Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3.3

I bought a Samsung LED 32" tv for my business as a Open Box/Returned item online. I didn't need it immediately so it sat for some time.

When we pulled it out of the box and installed it, we were shocked to find a cracked screen which made the unit worthless. The screen couldn't render any images. I brought it to my local store in a suburb of Milwaukee and the manager told me they couldn't do anything for me. I simply wanted a working tv - even exchange.

He suggested that I call their online customer support but didn't think they would do anything. $300 down the drain and a very unsettling experience.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Even exchange for a working unit..

Best Buy Cons: Customer service and damaged product.

Comments

Jonerik

Agreed. There is no way for Best Buy to know how you stored it or what happened to it in that span of 'some time'.

That is why new or used as soon as you get an item take it out of the box and check it so if anything is wrong it can be fixed right away.

Otherwise there is no way to prove you didn't break it yourself. Not saying you did, just that there is no way to prove that to Best Buy, small claims court or anyone else.

It was on open box/return.. You should have verified it was working when you got it home.

Look at it through Best Buy's eyes, I buy a TV, MONTHS later I come in and say it is cracked. If I were in that situation, I would have thought "you broke it", since you have had it for quite a bit of time.

Best Buy Reviews