562 Fry Rd, Greenwood, IN 46142, USA

I had a Viper security system installed in my 1967 Chevelle at the Greenwood Indiana Best Buy Store. About two months after that I had to do some work on my car which required removing the batterys from the car that did not involve the security system.

After the work was completed and the battery was re-installed into the car I tried to start the car and it would not start. after making sure that I had not disconnected anything on accident I tried to start the car again and it still would not start. At that point I chose to go to the Best Buy store to see if there was something with the Viper system that might be keeping it from starting. They told me that disconnecting the battery from the car caused the Viper system to "not know what to do" and keep the car from starting until the Best Buy technician to "reflash" the system so it would allow the car to start again.

So the car has to be towed to the Best Buy store which will cost me $75 for them to do this. Of course Best Buy management at the store won't do anything to help. I have tried to find out who their superiors are but they will not give out that info. I was told to contact customercare@bestbuy.com but that doesn't lead you to anyway to contact anyone who might help.

Very frustrated, Best Buy Customer service sucks. I was never told that this would happen if I take the battery out of my car.

I store my car for the winter every year and remove the battery for charging when I do this. If I would have known I wouldn't have put this on my car.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Customer Care.

Reason of review: product education.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Pros: Original offered price.

Best Buy Cons: Warranty and refund policy.

Comments