Hightstown, New Jersey

In mid-December 2012 I purchased an iPod speaker dock for $99 as a Christmas gift. I wrapped it as soon as I brought it home and when it was unwrapped on Christmas Day, there was no speaker dock in the box.

There was only the AC adapter and the manual. I went back to the store the next day and attempted to return it but they refused, saying they weren't allowed to accept incomplete merchandise for return. I contacted Best Buy by phone twice over the next month. Each time they apologized for the problem and assured me that they would send me a return label within a week.

None ever arrived. I then disputed the charge through my credit card company and just last week they told me that Best Buy refused to allow them to refund my money, since they insist that the package was complete when I bought it, which of course, it was not.

I'm furious at being accused of theft by a company that I've patronized many times over the years.

It's appalling to me that a retailer would mistreat a customer over a paltry $99 purchase. If this is Hubert Joly's idea of turning his company around I suggest he rethink that strategy.

Comments

It's not up to Best Buy to decline a chargeback, your bank makes that decision.

Best Buy Reviews