State: San Jose Product: Best Buy Credit Card Clear all filters (1 of 57 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Best Buy in San Jose, San Jose - Pre-ordering doesn't mean squat!!

I was among one of the first to Pre-order the new Nexus 7, even in advance of the official announcement date from Google. Fast forward 5 days before the launch and I get an update saying that my pre-order has been backordered. The whole point of pre-ordering is to ensure shipment at or even prior to the launch date so that the early birds who pre-ordered have a reserved copy. Obviously, Best Buy is widely incompetent in handling their inventory management. I am a logistics professional and this kind of behavior from a national retail chain store with its level of recognition is embarrassingly unacceptable. Either that or the company intentionally oversold on pre-orders, knowing that they are screwing over people but doing it anyway to get traffic into their site/stores. On top of that, this experience tied up funds on my credit card that I could have otherwise used towards a more responsible retailer. Never again will I be eager to give you business Best Buy.
Review