Best buy's protection plan is the worst ever!!!!!

I just upgraded my phone with best buy and had best buy's black tie protection, which had $0 deductible, but they changed the protection plan to geek squad and now there is $150 deductible, it is what it is, all the companies that I have seen have deductibles so no problem there. However most protection plans overnight replacement phones, so customers don't have to be without for extended periods of time. I went to best buy on Tuesday Dec 24th and was given ETA of Friday, 12/27. I was not told that due to Christmas, it may take a little longer, but one day longer I would totally understand. I call on the day it was supposed to be delivered and was told that there was a scheduled delivery for the 30th, Monday!!!!! Are you kidding me, the worst customer service ever!!!! I understand I dropped my phone and paid to have it replaced, but the fact that Best buy is using UPS ground is ridiculous!!!!! Take your money to Asurion and pay 6.99/month and pay $40 more to have phone overnighted.
Review
i have an extended warranty by best buy for 2 years. The computer stopped working the evening of december 7th. the store was closed. So I called them on December 8th promptly. They informed me that my warranty expired on december 7th. The store was closed. The computer...
NICEONE2150

if I buy an extended warranty for the broken computer they will then fix it. The cost of the warranty is $219.

How could any honest company let you buy a warranty on a broken computer and then cover it for breakage.Best buy is a dishonest company. They can not be trusted. Just the fact they want to do this is dishonest. I refused.

They said they would give me a free estimate to fix it. Stay away from Best buy. They are in financial difficulties and will certainly be out of business. Save your complaint and paperwork.

Soner or later there will be a class action lawsuit against best buy and you can join in on it. Best buy is a desperate retailer trying to save its self by being dishonest.

View more comments