Concord, New Hampshire

I ordered a microwave from the web site because the product I wanted was unavailable in local stores. It was shipped promptly, but had been damaged in shipment (the bottom was smashed in). I'd have probably not accepted it when delivered because the box showed signs of abuse. But, the UPS guy just left it in my open garage and left. After a half hour or so on hold before getting to speak to a rep, a replacement was shipped the next day and pickup of the damaged microwave scheduled.

After installing the replacement I found that it too was defective. The clock and fan worked, but the microwave would not start; the door was mounted crooked and the interior light would not turn off.

After another half hour or so on hold I managed to get to speak to a rep and was told that they could not ship a replacement until the defective unit was received for evaluation. I was told that this is system protocol that could not be overridden.

Customer service reps were polite and sympathetic.

It seems to me that Best Buy's policy is very poor on this count. Here I have been seriously inconvenienced with the receipt of two defective items and now will have to wait another two weeks to get what will hopefully be a working microwave. Granted that neither product was the fault of Best Buy, but as the supplier they should be bending over backward to please a customer.

Comments