New Milford, Connecticut

I recently purchased an ASUS G73JH-BST7 Laptop from Bestbuy.com, as a refurbished item. When I opened the box and set the computer up, everything worked with the exception of the power cord and brick.

I contacted the customer support and after 25 minutes of being on hold and telling my story to 4 people I was told by a customer support agent that this was my problem and I needed to contact the manufacturer.

As ridiculous as this sounded I contacted ASUS and was not able to get in touch with anyone. I called Best Buy customer support again and finally talked to someone who was able to help me. The agent told me, that for a quick resolution I should bring the item into the store and they would be able to help me.

Off to the store I went. At the store, geek squad confirmed that it was an issue with the power cable, brought me over to customer service, where I was told that there was nothing that they could do because this was a refurbished item and it was bought online.

So I went back home and contact customer service again. This time I waited for 45 minutes talked to 8 representatives, and was called rude by a customer service rep. After finally getting in touch with someone, I was told again that I could contact ASUS, or I could send the item back for a refund because this item was the only refurbished laptop of this model they had in stock. So I chose to return it.

I am currently still waiting for a shipping label that has not shown up to my email.

I wish I could say this was the last time I was going to do business with Best Buy, but I receive a large sum of money in gift cards for my 30th Birthday and I am stuck having to buy a laptop from them.

I am so pissed about this after I am done with this purchase I am canceling my Best Buy credit card and never doing business with them again. They have lost a customer that spends well over $2,000 a year at their store.

Comments

You're an ***.

Hey Frank why don't you go take a grammar lesson and the thoroughly go *** yourself you imbisole. Maybe you should think before insulting people you may get a little further in life.

refurbished item...this means if YOUR GONNA BE CHEAP you get what you buy..as per the Terns and Conditions if you buy a refurbished item that's it that's all you get weather it is broken or not. maybe next time before you argue and complain too someone who's job it is to know the T's and C's you should read em yourself, or better yet maybe you should read them BEFORE you spend your precious gift cards. FYI NO store is gonna give you service on and open box/refurbished item because by buying this your agreeing to get what you get