Today I experienced some of the worst customer service I have ever received and by far the worst Best Buy I have ever been too. On Friday I went to this Best Buy looking for a laptop and after speaking to the employee I found one that I liked. It was marked clearance at $699.00 and it showed the regular price was $799.00. I told him that I was going to go home and research the computer and check the reviews and return Monday. I even asked what his name was so he would receive the sale when I returned. He never mentioned that the price would increase by this date. I would have purchased it that day if I had known.
When I returned on Monday to purchase the computer, the pricing was then marked “clearance” at $799.00, even though this was the regular price. Not only was it misleading to mark the regular price as clearance, the pricing online was much lower at $759.99. I spoke with a different employee and he stated they could not honor the price of $699.00 even after I told him I was not informed him of my discussion with the previous employee. He called the supervisor to confirm and they would not change it. He did tell me they would sell it for the online price, which I already knew change I could buy at that price especially since 1 minute before he remarked the pricing they had was wrong. They never did change the price tag so if another customer buys the computer I hope he checks the pricing online otherwise he is going to get ripped off.
After asking again if there was a way to reduce the pricing they mentioned that “open box” pricing would be a bit cheaper but that they did not have one available for that model. They did not offer to assist at looking at other stores and the whole time they acted as if I was wasting their time. I then looked online and saw that they had an open box model that was available at another store, but when I asked him if I could purchase that model he told me I should drive over to the store and that it wasn’t that far away. The store was an hour’s drive away and at that point I had already been there for an hour and a half.
I knew talking with anyone in that store would just be a bigger waste of time, so I called best buy’s customer service and they were very helpful. They found a store close by my house that carried one of the open box models and took my order. This was in a span of 10 minutes.
On another note one of the employees I spoke with made a rude comment about a group of customers that asked a question while we were speaking. Their English was limited and I could tell they did not realize we were in the middle of anything. After that I knew I would never step foot in the League City branch again.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Ease of Use|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Customer service via phone
What I disliked
You May Also Like
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "My wife and I were told on Saturday the day we ordered our Washer & Dryer the soonest we could get our appliances would be by having them delivered Monday since..."
- "I went into Best Buy today and took in my Mini to be bought back for in store credit towards an Retina MacBook Pro. It was in BEAUTIFUL condition. Yesterday..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."
- "HORRIBLE!!! NEW HOME. CANT LIVE IN. SHODDY CRAFTSMANSHIP. Don't oversee their carpenters. Paint all over wood floor. Drywall through terrible. Give you to a CUSTOMER CARE REP, OURS, RON BANKS...."
- " This is in League City Texas. Yes he does have a handicap plaque. But he has been asked not park there by his corporate office but he's a inconsiderate..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."