3.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

On December 21, 2017, I ordered Compustar - CS4202-S-KIT 2-Way Remote Start System with Tilt Switch and Geek Squad® Installation from an online email I received from Best Buy Deal of the Day. The following week I received an email that part of my order had been delivered to the store and I needed to pick it up.

I went to the local store a few days later and an associate at the store told me that I did not need to pick it up since it was an install and I could wait for the other piece to come in , that he would extend the date until the install day so that the products would be there for the install. Last week I got an email stating that the second part of the order had arrived at the store and if I didn’t pick it up they were going to put the order back in stock and refund my money. I called the store to ask them if they could extend the time until the day of install which was scheduled for today January 17 at 2:15 PM , and the associate told me no , that there was no way to extend it and that I needed to come and pick the order up or they would put the product back in stock and issue a refund to my credit card. Therefore, I proceeded to the store one day last week and picked up my order and brought it home with me.

Today I went to the store for my install appointment at 2:15 PM Geek Squad confirmation code GSRS2-f2a38255. When I got to the store I was informed by an associate that the person doing my install was not there. The associate said that the person didn’t show up for work, didn’t call ,and they did not know where he was. I think that somebody in the store should have picked up the installs that were scheduled for today and contacted the customers to tell us that the installs could not be done today because the associate that does the installs was not at the store.

I spoke with an associate manager and he reschedule my installation for next Thursday the 25th ,which I think is too late since I have already waited so long. I also think that I should be compensated for my time and trouble . I came out in the snow and ice today and this install has been a problem through the whole process. I’m 60 years old and never have I been treated by a retail store in such an unprofessional way.

I was in retail sales most of my life and I never would have even dreamed of treating a customer in this manner. I also had seriously considered purchasing a back up camera and monitor from Best Buy, but now I’m having my doubts if this is the way customers are treated at this store. Thank you for your time.

Your prompt attention and response to this email would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Greg Wolfe gwolfe76@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Remote Start System Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Price.

I didn't like: Entire experience.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 17.

Comments