Alden, New York
1.5

I bought a TV for my mother for Christmas and had it shipped to her house. When it arrived, there was no issues with the box, no visual damage.

When she set the tv up, it had a big black line through the screen. I called 1-800-BESTBUY and they switched me around to a few different people before I got to "Jacobi". I explained to him my issue and he first told me it was an open box item and there was nothing he could do. I argued with him that it was not open box because i wouldn't have bought that.

Then he put me on a long hold and came back to say it was UPS's problem because it was fine when it left the warehouse. I asked him how he would know that if it was in a factory sealed box. He then told me that they don't sell defective products. I again asked how he would know it wasn't defective if they don't physically test every product that leaves the warehouse.

Then he told me that he was going to schedule a pick up by UPS for the following Saturday between 7a-7p, but I would get an email the day before telling me a smaller time window. I never received and email and UPS never showed up. My mother waited all day at her house for UPS and it turns out they were never dispatched to pick it up. He also told me that he couldn't send a new tv because they were out of stock when clearly i could go onto the website and order another if i wanted to.

So after UPS didn't show up I called 1-800-bestbuy again. They put me on hold for an extended period of time and then ultimately told me i could not return the tv to the store, I would have to have it picked up by UPS. After this conversation, I called the BEST BUY store closest to me and asked the person who answered the phone if i could return an online purchase to the store. She took the TV's information and promptly retuned telling me that i could in fact return it to the store.

Maybe best buy should train their call center people better and make sure they know what they're talking about. This was a very frustrating experience and I will not be shopping at best buy anytime soon

Best Buy Pros: Employee at store who helped me.

Best Buy Cons: Treatment from 1800bestbuy.

Comments

Best_Buy_Tom

I agree...and you should be compensated for your trouble and aggravation. In all my years with Best Buy, I have been able to successfully negotiate sales and deliveries of product, from the store and warehouses, over the phone and through the web site to MANY destinations.

It's not as easy as it should be, but it can be accomplished! The same can be said for performing customer service.

All it takes is the proper mental attitude and a determination to succeed for the customer. I'm sorry you didn't visit my store.