Pacific Kitchen viking Range | Best Buy review from Easton, Pennsylvania

Bought a top of the line Viking range from Best Buy(Pacific Kitchen). They do not know the product as it was the worst experience of my life.
Product
Viking Range Range
Cons
  • Was not honest
  • Poor management
  • No service
Reason of review
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution
Price reduction

BEST BUY has the worst customer service EVER!!!!

We purchased a dishwasher from the Whitehall, PA BEST BUY store, and they scheduled delivery for ten days later. I came home from work early to be there during the 5-9pm window they gave us. The appointment had been confirmed the day before, but no one came that evening to deliver and install our dishwasher, and no one called to tell us they weren't coming. After hours on the phone with the worst wait times (average 40 minutes) and most callous customer service people ever, we got it rescheduled. This time they wanted to come on a Saturday night. Oh well, we need a dishwasher, so we cancelled dinner plans and waited again for a 5-9 pm installation window. Again they confirmed the appointment the day before, and again no one showed up. Now when we call them, they either pretend they can't here us "hello? hello? we must have a bad connection" or they just hang up. Broken promises, impossible communication loop - it's like a bad dream and I can't wake up.
Best Buy Installation
Cons
  • Fail to keep promises
  • 2 failures to deliver and no notification
  • Lack of help
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Absolutely Ridiculous Customer Service | Best Buy review from Easton, Pennsylvania

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite a505 laptop online and since it wasnt available to pick up at any store near me i decided to drive 70 miles to get that laptop since i wanted to gift that to one of my closest friends who was going overseas next day. As per the online purchase thing i waited for 2 emails( first to confirm inventory and then second email confirming that product is ready for pick up). i drove an hour and half away to get to POTTSTOWN PA store. After waiting over 2 hours in the store and in those 2hours i was continuously told that there staff is looking for my laptop and also they have received the email and acknowledged it. Well u guessed it.... after 2 hours of wait the customer service girl came to me and said that i dont know how u handled to wait for this long if i would be at ur place i would have left by now but anyways u r gonna have to leave now anyways cuz they r telling me to tell u that we dont have it. I got pissed and asked WHO THEY and she said my manager and i said where is he himself. she went on to call a manager for me...... here we go again. 3 guys passed all wearing manager name tag but refused to talk and told the girl to call someone else. finally one SO CALLED MANAGER "CHRIS" came in to talk to me. Talk to me ......what the *** only to tell me that he cant do anything they dont have my laptop and since its an online order jut call 1888bestbuy to cancel my order. I asked him that i want to talk to the GM. he said he was the GM and he already told me what to do and he left. I held my anger back and left that store and called their SO Called CUSTOMER SERVICE..huh....after 3 times explaining my problem to 3 different people the fourth one was kind enough to atleast dont hang up on me and listened to what i wanted to say and went on explaining me that it happens sometimes that store doesnt have inventory. I said really so that means that ur online emails mentioning "checking inventory at store and then ready for pick up is all fake". Like wise he got trapped and didnt had anything to say. I said i need ur corporate number. he said that i can call anywhere i want but its not gonna make any difference and only thing he can do is to offer me a discounted price on a different model. I badly wanted a laptop so i looked on their website and gave him a different model. Found it in a different store and went to pick it up. Wish Would have never done this mistake again Went to pick up at the store only to find out that instead of getting a discounted price i have been overcharged. It was for $599 listed on the website and i was charged $699. don know how and don know why but it was there. called back and cancelled the whole order and came back home pissed to the extent u can imagine. I am really really looking for a way to file a complaint against this company. If anyone out there knows a way or knows any way that i can reach out to their CEO or anyone of same designation pls reach out to me at luvchatts@gmail.com. I would really really appreciate it.
Meldon R

If you're driving 2 hrs each way, you may want to call first. When it's all said and done, what did you want "Chris" to do?

*** you a laptop? He didn't have it, what did you want him to say?

"Chris" didn't email you. Get mad at yourself for not calling and the website people for having a *** inventory system.

I hope Sirrus doesnt work the P.R. for Best Buy.

You suck at it.

What did you resolve with that *** response.1 you admit your company is and was at fault. 2 instead of resolving and making things right for customer , you preach at what he should have done and try to make it the customers problem to deal with in your own known defects.Now the internet world knows how truly sorry your service is by your own admission .Yet you go even further giving the customer more runaround.Fix this..You Idiots.

Everett

I work for Best Buy. I apologize for your situation, I don't know if they're aware of the bugs with the .com thing or not, but believe me I gripe about it to a manager every chance I get.

If our inventory system is off by even 1 (which most of the time it is), then the .com will say YES it's in the store, whether it physically exists or not. But very rarely will you receive a 2nd confirmation E-mail without someone physically finding the laptop, scanning it, putting your name on it with our giant green label and placing it behind the back counter. That's procedure and your E-mail doesn't get sent unless that takes place. My guess is the laptop actually was there since you received the 2nd E-mail, but someone misplaced it.

I agree, you shouldn't have to call and double-check. But driving 70 miles...it wouldn't be a bad idea. Tom is correct. District managers don't give handouts.

Store managers have 99% of the power to award or keep. Regarding the overpricing. I've been battling this since I started. The website usually shows a cheaper price than the in-store.

However, you usually get that price if you order it for shipping to your home. Add shipping and handling and it is cheaper to go to the store. In the future, call (enter a department number, any number, it's hard for 1 phone rep to get all calls, better to be routed to the right source). Ask if it's there and someone can physically see/touch it.

Pay over phone or just ask for a 24-hour hold and pay in the store.

Use Reward Zone card, earns you points and saves your receipt in our system for returns. Best of luck and sorry about your experience.

Tom's advice of calling customer-dont-care won't get you the CEO or someone of that level. It is just a maze of people who try to annoy you to the point of giving up and going away.

I'm not sure if he is being sincere in his advice or not, but you shouldn't have to call to double check what they are telling you online. Why do we have to do everyone's job for them???

1-888-237-8289, ask for customer care.

Next time just call the store you're going to and pay by cc over the phone. Using the .com really can muddy the process, because of going through the extra steps. :sigh

View more comments (4)
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy Scam

Purchased an open-box flat screen tv for christmas. was told it was complete. Manager wouldn't lift out tv for me to check. Was w/o a stand. Dec 26 at Best Buy (after 35 minutes) said they'd order one and it would come w/i 4 days. Customer service person (all of them) were rude to all customers and called security if you continued to state your case.It is of course backordered AND THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD for the stand. Which was part of the original purchase. Will not ever purchase from them again. Ever, ever, ever.
Everett

Try buying one in a box? Being given the wrong information is unfortunate.

Further questioning would have resolved your issue before it was an issue. (Ask manager: Have you personally seen it?

What happens if it's not, can I return it? If I need something for it, will you guys have it?) Open-box tag should have type on it listing WHY it's open-box.

probably one of the few things i'd buy at best buy.

Return it. :roll