I purchased a new 55 in VIZIO TV from your store in the Plymouth Meeting Multiplex on July 3, 2013. After researching I finally settled on this Vizio TV along with a Home Sound sytem and a TV stand spending well over $2,000. HOWEVER AFTER THE PAPERS WERE SIGNED AND...
Sarahmarie

Some people obsess over having it fresh out of the box. Person was getting a couple hundred if not thousand dollar upgrade but because it wasn't in a box refused it.

As for delivery I'm sorry, but if even one piece of the order is out of stock then the whole order will wait to be delivered. They don't make multiple trips.

I always ask when it will be delivered before making a purchase.

View more comments

Without a stove for 5 days thanks to best buy

Bought a stove on 7/13/13 and had to wait until 7/23 for delivery. The conversion kit and manual was missing upon delivery. The install people said to contact the store for the part. They took our old stove with us believing the problem would be resolved within 24hrs. Needless to say it hasn't been resolved yet on day 3 without a stove. I went to the store yesterday to pick up the missing kit and spoke to the store manager. No help whatsoever! He said he would call installation and " fast track" the date for installation. I call today and find out that never happened. No reschedule date was made. I ask for the district managers info so I can file a complaint. Well apparently this company isn't allowed to give out his info. I have worked retail for 20 years and never heard of such nonsense. I will never buy from Best Buy again! To think that they basically won't take a valid complaint and help resolve quickly. They tell me I have to wait till Friday for the installation that should have been done Monday! I will have gone 5 days without a stove by that time! They shouldn't have taken my old working stove if it was going to take this long.
Service
Best Buy Installation
Tags
  • Stove major appliance

BEST BUY STORE IN PLYMOUTH MEETING, PA

BEWARE: If you purchase a large scree TV at BEST BUY, in the PLYMOUTH MEETING, MULTIPLEX, be ready to WAIT almost four weeks for your installation! YES you a have a four week installation wait. THEY DON'T tell you this until after you pay and ASK! I not only purchased this 55 in TV, but the sound bar and speakers, along with the TV wooden cabinet. The manager I spoke with was also USELESS and spouted the company is very busy at this time. I responded saying that I was Happy to hear you are selling so many TV.... so then why doesn't BEST BUY HIRE MORE INSTALLERS? Best buy seems to be run as a small MOM and POP Store! I will never deal with this store again.
Service
Best Buy Installation
Purchased 2 ipad3 in November 2012, one worked fine and one stopped holding a charge. I paid for a warranty for both of them. After speeding a week trying to back the broken one up, I take it back to Best Buy. Yea they basically told me I could get an iPad 2 or pay...
Sheldon

Nothing in any store last forever, especially when we talking about Apple products. Probably should have bought them at a regular Apple store or something.

View more comments
Loss

Best Buy Springfield PA: Don't go!

Never again will I go to Best Buy of Springfield PA for anything! The incompetence of the staff is unbelievable. Is it too much to ask that they know their stock - where it is, how it works, what extra items one might need to make it work? Yeah I guess it is too much. One trip is always two ... the second to return the wrong thing and search for the right one. Cell phone charger? No problem you' d think. Just for an iPhone. I even knew the name of the charger I'd had before ... "rocket something" ("rocket fish") . Nope, the guy didn't know where chargers were, didn't know which other guy handled phone chargers, and I went home with a Belkin that didn't work. 1 trip = 2 trips. The xBox surround sound headphones? My poor kid researched it carefully on two separate trips. Asked all the right questions about batteries, chargers, extras. Except the idiots who sold it didn't know that ALL xBoxes aren't equipped to take the audio plug, some older ones need an HDMI adapter. Which they didn't sell us. And when my good kid waited on phone, afterward, at home with a nonfunctional device, to find out if they sold it and we could come back and get it ... he waited 10 minutes to get a customer rep who said ... ok ready for this? Said "maybe". Thanks Best Buy, for hiring people who are about as bad at the job as you could be. Maybe it's actors pretending to be electronics salespeople? And one actor pretending to be a good manager? Oh yes, and sometimes when you call them, the system just hangs up on you. Which is actually just as useful as talking to the service rep.

ok ... if you could read, you'd see that we DID check things out and came asking all the right questions. and got the wrong answers. oh mercy me ... guess it was our fault for believing that employees who worked at BestBuy who said they knew what we needed were wrong.

twice in one week. silly us.

thank you for telling me i'm supposed to look at my old xbox for a jack that you only learn you SHOULD have if you have ALREADY BOUGHT the new headphones, and read the manual.

that takes a time machine, dude ... go forward in time, buy new headphones with manual in box, go back in time and check for jack on old xbox... i'll just step into my time machine and ... oh wait ... don't have one.

i'm angry. does that surprise you? this site is called "pissed off consumer". if i wasn't pissed off, i would not have written. duh.

though *you* may be a pathetic loser and/or a bad dad, you're writing back to neither ... if i want to be pissed off by a moronic sales rep and tell people about it ... that's my right.

i tried to write to Best Buy. i was promised a reply in 3 days. let's see ... it's been about 9 days. more great service from the worst elecctronics store ever.

have a nice day!

Why don't you check your equipment before you come to the store then ask where the headphones are and see if any of them meet your needs. If you can't do things for yourself how is you kid suppose to learn how to solve his problems.

Patrick

well at least those associates can be happy that they're not a miserable loser and a pathetic father like you. you must beat your kid with how angry you sound.

you're so quick to judge, for all you know it was that one guys first day. and about the headphones.. seriously, calm down. it's not like everyone knows everything about everything.

it's not common sense to know that all Xbox's don't have that audio jack.

chill out and go get the necessary cords. people act is if retail employees are supposed to automatically know what the customers have at their house and know how it's setup.

Insignia TV *** | Best Buy review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Don't buy an Insignia TV if you have Comcast. The remote for Comcast that perfectly controls all of my Samsung and LG TV's won't function with Insignia. When you turn the TV off, it turns itself back on. Best Buy says just turn the TV off and quickly point the remote in another direction. This doesn't work either. I used to love Best Buy. I see why they are going broke. Try calling the store and see if you can find someone that possibly knows half as much as you do to answer a question. They have lost me.

How is it Best Buys fault that the Comcast remote will not work with the TV you bought. I agree you are a ***.

Just use the remote that came with the tv to contol the tv. Oh I forgot you are not that smart.

Patrick

so.. you bought a TV that ISN'T made by Best Buy but you're mad at them because you decided to buy the TV? well we now know that you're a *** ***.

Comcrap is horrible with their interoperability with other devices. Best advice - you can set your Comcrap remote to control the volume from the cable box. To turn your TV on or off, you will need to either use the remote that came with your TV or manually turn the TV on or off.

Loss

Best Buy workers are rude!

I went to Best Buy a few weeks ago with my boyfriend looking for a cable for my Zune, hoping they would still have them. As soon as I walked into the mp3 player area, a salesperson asked me if I needed help. I told him what i was looking for and he laughed! He said, and I quote "That's like... ancient!" He did look up in the Best Buy inventory but by this time I knew I would have more luck online. He said he had none, but he suggested that I BUY AN IPOD, and acting condescending the entire conversation. Seriously, someone comes in looking for a cable and you tell them to buy a whole new device? That's ridiculous. His attitude was very offensive.
Patrick

yeah, Regtable is pretty weird. especially after that last comment.

Regtable your weird....

regtable

Really, I didn't expect to be laughed at when I asked if they might have something left over in their inventory. The fact that I was looking for an outdated item in the hopes that I wouldnt have to order it online is irrelevant; what is relevant to my complaint and what you are overlooking is that the salesperson was a complete ***.

Patrick

I'm sure you're just exaggerating. but he had a point.

there's just times where an electronic doesn't sell all that great and it's tough to get things for it. then you're only choice is to switch to another product.

Really? Do you expect Best Buy to carry Betamax and 8-tracks too?

Would you think the employee was rude if he joked about the age of your Motorola Startac?

It sounds like the employee was trying to be friendly by referring to the age of your Zune (which only 10 people bought even when it was new). Get an iPod and join the 21st Century.

View more comments (4)
Review

Best Buy did not keep promises and lied to me mutiple times.

I ordered (Order number BBY01-443441001190) a ITUNES gift card(Digital Delivery) and pre order MLB 12 The Show for Playstation 3 on 2-15-12 around 830am from Best Buy online. It stated on the website that I would receive an email in 15 minutes for the itunes gift card instructions and verification code. I sent it to my girlfriends email address with no success 8 hours later. At 3pm EST I contacted Best Buy customer service. Well after being transferred 4 or 5 times I finally talked to Bonnie in the gift card dept. and she stated that my girlfriends email address is not valid (which I don't understand due to me being able to send her emails with no problem). I then asked it to be modified to my email address and she was able to do that. She then stated I will receive a email within 30 minutes with everything I needed. 30 minutes went and passed and still no email. I then contacted Best Buy back and spoke to John. John stated that the information Bonnie gave me was incorrect and that it takes 24 hours to receive such email. He then opened Case number 965-86-6001 for the issue and he stated that due to my troubles he would issue a 15 dollar credit on the Itunes purchase. He then PROMISED me that the email will be there within 24 hours. Well the next day no email after the 24 hour period. I then called three times and attempted to speak to someone in customer service. I received a prerecorded message that stated they were having large call volume and to try my call later and then the phone disconnected. I finally got through on the third time and spoke to Lorneeshia (Not sure on the spelling of that name) and she stated that she was unsure why I did not receive the email yet. I explained to her that I was upset and not too happy with service provided. I then requested to speak to her supervisor. She placed me in contact with customer service supervisor Shelley. She apologized for all the problems I was having and then PROMISED me that I would receive a email within 30 minutes with everything I needed. She also stated that I will receive a 20 dollar gift card in the mail. Well again 30 minutes came and went with still no email. I then attempted to contact customer service again and it took me 3 times again to reach someone. I spoke to a customer service agent and asked for a Shelley who is a customer service supervisor within the company. I talked to multiple people several times and they all stated they knew no one by that name. Therefore I believe I was given a false name by this said supervisor because the customer service person I was speaking with stated that the last person to post a update to my order was by the name of Pamela and not Shelley. I then asked to speak to the customer service supervisor at that time. I then spoke with Anqelique who stated that she was sorry for my problems. I then explained to her that a apology will not do due to the hassle I have went through. I then requested to cancel the order which Angelique stated "No I can't do that." I then told her that I will no longer do business with Best Buy and will go to Hhgregg for all my future electronic needs. I will never step foot inside of a Best Buy store or go on their website ever again. I then waited 20 minutes and I called back and attempted to cancel my order again. That is when I spoke to some rude customer service rep who wouldn't even state his name assist me. He stated that the whole order was cancelled so I thought everything was ok. Well when I received the cancellation email from Best Buy they stated that they just cancelled MLB 12 The Show Video Game and not the Itunes gift card. I then attempted to call the customer service dept several times with no success on getting this resolved. I am tired of being lied to by Best Buy. I will be sure to tell as many people as I can about this experience. Best Buy ruined my Valentines day experience and I will NEVER do business with them again.

Gift Card Department? I have never heard of any store including Best Buy having a gift card dept.

Also, I'm with the person who said video game and iTunes gift card? Maybe you should have not been so lazy and went into the store to purchase. Don't worry.

Losing your petty business isn't even a drop in the bucket. Thanks for doing my business a favor.

jeremy03ff

FYI they were valid email addresses

So a video game and a super low budget itunes card were your "valentines day experience" and not having them immediately ruined it for you? Why wouldn't you just order them beforehand if it was do precious???? Id10t.

It's not their fault you gave them bad email addresses.

Product
Best Buy Credit Card

Best Buy: Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced

I tried to used a Best Buy gift card. The amount of the products I wanted amounted to bit over the value of the card, so following the prompts on the web site, I allowed Best Buy to charge the tiny overage balance to my credit card. I received a confirmation e-mail saying the entire amount of my purchase had been charged to my credit card. I called customer service, and after 45 minutes of listening to insipid Christmas music, was informed that there was "nothing they could do." I asked for a supervisor. No satisfaction. I asked for his supervisor. He claimed that he could do nothing, despite the fact that it was their fault, and and when he asked if I had any questions, I asked for his name and his supervisor. He refused to tell me his name or the name of his supervisor. I pointed out that unauthorized charges to a credit card are illegal, and that gift cards are pointless if you can't use them. So sorry, that's too bad. I hung up, and called corporate headquarters. They sent me back to the place I began--unbelievable run-around. I was treated abusively, and I will never, ever, do business with Best Buy again. DO NOT buy Best Buy gift cards, do not trust this company, and NEVER EVER do business with them. There is a corporate culture of lying and deception that is nothing short of disgusting, and they deserve to to be treated by potential customers with same disdain they reserve for customers.

horrible company... i placed an order for store pickup and got an email that said it was ready for pickup.

when i got to the store they said it wasn't available. Of course my card had been charged. they said they would ship one to me when it becomes available but wouldn't waive the $3.99 shipping charge.

I canceled. Waiting for refund.

Instead of spending all day on the phone, why didn't you just cancel the transaction?

You could have just cancelled your order immediately. Then re-purchased correctly. You did something wrong during checkout.

Product
Best Buy Gift Card

Do not buy Frigidaire or go to Best Buy: refused to replace bad dryer first week purchased

Purchased washer & dryer for 86 year old mother and 5 year extended warranty.First time use the dryer ripped and tore at the cloths. Called BEST BUY within the first week and wanted the dryer replaced, Best Buy refused to replace it and instead sent a repair person to "fix" it. Had to resend repair man 3 times. 3 weeks later, dryer would not spin correctly.Repairman sent again. The digital control was not working properly. A repairman was sent again. Last month when dryer would not turn on and all the lights were blinking on panel. Called Best Buy repair and was told that it would cost $100 JUST TO LOOK AT IT and that warranty expired this past February, 2011. (No notices that warranty was expiring were sent). I scheduled $100 service call and drove to Pittsburgh from Philly to meet service person (mother is afraid to have a stranger in the house). Service person called 7am saying & without seeing dryer said "it is the digital panel and that will cost over $300 plus the cost of the visit to fix." BEST BUY refused to help or replace defective dryer in first week, even though we wanted a new dryer as paid for. Dryer should not have this MAJOR repair cost after a life of five years and very little use by an 86 year old woman! We wanted the dryer replaced the first week when we saw that it was not operating correctly. The only way this can be made right is if Best Buy repairs this dryer at no cost to my mother. From the first week of purchase this dryer did not operate correctly. All I keep being told is that "your 5 year warranty was up in February." No one is responding to the fact that the dryer did not function correctly from the first day we received it.

Please contact me directly in regards to your dissatisfaction on the product and your customer service received at the dealer location. I would like to review and see how we can further assist you directly.

Chris Polk