1.9

I bought a Lenovo desktop a little over 3 years ago and did actually purchase the 3 year warranty. During the last part of year 1 and the beginning of year 2 I had to bring my computer in and they replaced the motherboard and 6 weeks later replace the hard drive .

Both times they had to send it to Memphis for the repairs so I had over 1 month without the use of my computer. At that time, I asked for an extension of my warranty for the time that they had my computer and I was told by the Geek Squad guy that it was a Lenovo warranty and they could not extend it. When I got home I checked and it was actually a Best Buy (in house) warranty. This year, on the last day of my original warranty, my computer crashed again.

I made a special trip and made sure it got to their store on that date. I was called the next day and was told they had to ship the computer off again and it has now been over 4 weeks and they have not attempted to contact me at all!

I also talked to a local computer repair person and they said to never buy from Best Buy! Most of their computers are refurbished.

At this point, I would think I should be able to get my money back. My husband of 33+ y;ears says that if I ever buy anything from Best Buy again he will divorce me!

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Best Buy Pros: People i worked with at the fargo store seemed helpful.

Comments