Update added by user May 16, 2016
Best Buy refused to address the issue, claiming ice maker was not under the warranty.Samsung stepped up and sent a Samsung repairman who diagnosed problem as an air leak.
This should have been covered under the Best Buy warranty. Samsung refunded my money, but I am still pissed at Best Buy and will never go back there. Let the buyer beware of those warranties they sell.
I spent at least 6 weeks working on this problem with emails, blogs, phone calls, posts, etc.Thanks to Samsung for finally making it right.
Update added by user Apr 16, 2016
Best Buy resolution and service request are burdensome and require constant attention and aggravation.
Original review posted by user Apr 15, 2016
My 1 year old Samsung refrigerator has a broken ice maker.The refrigerator cost me $3000 and I bought a 5 year warranty.
Best Buy has scheduled 4 repair visits, but none of them were successful.. They will not give me a replacement or provide timely assistance. I feel like they cannot fix it, but are hoping I will just give up and go away. I could write a book of excuses they have given me.
One repair man was extremely nice and gave me his cell number. He came back and tried to fix it, but was unsuccessful. Eventually he sent request back to Best Buy who sent a different repair man. The new repair man said he did not like to do work that prior repair companies had already done incorrectly.
He walked out and called his boss. Nothing was done, except he wants to talk to Best Buy about shipping parts.
I have already received 3 boxes of parts and a new ice maker.It still does not work.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- I stopped shopping at best buy
- Ease of purchase
What I disliked
- Lack of care for customers
- Bad service after purchase
- Unwilling to repair or replace defective product
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA. It was on a clearance sale and was $499. I waited a few days..."
- "Best Buy advertised a free Xbox 360 with a purchase of a PC. We were so excited as we thought we qualified with our PC purchase. However, there..."
- "On June 30th I had placed an order for a Samsung Refrigerator via bestbuy.com, due to some reasons I had to call the customer service rep to finish my order...."
- "Went to look for a new vehicle and ran into a violent registered sex offender as the car salesman. After such I made it known that I was displeased with..."
- "we bought an entire house of new windows from Lowe's in 2008. We paid a great deal of money for hurricane impact windows. One of the picture windows has developed..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "Four ( 4 )times tried to submit a warranty claim on sagging Sealy Posturepedic Kingsgate Firm Pillow mattress that I bought at Mattress one. Fill out form with uploaded pictures..."
- "My yoshi blade handle broke Will you send me a new one please..."
- "My 2013 Explorer tires look like this please explain to me why I need to pay full price let alone anything at all for that matter to replace these tires..."