Bloomington, IL 61704
Verified Reviewer

I purchase an Samsung 70" TV on 11/28/2019. I was standing 4 hours in

Cold outside Best Buy Bloomington IL store to grab this Samsung 70"

TV.

When we installed the TV at home, we found that screen has Black, Blue, Purple lines.

There is no external damage to TV or Box. I talked to Best Buy through phone, they said that I have to exchange this through store ONLY because this was In-store purchase.

I took TV back to same store on 12/5/2019 to exchange/return. I explained the screen issue to store staff and was expecting exchange. The store staff DECLINED the return/exchange because there is some internal damage to screen which we cannot see from eyes.

I repeat there is no crack or any external damage to TV/Screen which you can see. There is some internal damage to screen &;;;;;;;;;;; Staff started blaming that we did it while installing the TV. How can we press the screen in such a way that it is NOT broken from outside but something happened inside? We never Test whether TV is working properly when it leaves the store to Customer.

The internal damage could have been caused with any of multiple reasons like manufacturer handling, transit, Store handling, shipping, packing, etc.

They DONT test when they give it to customer.

How can I be penalized for the same? I am an ex Elite Plus customer

and Best Buy was always my one stop shop for all electronics needs.

Staff suggested me to talk to Best Buy Corporate & if they approves then he will gladly accept return/exchange. So now customer who is in person in Best Buy store has to go through multiple calls with Best Buy Customer Service to get someone from Corporate on call & explain him the situation.

So I called Best buy corporate from store itself. There was 51 minutes of wait.

I decided to wait because I was NOT happy with the way I was treated at the store. I was able to get hold of someone from Corporate department & explain her the situation. She asked me to handover the phone to store staff which I did. They both spoke something & the in store staff disconnected the phone.

Yes he disconnected the phone which took an hour to get connected to right person.

I asked store staff what was the resolution provided by corporate & he said he is NOT comfortable telling to me and want

me to work with them ONLY. There is NO way for me to get the same

representative again on call without spending hours on call.

Now I am no where and back to square one.

:( :(

Store kept the TV in store & did NOT exchange/returned it.

I called multiple times to Best Buy corporate to understand what was

the resolution provided but no one was able to help. All I am getting

is, you will need to contact Sore Manager to proceHorrible ss exchange/refund.

Comments

Machele

I hope you paid with a credit card. If so, dispute the charge.

If you paid with a debit card or with check or cash, you have to deal with Samsung and it's warranty on it.

That's why products come with a manufacturer's warranty. And, of course strike BB off your list of places to shop.

Best Buy Reviews