Geek squad and BEST BUY is the WORST

My computer has been in geek squad *** for a month now and when I call for status i get incompetent people who can not tell you what is wrong. then they tell you to call the STORE, and guess what? they tell you to call the 800 geek squad number. endless cycle. I still don't know what is the hold up. the General Manage at the Best Buy store in Aurora at the Briarwood location is just as incompetent and does not honor her commitment to call back. NEVER EVER buying from Best Buy again. EVER! I am contacting the District Manager next and posting reviews everywhere.
Review
#302072 Review #302072 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Best Buy, extremely poor online ordering experience

I have had an exceedingly poor response from Best Buy in trying to acquire a dishwasher I bought back on January 11, 2012. Three rescheduled deliveries, with no actual delivery, a terribly broken ordering and statusing process, and absolutely no proactive (or reactive for that matter) follow up from any of the channels at Best Buy... save a delivery department that called me to say they had no dishwasher to deliver. Below is an excerpt of one of the several communications I have made to Best Buy in trying to seek help and resolution. To whom it may concern, I am writing to inform you of a truly awful customer experience I am having in trying to acquire a dishwasher I purchased online back on January 11, 2012. The online purchase went apparently smoothly, but the day before delivery I got a call from the delivery department letting me know that delivery would not be happening because they didn't know where my appliance was. They suggested calling elsewhere in Best Buy to find out what happened because from their view, the order was never "transferred". I did as directed and found out that no one really could tell what had happened. That supposedly some system showed the Dallas (where I live) warehouse had my dishwasher, but after a few calls the CSR determined that was not the case. The original delivery for sometime in late Jan was rescheduled for Feb. 8. From that time until Feb. 8 I heard nothing from Best Buy. Late in the day (around 4:30 or so) on Feb 8, I called back into Best Buy to find out the delivery status. I was able to access my order online and relay the order information to both the IVR and CSR because apparently the CSR does not receive the information taken via IVR. Again, there was confusion as to what had happened to my order. The CSR handled the call graciously, but it was immediately apparent that she had no access to the actual status of my order. She had to inquire to her supervisor and make several phone calls to other departments, I remember one was the research department, to find out exactly what was going on, why there was no imminent delivery, why I had not been contacted about this failure, yet again. Needless to say this was very frustrating, but after well over 40 minutes on the phone with her and a lot of persistence, she got an answer that the manufacturer (GE) had not yet sent the dishwasher. From that point on, all she could do was try to reschedule for Feb. 21. Keep in mind, at this point, Best Buy has had my $974.24 for almost a month now with no dishwasher delivered and a lot of apparently broken process that we are all having to suffer through. You can imagine my frustration. Also keep in mind I am having to coordinate with a plumber for installation. So I am twice now having to reschedule a plumber. This is not good. Today is Feb 20. I have heard nothing from Best Buy confirming a delivery for the promised date of Feb. 21. I went online today to get my order information so that I could PROACTIVELY call in to see if my dishwasher is being delivered and a window as to when. To my surprise, my order has now disappeared from the order status portal altogether. So, as I am today calling into Best Buy to get help, and as I get to the Order Status section of the IVR it hangs up on me when I don't input an order number (I don't have my order number because the portal is no longer showing my order information). Then when I call back in, and select the option to go to someone to direct my call, a very gracious CSR directs me to Online Orders with Delivery, no Installation. I get greeted by a recording that tells me that due to high call volumes I should call back later, and it hangs up on me. Honestly... I have a hard time remembering a worse customer experience than what is currently happening via your processes and systems. Still keep in mind, Best Buy has almost $1000.00 of my money, and I am having to waste many hours navigating your broken processes and systems... and I say waste because nothing has been fixed, and I certainly still lack a dishwasher, and I have to now figure out how to work around my work schedule to deal with this extreme inconvenience, maybe reschedule a plumber... this is really a poor showing. I buy from Best Buy because I have believed you are a 1st class operation with the professionalism and market leadership to provide good products and services. I sincerely hope my recent experience to the contrary is an aberration. Please advise as to how I might proceed in either acquiring my dishwasher or my money. If possible, I would also like to understand as to why since the 1st call from your Dallas delivery department, I have not once received a proactive communication as to status or changes. Thank you for your attention. Sincerely, C H
Tony

I am having the same experience. I ordered a car stereo online on Feb 26.

Expected delivery Mar 4. I got an e-mail on the 4th saying that delivery was delayed. I called the 1-888 number and they told me I had to call the store it was being delivered to. I called the store and they said I had to call the 1-888 number.

I went back and forth 2 or three times talking to the same two people. The 1-888 person said it was being delivered from the warehouse in Tucson. Hmmmm the store I am to pick it up is in Tucson. I called the store back and they said they didn't have a warehouse in Tucson.

Nobody knows where my item is! I can't be playing this "Find the product that I already payed for". Seeing as how I have to leave to go on my vacation in two days. I am going to just cancel my order, if I can find somebody that knows how to do that right.

You are exactly right, this big huge tech store has a more broken system than they probably had back in the "order by paper and phone era". At least back then you knew you would receive the item that you paid for and not have to worry if you were ever going to see the money again.

Best Buy Installation

Best Buy screws the consumer again

Today 1/28/12 I attempted to exchange a gift I received for Christmas on 12/25/11 at the Rapid City, SD store. I dropped off the product when I arrived at the store in the customer service desk stating that I want to return it for exchange but did not know what I wanted yet and needed to look around. They said okay. I returned to the service desk and started working with a gentleman until he stated that the return date had expired and he needed to talk to the manager about it. When the manager arrived she briefly stated that the date had expired and she could not accept the return. I stated that I lived 154 miles away and that I do not get to any town that has a Bestbuy every month to return such things and she again said "sorry". She obviously does not care about the customer or understand retail sales. I had planned to use that return as partial to purchase a new Iphone, accessories, and a couple of other twenty dollar items. Not only did you all lose my purchases today but will never see me purchase anything from you all again. Also I will be spreading the details of my experience to all of my contacts along with every place on the internet that I can think of. I will also be writing to our local newspaper so everyone can see how you treat customers that do not live in the towns where you have stores.

People who comment on these complaints are so rude. These complaints are to inform people of their bad experiences with companies and people are swearing at them and calling them names just because they shared their bad experience.

Best Buy has quit a few complaints. Obviously this customer was not the only one that had bad customer service.

Commenter/Simon

Do you have comments on everything? Most of your comments are rude.

Get a life and a job. It may keep you off boards like this.

Patrick

hahaha wow, you're A *** ***. why should you be treated better than everyone just because you want to return something that was bought a while ago?

you do realize that Christmas was well over a month ago right? if you live over 100 miles away then that's your own fault for driving so far for something as lame and *** as an iPhone. you should have called ahead to see if they could do anything. good thing you'd never go back because if I worked at Best Buy, I wouldn't want to see an *** like you with the mind of a 10 year old.

and you're gonna write in the local newspaper about it..? I hope people tell you how *** you are.

The store needs to show discretion. If the product is unopened and still state of the art there should be nop problem with a store credit.

Yes Mr ManinBlack many stores allow returns after 30 days for store credits.

The policy is there to prevent theft by employees and customers. There should be a policy that is flexible.

#420041

Best buy allowed consumers to return items upto 30 days after it was purchased and during the xmas period they allowed from black friday till jan 25th to return You have had the product over 30 days it might as well be second hand now. Would you buy something that had been in someone else's home for over a month? I sure as *** wouldn't.

#419545

Jesus, if you can't return an item in 2 weeks, then just keep it.

the policy is there for a reason, if they make an exception for you, they need to make an exception for everyone to be fair. BestBuy doesn't need a customer like you.

Actually Best Buy said on TV they are giving consumers 45 days to return items but I found that is from the date of purchase. I'm sitting on a $500 mistake my husband made and he normally doesn't buy anything until Christmas Eve.

Too bad for Best Buy, we're good customers and have purchaseding all kitchen appliances and electronics for the last 20 years and we have rentals as well. No more business with them/.

so you admit to waiting over a month to return it and you blame the store for your laziness? no stores in this country will let you return an item after 30 days.

View more comments (8)
Best Buy Sales Manager

Best Buy Sold Us What They Didn't Have

We bought a washer and dryer set from Best Buy on December 26 and were promised delivery on December 30. The dryer is delivered on December 30 but no washer... we were told it may be delivered on January 7. So I call corporate this morning. First I was told January 7 delivery on the washer, then I was put on hold for ten minutes. "Customer Service" came back on the line to tell me that the washer, in fact, is unavailable and will not be delivered. How about that? They actually sold us something they don't have and will never deliver. So now we have a dryer, no washer and no solution from Best Buy. Thanks, Best Buy!

The same thing happened to me only with speakers/IPOD docking station. Than they offered a different one that was just as nice but then they also mysteriously were out of that one and so far I've had two different offers of very SUBSTANDARD units.

I've been told the nice one I purchased and then the replacement they originally offered were not ever going to be available. What a company!!!

Review
I was looking for a laptop as a gift. I found a great deal on a Toshiba i3 laptop and purchased it online for delivery. Filled out all the online info with address, credit card number, everything. I thought I was done and so I STOPPED looking. I come to find out a...

Stupidest employees ever. | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

basically, its black friday and we went to buy those prepaid phones that were on sale. we lined up for about 10-15 minutes? (this was around 10 am) and FINALLY when it was our turn to pay, the *** cashier told us that the phones are limit two only. uh hello? where does it say limit two? and EVEN WORSE was that i came with another person and they ONLY LET US BUY TWO even though there were two of us. also. why would you want to set a limit on those prepaid phones for. they had a whole barrel of it, around 30 to 40 and those phone models are so old, no one even buys them anymore. shouldnt they be happy that some people are trying to help them rid of their inventory? *** ***. another thing was a friend bought a 3d tv, the one on the ad that said there would be a FREE home theater system with the purchase of the tv. instead, he got scammed. and the *** people there said theres no free home theater system because the QUALITY of the tv is better than the other one. what kind of lame excuse is that?

The limit is there for a reason. It's so the first person in line can't buy all the store's inventory, so more people can take advantage of BF sales.

Stop being so greedy. 2 phones per person is plenty.

TimThomas

As I've said before I've never worked for Best Buy nor have any of my friends or relatives. He wouldn't be bashed if he read the flyer, or if he understood a real complaint versus whining about nonsense.

He's complaining he couldn't get a handful of phones. If they gave someone 4-5 of them and someone who didn't get one saw this it'd be a whiny post about how "Best Buy is so greedy they let people buy like a million each and I didn't get one".

well obviously the two posters above have something in relation to best buy, or else you wouldnt be bashed like that.

It does say on the front page of the Best Buy ad for Black Friday that all items have a limit of one per customer unless otherwise noted. I don't understand the TV one at all seeing as it sounds like one of you bought a TV that didn't say it came with the home theater system and wanted the bundle that came with another one.

Oh boo hoo hoo. Your dumb@ss made the mistake of not reading the print where it has a limit on how many of one item one person may buy.

Don't blame Best Buy for your stupidity and lack of oversight.

Get over it you big baby.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Don't blame Best Buy for your stupidity and lack of oversight. Get over it you big baby.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (5)
Best Buy Cashier

GEEK Squad - Waste of money | Best Buy review from Dallas, Texas

Hi, I bought a Samsung Infuse mobile phone from a best buy mobile store and also the Geek Squad protection plan for 2 months. But in the middle of second month of the protection plan period, I called customer service and cancelled the plan. I was given assurance by the customer service representative that my services and replacement will still be covered for the first two months since I already paid for the service. As fate would have it, I had some problems with the phone and so went to the nearest BestBuy store (Frisco,TX near Stone briar mall) to get it fixed/replaced. I made three trips to the store and during the first two trips, the mobile stored manager (David) was very helpful and he called the Geek Squad customer care to get my plan reinstated since I already paid for the services. The plan was supposed to be reinstated in 5-7 business days but it never happened. By the time it was reinstated, my two month coverage was up and I couldn't get the phone fixed. During my third trip to the store(was still under coverage), the lady at the mobile store was not helpful at all and she tried to just give me some vague reasons why she cannot help me. So after paying 20$ for two months, 3 trips to the store, wasting 2 hours for every trip and lots of tension , my issue was never resolved. So much for the Geek Squad protection and customer service. I would never recommend anyone BestBuy protection plan again. It is just another way of making money by BestBuy. If you know how to operate a computer, then you probably don't need the help of a Geek Squad member. All he did to help me was do the factory format in my mobile phone which I had already tried. If I had bought this mobile phone at a AT&T store (I had a two year contract), AT&T would have replaced my phone (no questions asked). They had replaced my i-phone earlier without asking any questions. Horrible experience with Geek Squad. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH GEEK SQUAD. Regard, Vivek
ruth

I agree. Geek squad is a waste of money.

I bought a 5 year protection plan on a washer. Has been 1 month of reporting a problem and still not resolved.

Waste of time and money! Never again.

Loss

Best buy scams people getting phone

best buy signed us up for cell phones not telling us about the actervation fee of 360 dollars which was a shock to wife and I living on social securty.think this is a dam discrace.and of course they will lie and say they did will never buy anything from these people again.money is tight as is without being scamed.if this is the way they care to do busness don't think they will be around much longer.had we known it would have costed that much money would not have gotten phones.hope they read this and get pissed themselves

That activation fee is for the cell phone company, so that you can ACTIVILY be on their network. You need to read your terms and conditions through the cellphone company....

There's a boat load of other fee's do that the cellphone companys don't tell you about. Like state fees. I recommend not getting mad at a company that's just following policies.

I really like best buy, but it is very surprising to read thisarticle. The seniors are the largest buying group in the country and a lot of us depended on social security as our retirement income, that is, before the government "borrowed" our money and then decided that it was theirs to keep.

Somebody named simon said it was his money. What about us? We paid the darn money and it don't amount to much, but everybody thinks its theirs.

I even read today that now illegals are eligible for our money, too. I will think long and hard about buying something from Best Buy from now on because we can't trust them if they do business like this.

Someone told me about this site and I had to see for myself. So, from what I can tell, what seniors worked for is no longer theirs to collect on, but it belongs to people who won't work for a day, much less all of they're lives.

I can't believe what I am reading. How can anyone say that the money we paid for our retirement is theirs?

Not only that. Let them get to where they need to buy medicines and pick up the bills that social security doesn't pay.

I believe that would shock theirselves and know what hard decisions it is to spend on something like a phone. Brother, we could be like those people who get free phones because they won't work or came to this country illegally, but we worked for what we have, even if it is just a little.

That's right Frank. I want to see them promised money to live on, only to have it called an entitlement and then taken away. They would never survive on what we survive on.

I can't wait until these young people start getting taxed over 50% out of every dollar they earn. I wonder how long they will crow about our social security benefits as opposed to their tax consequence out lay?

Scammed, Sorry to hear about your experience at Best Buy. to My&&MyRules - I don't think Simon works for Best Buy.

If you check throughout the complaint sites, this busy bee has been casting dispersions on everyone that posts as a complaintant. I personally think Simon has a thing for PissedConsumer.com. He's so active on the sites. Don't you love it that this twerp says you are spending HIS money.

The fact that you worked and payed into the SS Retirement fund all of your life somehow translates to HIS money. Wow, what an ego!

Anyone that reads this is concerned with your grammar more than the complaint. I am sure that your 360 dollar bill most likely states $3.60, and you are unable to correctly read it.

The activation fee is threw the carrier and is standard practice no matter where u buy your phone I work in the cell phone field so I know it usually runs 36$ (no matter which carrier you choose)a line plus pro ration charges if you start your contract in the middle of the month then there are taxs to consider a well. It is messed up that they did not warn you about the charges and fees. I always tell my customers the full dollar and cents break doen when buying a phone so customers do not have a heart attack when they see there first bill while it was messed up that the best buy guy did not tell you these are carrier appiled fees and have nothing to do with the.store

(p.s sorry for the *** typing my phone keyboard is rather small t

View more comments (12)

Best Buy Gave me refurbished TV

Had a plasma with burn in less than one month old. Called Panasonic said it was a defective plasma and to return. Big hassle but stuff happens. At best buy the replace it with a refurbished tv that I did not notice until I got it home. When I came back to the store a "Geek Squad" Manager told me it was my fault that the tv had burn in and they should not have returned it (i got defensive at this, as I never leave my tv on a static image, the burn in was from a defect in the panel.) Finally got my new TV but with wasted time money and verbal bullying from some tool at best buy. I feel sick that I spent over 3 grand there.
Review
#220144 Review #220144 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy NOT

Bets Buy advertise they do layaways, well I tried it and won't ever go to this particular store again. I went to store 202 in Plano TX (they were the only one listed in our area) to put a LCD big screen on layaway. I had an associate get the item information and took it to the customer service counter. The associate said she could take care of it. An hour later I was still standing there and no progress. At this point she asked another associate for help. The other associate acted like she knew what she was doing but didn't. 45 minutes later I was still there and no apparent progress so I asked for a manager. When the manager arrived I explained what we were trying to do and that I'd been standing there an hour and forty-five minutes, he said "oh" and walked off. I had them cancel the transaction which was only as far as charging my debit card for the down. When i had time I checked the bank to ensure the transaction was canceled only to find it had not been and they had charged my account twice. Don't ever go to that store, the employees don't know what they're doing and the managers don't seem to care.

Regarding the lawaway at Best Buy, I can understand why you were frustrated! Terrible experience! I think they have a customer service line to complain to - just to make this actually DOES get taken care of!!! (It definately shouldn't have happened.)

@ Simon - The person may have wanted to put the item on layaway in order to take advantage of a sale. It's still paid in cash and is NOT an indicator of someone's ability to pay for something.

And, as mentioned, it is a great tool to hide Christmas presents!!

Retailers don't care how you pay for it - just that their stock actually gets purchased.

How about just save up the cash before you buy it? If you don't have the money or credit to purchase something then maybe you can't afford it.

Maybe you should have chosen a profession that has better retirement benefits instead of "oh poor me".

Rude comments should not be allowed. Being retired Army I understand since retirement pay isn't the greatest so layaways become a budget tool.

What you advocate is using a credit card and paying 12, 15 or 18% interest but layaways are 60-90 day free, no interest. I've used one to keep my wife from finding her Christmas present and picked it up the day before.

Oh, a marine uses layaway? Well then I'm all turned around on the subject.

What the *** does someone's former occupation have to do with anything?

Should I break down in tears because he's a marine? Oh boo f'ing hoo.

Opinion noted, I'll let the retired Marine next door know what your opinion of him is since he uses layaways regularly.

2.5 million? Yeah that's less than 1% of the population. The rest have their *** together and can use a debit or credit card.

I guess there's about 2.5 million Americans that according to you are trailer trash.

Layaway is for trailer trash anyway.

View more comments (7)