155 Los Altos Pkwy, Sparks, NV 89436, USA
Resolved
2.4
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Dec 26, 2017

It was not resolved and I will not request any additional assistance from Best Buy mgmt. My purchasing decisions will now be left to product research resulting in online purchases after the fact.

Original review posted by user Nov 25, 2017

Thanksgiving day, Nov. 23, the store opened at 5pm for a pre- black Friday sale.

For over a week I had planned on attending to purchase a Western Digital 8TB external drive for the sale price of $129. Walked in, went directly to the HDD aisle. Another guy was there also for the same thing holding the ad in hand. I look on the shelf and there are no drives at that price.

Instead they had 4 WD 8TB ext. drives but at $159. I turn to look at the other guy and an employee comes down the aisle to talk to the guy and states "I still cannot find the drive but I'll keep looking" and he walks away. I then asked the guy if he was there for the same 8TB drive and he says yes however "none seems to be in the store".

I waited until the employee returned to update the guy and he then indicated there were no drives in the store. Huh? I asked him why not? He gave me a meek explanation about how the stock may still be in the back and the only one available is a different SKU so he cannot give it to me at the discounted price.

I said then why would you advertise the availability of this drive but not make it available in anticipation of a sale that literally thousands of people would leave their family dinners on thanksgiving to come to bcuz of the advertisement? He apologized but said they do not have it. I said this sounds like "bait and switch" tactics to me. I went ahead and purchased the more expensive drive but left with the Manager telling me "Happy Thanksgiving".

I was pretty upset and realized that i could've waited until cyber- Monday and purchased the drive online. At least Amazon will honor their advertisements.

Unfortunately as a regular customer of Best Buy, I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon. This was wrong, period and with nothing to do, I had to accept it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Deal.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments