I preordered the Xbox One X on 10/20/17. I live about 5 minutes from my local Best Buy store, so instead of chancing anything with the shipping, I select "Store Pickup".

I received a confirmation email stating that it wouldn't be ready until 11/7/17, and that everything was good to go. Fast forward to 11/7/17, I manually check on my order status and I see that it is unavailable and that the item is sold out. I contact customer service via chat and they say "sorry, do you want a $50 gift card for your trouble?" I respond that sure that would be great, but when will my order get here. They won't give me a straight answer.

3 hours later I get an email saying that the item is no longer available, and that "We will continue to watch this item and will notify you in the event we locate it at our store." Basically my preorder did not mean anything, and it was up in the air as far as if I would ever get the item. So rather than deal with them anymore, I just cancelled the order and went through Amazon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments