Poor Customer Service - Best Buy League City, TX

65 of 2423 Best Buy reviews

Today I experienced some of the worst customer service I have ever received and by far the worst Best Buy I have ever been too. On Friday I went to this Best Buy looking for a laptop and after speaking to the employee I found one that I liked. It was marked clearance at $699.00 and it showed the regular price was $799.00. I told him that I was going to go home and research the computer and check the reviews and return Monday. I even asked what his name was so he would receive the sale when I returned. He never mentioned that the price would increase by this date. I would have purchased it that day if I had known.

When I returned on Monday to purchase the computer, the pricing was then marked “clearance” at $799.00, even though this was the regular price. Not only was it misleading to mark the regular price as clearance, the pricing online was much lower at $759.99. I spoke with a different employee and he stated they could not honor the price of $699.00 even after I told him I was not informed him of my discussion with the previous employee. He called the supervisor to confirm and they would not change it. He did tell me they would sell it for the online price, which I already knew change I could buy at that price especially since 1 minute before he remarked the pricing they had was wrong. They never did change the price tag so if another customer buys the computer I hope he checks the pricing online otherwise he is going to get ripped off.

After asking again if there was a way to reduce the pricing they mentioned that “open box” pricing would be a bit cheaper but that they did not have one available for that model. They did not offer to assist at looking at other stores and the whole time they acted as if I was wasting their time. I then looked online and saw that they had an open box model that was available at another store, but when I asked him if I could purchase that model he told me I should drive over to the store and that it wasn’t that far away. The store was an hour’s drive away and at that point I had already been there for an hour and a half.

I knew talking with anyone in that store would just be a bigger waste of time, so I called best buy’s customer service and they were very helpful. They found a store close by my house that carried one of the open box models and took my order. This was in a span of 10 minutes.

On another note one of the employees I spoke with made a rude comment about a group of customers that asked a question while we were speaking. Their English was limited and I could tell they did not realize we were in the middle of anything. After that I knew I would never step foot in the League City branch again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Asus 2 In 1 Laptop Model Q504Uabbi5T12
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #921865 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Best Buy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
65 of 2423 Best Buy reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.