Verified Reviewer

3.6

To ReCap:

I was told I'd be dropping my device off for the Geek Squad to perform the requested service (a reset with parental controls/limits added to my daughter's chromebook) (without me) and absolutely loved that idea.

Instead, the agent power washed the Chromebook and sent me home with 5-6 pages of instruction on how to do set it up myself - then told me it was "not actually a service offered by the Geek Squad".

I left but called the 1800 GS (Geek Squad) number who made a return appointment to the same local BB store to give them one more chance to fix the issue. At that appointment, Feb 18 - a different agent did help me.

Two agents in fact.

The services I'm receiving as a Total Tech Elite Customer are not what I expected when I signed up for it. I've had to call many times when attempting to GET that support, no matter what time of day. I haven't gotten the support requested more than once and more often that not get transferred from one department to the next in one call.

However, I can absolutely say the 2 in store agents, Stephanie and Tom, were professional, informative and helpful. They did not allow me to drop off the device and fix it but they walked me through the process, doing the majority of what I'd asked for, and seemed to genuinely care about the problems I'd had with the company overall.

I think it must be mentioned, Best Buy recently (only in the last month) changed their policy Nationwide regarding how their phones are answered, how a customer contacts their local BB associates (impossible now to do ) and has, in my opinion, made their commitment to CUSTOMER service much more a commitment to COMPANY service.

The concept of Geek Squad is nearly priceless in value for those of us who are technically challenged.

I gladly pay for such a service. But that's not at all what's given.

I can't help but wonder why they are putting LESS employees on the floor, resorting to untrained phone operators and providing inconvenience, rather than support to customers still willing to go to brick and mortar stores over the ever easier on line way of shopping.

I hope the management/owners of this company wake up before it's too late.

st

Gina

User's recommendation: Before you buy, ask if there is any way to contact the salesperson once you leave. Call any numbers provided to you to make sure you are able to actually reach someone with those numbers. If you have difficult with email, etc - and can only communicate through email - how does that work? And finally, if they are offering 24/7 tech support - be sure you understand there may be a number to call 24/7 - whether someone that can and will help you answers is not guaranteed.

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado