Mount Laurel, New Jersey

I ordered a $2,000 3-D Sharpe television online. After it shipped, but did not arrive within the stated time, I checked the tracking number and found that it was a link to Yellow Freight delivery and that Yellow Freight had no record of the delivery. I contacted Best Buy over 4 times, and not one customer service person could give me an update on the shipment. They simply told me that they had no information and that Special Delivery department would call me when they figured out the problem. Of course, no call was ever forthcoming.

Out of desperation, I began plugging the tracking number into other delivery company's tracking systems. To my shock, it showed up on Pilot Freight. After calling Pilot, I found that my item was sitting in a warehouse near my home and that Pilot had a "bad phone number" on file provided by Best Buy and could not deliver the item. I had provided my phone number to Best Buy on two occassions. (I'm still unsure why they need a phone number when they had my address, but I digress...)

Anyways, my gripe is this: my credit card was charged and then the television shipped and then lost. Nobody at Best Buy could tell me anything useful, and nobody cared about the status of my item. They would simply tell me that it was up to their Special Delivery unit, and that someone would have to call me back. Of course, I spent eight days waiting, but to no avail. If I hadn't gotten lucky, it would still be sitting in a warehouse, and I'd be fighting with Best Buy to get my money back. Pathetic.

Comments