Best Buy Blows

Andrew, the grease monkey at the Denton, Texas Best Buy needs a punch in the face. I will never ever ever shop there again after the way he treated me. They tried to double bill me for a stereo install/deinstall and he seemed too stoned to realize the problem. Best Buy needs a good drug test for its employees.

After having read Lucy's comment, it is no longer wonder why Best Buy has too many store managers who are idiots. They are arrogant and rude.

No wonder, can't say the same thing to some of their staffs too. They kisses corporate *** and wipe their butts to get to where they are with empty heads and air attitudes. I particularly hate the "Josh" in Mundeline, IL..he is so arrogant and even call us liars when I have my doubts he is the one who lies about the product we would like to return. This manager doesn't have any sense of managerial aptitude.

I would say a big "L" himself, that is why he settles being a manager in Best Buy. Corporate themselves doesn't do any ***.

It wouldn't be a surprise, one of these days, the company will go down the drain with continuously bad employees esp. those managers and geek squad who are so rude.

LET THE GUY SMOKE IN PEACE U ***

Apparently Best Buy has a policy that states that you can yell, scream, curse at, and degrade anyone you want and do so publicly and still be in a management position so long as you have friends in the corporate office. A local store manager has done this to such an extreme that several people have quit or gotten fired because of his actions. This man brags about his friends in corporate and implies that any and all complaints made against him will backfire on the one who complains.

#195870

Best Buy (HAHA) funny. Vineland NJ

want customer unfriendly store well this is the place. Want an attitude for an answer rather than an answer, well this is the place. Want to wait until someone feels like helping well this is the place. But quick sell the suckers oooops customers something and that is all that matters. Got to love Vineland Best Buy.

Thanks for all your help and well thats not true now is it.

HH Gregg mabey?

Actually, employees are tested for drugs. If you had a problem, why didn't you contact a manager?

View more comments (4)

Best buy is a rip off!

So here's the deal. On Dec 12th I ordered some christmas gifts for my wife online at bestbuy.com. On Dec 22nd I still had not received the packages so I POLITELY emailed best buy and asked them what the issue was. They said it was scheduled for delivery on Dec 24th. So I figured ok, not a problem right? No way wrong. Christmas comes and no gifts. So now I have a pretty upset wife. So I call best buy and ask them what the problem is? They notify me that they had UPS drop off the package to the USPS and that my package could take 30 days to get here. So I got pretty upset and emailed best buy again. THIS lady says that if my package didn't get here by Dec 30th, they would send me a new one free of charge. Well, lets just say that hasn't happened either. So this time I called best buy AND emailed them. I explained to the lady rather politely that I still had packages that have not arrived, and what this other customer service lady told me. This lady proceeds to get ugly with me, and when I asked to speak to her manager, that *** lady hung up on me. And I still have not received and email or phone call back. Best Buy has got to have the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. I'm in the US Army so I don't make very much money, and when I go to a business or store to spend my hard earned money I want to be treated with respect. Not spit on and treated terribly like I have with Best Buy. They are one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever seen in my life. I will never shop there again. I refuse to spend my money on a company that cannot keep their word, treat their customers with respect, or deliver their products on time. Instead I will go to Amazon and use them. They are usually cheaper, and get their packages out and to the customer on time, and I have NEVER ONCE had a problem with them.

why didnt u just check ur package on ups or usps??? they do have tracking numbers that tell u where ur package is.

Best Buy Geeks Suck

I took my computer to best buy and with a virus problem. They charged me 400.00 and could not fix it. Whats worse is my computer was in shambles and worked better before I took it in to them. They looked at me with the deer in the headlights when I asked them for my money back. Of course I didn't get it back. I just hope that anybody who reads this will take into consideration how bad the geek squad ***. Do not take your computer the to get fixed. Buy one but don't get it worked on. DC Mesquite, Texas

Yeah, those so called "Geek Squads" at Best Buys are not real geeks...not computer geeks anyway. Oh, sure, they can do the simple stuff like adding another hard drive, but anything beyond that and you are throwing your money away.

It is really rare that you find anybody with real knowledge at a Best Buy or the like. Like McDonalds, they employ the least capable and pay them accordingly.

400? WTF

***

View more comments (1)
Loss

Purchased Unusable Software from Bestbuy | Best Buy review from Montgomery, Texas

I purchased a new version of an antivirus program from Bestbuy and was told by them that I first would have to delete the old version first, which I did. Then I paid $39.95 for the new version of "Trend Antivirus" which was a good product. I tried then after opening the software to load it and could not, because it required parts of the old version to be present. When I took the product back to Bestbuy, they refused to refund my money, since the package had been opened!!! A rip off!! They are bait and switch artists and I will never deal with them again.

Speak to a manager, plain and simple. Be informed that every store has some sort of opened software policy, but I'm sure if you explain this to the manager they'll get you all set up.

PRICE MATCH SCAM | Best Buy review from Breckenridge, Texas

I purchased a dishwasher the week of April 2,2008 for $599. It went on sale on April 7, 2008 for $549. I e-mailed and asked for price their price match and was told that I qualified for a $50 refund and was given an 800 number to call. I called this number and was told that I qualified but would have to call after the item showed delivered in their system that it would not process the refund until that time. I waited until I had an e-mail confirming delivery and called them back. At this time they informed me that the other cs reps were wrong and that I did not qualify for refund They did, however apologize for any inconvienience. I think I am done with best buy. This is terrible customer service!
#132004

they changed the price after you bought it you don't deserve any refund you *** as*

#20247

HEY I BOUGHT MY CAR FOR 20000

on sale now for 12000...

WHERE IS MY MONEYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

:upset

Why is that that someone agrees to pay a price, and just because the price goes down later to move the last items off the shelf, you think you deserve a discount/partial refund. You agreed to pay $600- maybe you shoulda waited.

There is no law and should be no policy to give you that just because it was the price that came later- If I could do that, Id buy everything when it comes out and get a discount when they lower prices.

What a silly notion. You are a sad sad silly person....

View more comments (2)

Service Plan is a rip off | Best Buy review from Tyler, Texas

October 2006 I purchased a HP desk top computer with the in home service plan in Tyler Texas. Now the computer won't turn on so in early March I called 888 BestBuy. I was on hold for several hours and finally called back the next day. Customer service said that I was out of the area for local repair and would be serviced by some company that they contract with. Took my info and said someone would contact me in a few days. 13 days later I had not received a call from anyone so I started calling 888 bestbuy. Stayed on hold from 10:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. one day and finally hung up. Called back the next day and finally reached someone. He said someone from the contracted company will call me to set up a time for the repair. He also said that the parts that were ordered had not arrived. Finally a repairman contacted me and is supposed to repair my computer this week. We'll see, I'm not holding my breath. Through all of this, both my husband and I called the store repeatedly and got absolutely no where. They were rude and informed me that the contracted company got the money and would do the repair and that I have no recourse except going through them. Of course, they refused to provide me with the name or a telephone number for this company, saying that I have to go through 888 bestbuy. OR- I could take it to the store and they would send it off and of course charge me for the repair. This is the 4th computer that we purchased from Best Buy, in addition to two high dollar cameras and various other pieces of rather expensive office equipment. I will NEVER purchase anything from BestBuy and I strongly advise everyone to avoid any and all BestBuy stores.

why don't you go back to the store where you bought it? its obviously easier to deal with.... duh?

werte

That's true. They think that because they are big it doesn't matter if make a few customers angry.

All I have to say is Enron.!!!! :p

Wow I agree totally, I haven't shopped at Best Buy in three years because of a misrepsented service agreement. They have missed out on a lot, while one person doesn't hurt them I make sure that I tell everyone I know so hopefully more people are shopping the many other options that we all have besides kick me in the face and call me *** best buy

View more comments (2)

Best Buy

Best Buy consumers that are typically upset don't realize that the Best Buy employees have to follow guidelines written by our corporate office. If those guidelines aren't followed we can be fired. 2. Open computer software,video games etc it is a copyright federal law that we can not return them we can only exchange them for the exact same product. Otherwise we're looking at a federal lawsuit from the manufacturer if not more and yeah that wouldn't be pretty. Also, unfortunately we don't know peoples stories or backgrounds so we have to treat everyone on the same grounds. One person could say they aren't trying to *** us, but really be someone who is and the next person could say the same thing and really not be, we don't know. 3. Most of the time we're frustrated because the manufacturers of the products we sell put us in bad positions. We can only get as much as the manufacturers say we can get. Unfortunately during the holidays thats not always enough. We try to do what we can do but right now I'm especially feeling the frustration when we don't have a product in and its not our fault either. Most of the complaints I have actually read could either 1. be traced back to our corporate policies 2. be traced back to the manufacturer or an manufacturer issue. If you got a defective product most of the time its not because we secretly smashed it in the back and put it on the shelves, it comes to us how it comes to us and they originally come from the manufacturer. I just feel bad because some things have been totally misrepresented about this company. I hope more individuals become more informed. Also, I apologize to those individuals who got a newbie or the one of the few employees that didn't know anything. At our store it is our upmost duty that if we don't know we find someone that does know. And just to let you know it is hard to sleep at night knowing that there are unhappy customers. I think the most important thing about human nature is that if someone tries and I mean really tries you should give them credit. Everyone makes mistakes and as long as people are out there working, there are going to be mistakes made. We don't want them to happen but its inevitable. Thats all I have to say.
#562074

I have always been happy with best buys. Any *** knows that open dvd and computer software can not be returned if opend but exchanged for the same thing.

If you did not want that movie why did you buy it in the first place? I have bought movies that were cracked but I only wanted a playable copy of the movie which they exchanged. In life we do not get everyting we want. Calling the associates idiots and *** is not right.

They like you are trying to make a living. I have always been treated with respect in their stores but I do not expect hugs and kisses and we love you from them.

#198452

I love how customers complain about BB customer service. GO TO WALMART because they don't give you any service except to check you out or make sure you have a receipt to make sure you actually paid for it.

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people that insist on "fixing" the displays at Best Buy!!! As an IT director, you obviously have ALL the qualifications to determine how I want MY tv to look!!

Retail stores have their displays set to the REQUIREMENTS of the manufacturers- not to same "rogue" IT director's personal standard.. Leave them alone, someone will just have to set them back to normal when you leave...

I find it most amazing when employees in Best Buy argue with me.

The latest: I looked at an LG TV on display that I have been considering. I noticed that the color seemed a little green and was wondering if it could be adjusted. So, I pulled up the menu to take a look. Every setting was at "50," so clearly no one had set up the $1,000 monitor. (They do know that car dealers wash and clean the cars to make them look better, right?)

So, I started to color correct the screen and an employee walked up. She clearly wasn't happy and asked what I was doing. When I told her, she started arguing with me that the screen was properly calibrated, just like all the others. (If so, there sure are a lot of little green men on all kinds of TVs.) She kept using the word "vibrant." In fact, she told me I was color-blind when I pointed out how the people were green.

Now, I work as an IT director for a group of about 1000, but I have a strong background in graphic arts and have performed some color correction miracles for several major U.S. magazines. I have been trained to see and even remember color. I tried to calmly explain that and explain why I was adjusting the screen to test it because I am so picky about color. She just snorted and walked off.

Nice TV when properly adjusted. Wonder where else I can buy it.

Very deceptive practices tried to by a computer, they tried to add 180 dollar anti virus program said it would take 3 hours to remove it if I did not want it. Would not give me back up disks.

Said they had 4 left i got there in 5 min they said they had none with a smile. Never will buy anything from Best Buy also will report them to the BBB.

#2008

Ahh come on!! Do you think it really matters to us unhappy customers whether or not you are sleeping at night knowing that we exist?

Best Buy is nothing but a circus act full of idiots at the upper manaement level all the way down.

I hope to see them in small claims court to address my issue. See "Best Buy - I got screwed"

#2001

It is very refreshing for me to read something positive written by an Employee.

If anyone has visited BESTBUY, especially during the Holidays, if they are fair-minded, they should appreciate how difficult it must be to provide the ambitious Service Levels that I know BESTBUY to strive for.

Keep up the positive attitude and obviously good work.

View more comments (6)