Nightmare Customer Service: I recently purchase a GE Washer from BestBuy Mesquite, TX. Salesperson was good and knowledgeable. Delivery install went fine. 15 minutes after the install, I received a call from BestBuy to complete a survey of their installation. I...
Patrick

I love how this loser from Louisiana is constantly bashing Target everywhere. it's like "I ordered a Big Mac at McDonald's and got sick because it turned out they gave me a Big Mac that was made the day before and it sat out all day" then this weirdo comes along and says "sorry to hear that but Target will make you even more sick because they're just so horrible. I don't know why they're horrible but they just are"

View more comments
Review
Service
Best Buy Installation
Loss

Best Buy, extremely poor online ordering experience

I have had an exceedingly poor response from Best Buy in trying to acquire a dishwasher I bought back on January 11, 2012. Three rescheduled deliveries, with no actual delivery, a terribly broken ordering and statusing process, and absolutely no proactive (or reactive for that matter) follow up from any of the channels at Best Buy... save a delivery department that called me to say they had no dishwasher to deliver. Below is an excerpt of one of the several communications I have made to Best Buy in trying to seek help and resolution. To whom it may concern, I am writing to inform you of a truly awful customer experience I am having in trying to acquire a dishwasher I purchased online back on January 11, 2012. The online purchase went apparently smoothly, but the day before delivery I got a call from the delivery department letting me know that delivery would not be happening because they didn't know where my appliance was. They suggested calling elsewhere in Best Buy to find out what happened because from their view, the order was never "transferred". I did as directed and found out that no one really could tell what had happened. That supposedly some system showed the Dallas (where I live) warehouse had my dishwasher, but after a few calls the CSR determined that was not the case. The original delivery for sometime in late Jan was rescheduled for Feb. 8. From that time until Feb. 8 I heard nothing from Best Buy. Late in the day (around 4:30 or so) on Feb 8, I called back into Best Buy to find out the delivery status. I was able to access my order online and relay the order information to both the IVR and CSR because apparently the CSR does not receive the information taken via IVR. Again, there was confusion as to what had happened to my order. The CSR handled the call graciously, but it was immediately apparent that she had no access to the actual status of my order. She had to inquire to her supervisor and make several phone calls to other departments, I remember one was the research department, to find out exactly what was going on, why there was no imminent delivery, why I had not been contacted about this failure, yet again. Needless to say this was very frustrating, but after well over 40 minutes on the phone with her and a lot of persistence, she got an answer that the manufacturer (GE) had not yet sent the dishwasher. From that point on, all she could do was try to reschedule for Feb. 21. Keep in mind, at this point, Best Buy has had my $974.24 for almost a month now with no dishwasher delivered and a lot of apparently broken process that we are all having to suffer through. You can imagine my frustration. Also keep in mind I am having to coordinate with a plumber for installation. So I am twice now having to reschedule a plumber. This is not good. Today is Feb 20. I have heard nothing from Best Buy confirming a delivery for the promised date of Feb. 21. I went online today to get my order information so that I could PROACTIVELY call in to see if my dishwasher is being delivered and a window as to when. To my surprise, my order has now disappeared from the order status portal altogether. So, as I am today calling into Best Buy to get help, and as I get to the Order Status section of the IVR it hangs up on me when I don't input an order number (I don't have my order number because the portal is no longer showing my order information). Then when I call back in, and select the option to go to someone to direct my call, a very gracious CSR directs me to Online Orders with Delivery, no Installation. I get greeted by a recording that tells me that due to high call volumes I should call back later, and it hangs up on me. Honestly... I have a hard time remembering a worse customer experience than what is currently happening via your processes and systems. Still keep in mind, Best Buy has almost $1000.00 of my money, and I am having to waste many hours navigating your broken processes and systems... and I say waste because nothing has been fixed, and I certainly still lack a dishwasher, and I have to now figure out how to work around my work schedule to deal with this extreme inconvenience, maybe reschedule a plumber... this is really a poor showing. I buy from Best Buy because I have believed you are a 1st class operation with the professionalism and market leadership to provide good products and services. I sincerely hope my recent experience to the contrary is an aberration. Please advise as to how I might proceed in either acquiring my dishwasher or my money. If possible, I would also like to understand as to why since the 1st call from your Dallas delivery department, I have not once received a proactive communication as to status or changes. Thank you for your attention. Sincerely, C H
Tony

I am having the same experience. I ordered a car stereo online on Feb 26.

Expected delivery Mar 4. I got an e-mail on the 4th saying that delivery was delayed. I called the 1-888 number and they told me I had to call the store it was being delivered to. I called the store and they said I had to call the 1-888 number.

I went back and forth 2 or three times talking to the same two people. The 1-888 person said it was being delivered from the warehouse in Tucson. Hmmmm the store I am to pick it up is in Tucson. I called the store back and they said they didn't have a warehouse in Tucson.

Nobody knows where my item is! I can't be playing this "Find the product that I already payed for". Seeing as how I have to leave to go on my vacation in two days. I am going to just cancel my order, if I can find somebody that knows how to do that right.

You are exactly right, this big huge tech store has a more broken system than they probably had back in the "order by paper and phone era". At least back then you knew you would receive the item that you paid for and not have to worry if you were ever going to see the money again.

Review