Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Update by user Aug 07, 2021

On 8/6/21, I called and was told the warranty was attached to the dryer, not the washer. This was a mistake by Best Buy, I clearly told them I wanted the warranty on the washer.

Most everyone knows washers fail far more often and are more expensive to fix. I thought this would be a simple fix, but no. Next I was transferred 4 times. I finally spoke to a supervisor who was rude and told me to search for the SKU on BestBuy.com.

Even when I did that, it just listed the various items the SKU could be attached to (including the washer and the dryer). Next I submitted an online complaint through Best Buy's forum, and after exchanging several email from Scott, he told me he was done and would not respond to future posts.

I've been a very loyal customer to Best Buy, they were my first choice for large electronics and appliances. But this really gets under my skin.

Original review updated by user Aug 07, 2021

Three years ago we spent over 3K on a washer/dryer from Best Buy. We purchased a Geek Squad Protection on the washer, which is listed as "Laundry GSP" on the receipt.

I called yesterday for service and spent hours being transferred, only to be told the plan is for the dryer, not the washer. Online forum did not resolve either.

Best Buy refuses to honor the warranty. I do not recommend Best Buy, nor do I recommend their Geek Squad Protection.

User's recommendation: Do not shop at Best Buy, do not buy Geek Squad Protection.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Best Buy Pros: Pleasant sales person.

Best Buy Cons: Did not honor warranty.

Comments