade anyone you want and do so publicly and still be in a management position so long as you have friends in the corporate office. A local store manager has done this to such an extreme that several people have quit or gotten fired because of his actions. This man brags about his friends in corporate and implies that any and all complaints made against him will backfire on the one who complains.

#195870

Best Buy (HAHA) funny. Vineland NJ

want customer unfriendly store well this is the place. Want an attitude for an answer rather than an answer, well this is the place. Want to wait until someone feels like helping well this is the place. But quick sell the suckers oooops customers something and that is all that matters. Got to love Vineland Best Buy.

Thanks for all your help and well thats not true now is it.

HH Gregg mabey?

Actually, employees are tested for drugs. If you had a problem, why didn't you contact a manager?