Best Buy - Repair Service Excuses

158 of 2423 Best Buy reviews

Update added by user May 16

Best Buy refused to address the issue, claiming ice maker was not under the warranty.Samsung stepped up and sent a Samsung repairman who diagnosed problem as an air leak.

This should have been covered under the Best Buy warranty. Samsung refunded my money, but I am still pissed at Best Buy and will never go back there. Let the buyer beware of those warranties they sell.

I spent at least 6 weeks working on this problem with emails, blogs, phone calls, posts, etc.Thanks to Samsung for finally making it right.

Update added by user Apr 16

Best Buy resolution and service request are burdensome and require constant attention and aggravation.

Original review posted by user Apr 15

My 1 year old Samsung refrigerator has a broken ice maker.The refrigerator cost me $3000 and I bought a 5 year warranty.

Best Buy has scheduled 4 repair visits, but none of them were successful.. They will not give me a replacement or provide timely assistance. I feel like they cannot fix it, but are hoping I will just give up and go away. I could write a book of excuses they have given me.

One repair man was extremely nice and gave me his cell number. He came back and tried to fix it, but was unsuccessful. Eventually he sent request back to Best Buy who sent a different repair man. The new repair man said he did not like to do work that prior repair companies had already done incorrectly.

He walked out and called his boss. Nothing was done, except he wants to talk to Best Buy about shipping parts.

I have already received 3 boxes of parts and a new ice maker.It still does not work.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Ease of Use
Style and Design

• What I liked
    • I stopped shopping at best buy
    • Ease of purchase
  • What I disliked
    • Lack of care for customers
    • Bad service after purchase
    • Unwilling to repair or replace defective product

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #830235 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Best Buy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
158 of 2423 Best Buy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Best Buy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Best Buy.
Filing a new complaint about
×