Update added by user May 16
Best Buy refused to address the issue, claiming ice maker was not under the warranty.Samsung stepped up and sent a Samsung repairman who diagnosed problem as an air leak.
This should have been covered under the Best Buy warranty. Samsung refunded my money, but I am still pissed at Best Buy and will never go back there. Let the buyer beware of those warranties they sell.
I spent at least 6 weeks working on this problem with emails, blogs, phone calls, posts, etc.Thanks to Samsung for finally making it right.
Update added by user Apr 16
Best Buy resolution and service request are burdensome and require constant attention and aggravation.
Original review posted by user Apr 15
My 1 year old Samsung refrigerator has a broken ice maker.The refrigerator cost me $3000 and I bought a 5 year warranty.
Best Buy has scheduled 4 repair visits, but none of them were successful.. They will not give me a replacement or provide timely assistance. I feel like they cannot fix it, but are hoping I will just give up and go away. I could write a book of excuses they have given me.
One repair man was extremely nice and gave me his cell number. He came back and tried to fix it, but was unsuccessful. Eventually he sent request back to Best Buy who sent a different repair man. The new repair man said he did not like to do work that prior repair companies had already done incorrectly.
He walked out and called his boss. Nothing was done, except he wants to talk to Best Buy about shipping parts.
I have already received 3 boxes of parts and a new ice maker.It still does not work.
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
- I stopped shopping at best buy
- Ease of purchase
What I disliked
- Lack of care for customers
- Bad service after purchase
- Unwilling to repair or replace defective product
You May Also Like
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "My 2013 Explorer tires look like this please explain to me why I need to pay full price let alone anything at all for that matter to replace these tires..."
- "My yoshi blade handle broke Will you send me a new one please..."
- " As the owner of a *** FR RV, [not made anymore] we have had our share of problems. The main issue are the junk Chinese tires FR..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."