Amarillo, Texas

My Dynex TV went out and had purchased the service plan. 2 weeks ago the power supply went out and I returned it for repair.

Picked it up yesterday and now no audio. Called store manager with my complaint. I don't want it repaired again, I want it replaced. Manager assured me she would "PAIR" with another manager and get back with me immediately.

She never called back so I called her back. She would not come to the phone and told associate to tell me she was working on it.

I thought Best Buy would stand by their products. But am very dissapointed.

Comments

Buyer beware! Bought a new 60" tv at Best Buy in Amarillo.

It died 3 MONTHS later. Manufacturer has the circuit board BACKORDERED with no ETA! In other words, they don't have it and don't know when...

Best Buy manager Pio Sean Medina basically told me too bad so sad.

No help with the manufacturer, no returns, no in-store credit.

Then told me I needed to leave his store! Spent $800 in his store and tough ***.

Honest4Sure

"You" wanting it replaced is not the plan YOU purchased. There would have to be 3 repairs of the SAME issue for a "replacement" to take place.

That replacement, btw, would be depreciated.

congratulations. By purchasing their "black tie" plan, you added the equivalent of 10 years of stress to your life.

Sorry to hear this "too often" complaint. Here is a tip for the future:

This month's issue of CONSUMER REPORTS, Dec 2012, rates retailers on some criteria, Best Buy online rates at the bottom and their stores rate near the bottom. This is on page 25.

Sorry to hear this "too often" complaint. Here is a tip for the future:

Its funny how these Best Buy employees (mostly all teenagers) try to defend their less than honest company. There have been so many PROVEN deceptions that States'Attorneys had to get involved.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

File your complaints with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection and continue to post on websites like this. Then send copies of the comments to the State'sAttorney's Office.

some ignorant information here. bb's warranties are backed by a 3rd party insurance company much like circuit city's were.

following their written policies is what they're supposed to be doing. It's written for a reason.

The service plan is not a replacement plan. If you had a problem with the plan, why did you buy it? You will not and should not be getting a replacement.

nikalseyn

You thought wrongly. Best Buy is no longer a "best buy." They no longer have any semblance of customer service.

As an aside, I would be very wary of purchasing an extended warranty thru them. They are apparently on the *** of bankrupcty which would make your extended warranty worthless.

Best Buy Reviews