Today I experienced some of the worst customer service I have ever received and by far the worst Best Buy I have ever been too. On Friday I went to this Best Buy looking for a laptop and after speaking to the employee I found one that I liked. It was marked clearance at $699.00 and it showed the regular price was $799.00. I told him that I was going to go home and research the computer and check the reviews and return Monday. I even asked what his name was so he would receive the sale when I returned. He never mentioned that the price would increase by this date. I would have purchased it that day if I had known.
When I returned on Monday to purchase the computer, the pricing was then marked “clearance” at $799.00, even though this was the regular price. Not only was it misleading to mark the regular price as clearance, the pricing online was much lower at $759.99. I spoke with a different employee and he stated they could not honor the price of $699.00 even after I told him I was not informed him of my discussion with the previous employee. He called the supervisor to confirm and they would not change it. He did tell me they would sell it for the online price, which I already knew change I could buy at that price especially since 1 minute before he remarked the pricing they had was wrong. They never did change the price tag so if another customer buys the computer I hope he checks the pricing online otherwise he is going to get ripped off.
After asking again if there was a way to reduce the pricing they mentioned that “open box” pricing would be a bit cheaper but that they did not have one available for that model. They did not offer to assist at looking at other stores and the whole time they acted as if I was wasting their time. I then looked online and saw that they had an open box model that was available at another store, but when I asked him if I could purchase that model he told me I should drive over to the store and that it wasn’t that far away. The store was an hour’s drive away and at that point I had already been there for an hour and a half.
I knew talking with anyone in that store would just be a bigger waste of time, so I called best buy’s customer service and they were very helpful. They found a store close by my house that carried one of the open box models and took my order. This was in a span of 10 minutes.
On another note one of the employees I spoke with made a rude comment about a group of customers that asked a question while we were speaking. Their English was limited and I could tell they did not realize we were in the middle of anything. After that I knew I would never step foot in the League City branch again.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Ease of Use|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Customer service via phone
What I disliked
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA. It was on a clearance sale and was $499. I waited a few days..."
- "Visited your store on 8/27/14 had an associate assist me in looking for a power station. She took me over. I saw most expensive power station were on the top...."
- "I just had the most awful customer service interaction with A customer service representative on the phone. I purchased a Apple Watch for a family ..."
- "Went to look for a new vehicle and ran into a violent registered sex offender as the car salesman. After such I made it known that I was displeased with..."
- "Horrible customer service, don't buy here, save yourselfs some grieve. After being told to take the machine apart, see where the leak was coming from, take pictures, video, then they..."
- "the watch has a bad movement and send it back for repair, called several times to know about the status of the watch, every time I was told a different..."
- "In June I paid $290 to Orangeberry Book Tours to help promote my new book release. I was supposed to receive multiple things for this money, including 60 reviews for..."
- "My phone is completely shattered. I dropped it when I was getting out of the car. I didn't sign up or register my phone with lifeproof so now I have..."
- " This is in League City Texas. Yes he does have a handicap plaque. But he has been asked not park there by his corporate office but he's a inconsiderate..."