Horrible | Best Buy in Palmerton, Pennsylvania

Horrible - Best Buy
Delivery people damaged our wooden floors. Very apologetic, however after the apologies and saying I needed to get 2 estimates for fixing the problem.... all communication stopped. I sent pictures and estimates and not one person followed up after that. Left 7 messages.... approximately 7 emails and I have not received any responses . After reading Best Buy reviews I read I’m not alone with my frustrations.
Best Buy Installation

BEST BUY has the worst customer service EVER!!!!

We purchased a dishwasher from the Whitehall, PA BEST BUY store, and they scheduled delivery for ten days later. I came home from work early to be there during the 5-9pm window they gave us. The appointment had been confirmed the day before, but no one came that evening to deliver and install our dishwasher, and no one called to tell us they weren't coming. After hours on the phone with the worst wait times (average 40 minutes) and most callous customer service people ever, we got it rescheduled. This time they wanted to come on a Saturday night. Oh well, we need a dishwasher, so we cancelled dinner plans and waited again for a 5-9 pm installation window. Again they confirmed the appointment the day before, and again no one showed up. Now when we call them, they either pretend they can't here us "hello? hello? we must have a bad connection" or they just hang up. Broken promises, impossible communication loop - it's like a bad dream and I can't wake up.
Best Buy Installation
Cons
  • Long wait times on phone
  • Lack of help
  • Fail to keep promises
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Poor Installation Services | Best Buy in Boyertown, Pennsylvania

I purchased an LG Dishwasher from the Pottstown, PA Bestbuy store. The Bestbuy installer broke the door latch, took my old dishwasher away and left me with the Broken LG. Bestbuy did not have another LG Dishwasher in stock, forcing me to purchase a Samsung dishwasher. Bestbuy installed the Samsung incorrectly so that it falls out of the kitchen cabinet. I have spent hours trying to resolve this with Bestbuy, but when they schedule a repair, no one shows up. The local store manager has washed his hands and says it is not his problem. This is terrible customer service.
Tags
  • Poor Installer Bestbuy

Without a stove for 5 days thanks to best buy

Bought a stove on 7/13/13 and had to wait until 7/23 for delivery. The conversion kit and manual was missing upon delivery. The install people said to contact the store for the part. They took our old stove with us believing the problem would be resolved within 24hrs. Needless to say it hasn't been resolved yet on day 3 without a stove. I went to the store yesterday to pick up the missing kit and spoke to the store manager. No help whatsoever! He said he would call installation and " fast track" the date for installation. I call today and find out that never happened. No reschedule date was made. I ask for the district managers info so I can file a complaint. Well apparently this company isn't allowed to give out his info. I have worked retail for 20 years and never heard of such nonsense. I will never buy from Best Buy again! To think that they basically won't take a valid complaint and help resolve quickly. They tell me I have to wait till Friday for the installation that should have been done Monday! I will have gone 5 days without a stove by that time! They shouldn't have taken my old working stove if it was going to take this long.
Tags
  • Stove major appliance

BEST BUY STORE IN PLYMOUTH MEETING, PA

BEWARE: If you purchase a large scree TV at BEST BUY, in the PLYMOUTH MEETING, MULTIPLEX, be ready to WAIT almost four weeks for your installation! YES you a have a four week installation wait. THEY DON'T tell you this until after you pay and ASK! I not only purchased this 55 in TV, but the sound bar and speakers, along with the TV wooden cabinet. The manager I spoke with was also USELESS and spouted the company is very busy at this time. I responded saying that I was Happy to hear you are selling so many TV.... so then why doesn't BEST BUY HIRE MORE INSTALLERS? Best buy seems to be run as a small MOM and POP Store! I will never deal with this store again.

Unbelievably horrific treatment by Best Buy

I have NEVER had such a HORRIFIC experience as I did today at Best Buy. This is a long story but read on and you will be astonished. I am a contractor, and on 06/06/08 I purchased a window unit A/C from the Best Buy in West Windsor, NJ. I installed the unit and it seemed to work fine. Within a day or two my customers left for vacation and upon their return weeks later, discovered that the A/C didn't work. I removed the A/C, took it back to the store on 07/08/08, and they tested it (because I am a liar) and gave me an new identical unit. Again, I installed the A/C and it seemed to work fine. Once again, within a day or two my customers left for another vacation. When they returned, the new unit wasn't working. I brought this second unit back on 08/12/08 and again, they tested it (because I am a chronic liar). The unit performed OK but still showed some signs of quirkiness. The manager offered to "do me a favor" (his words) and allow me to either get another unit (yeah right!) or give me store credit since I was past the 30 day exchange period. The kicker here is that I was told the 30 day exchange period started from the day of the initial purchase!! The other option offered me was to have the unit sent out for service. Great, my poor customers can continue to sleep in the living room because their third floor bedroom is too darn hot! Under normal circumstances I would have had both units returned to the store within days but due to my customers' vacations, it was impossible to do this. After the second unit failed, I had been instructed by my customers to get a new unit elsewhere. I told the manager this so his offer was simply unacceptable. Due to these unusual vacation circumstances, all I wanted was a credit to my MasterCard. I was told by the manager, who could not have been older than 25, that a refund was out of the question. So I asked to please speak to his manager and he said HE was the manager--no way! I then asked to whom else I could speak and he said to call 888-BESTBUY. I asked him to call and he handed me the phone! When I got a busy signal I hung up the phone and continued requesting to either speak to his superior or give me a refund. The manager continued his insistence that this was impossible. Finally he said, "This conversation is over," and began to walk away. We continued to banter a little and then I simply left the store. So I called 888-BESTBUY as instructed, spoke to a CSR who gave me the same scripted lines. I asked to speak to his manager. After too long of a wait, his manager got on the phone, gave me the same run-around, and when I asked to speak to someone higher up, she claimed there wasn't anybody else. I suppose she is the CEO!! I continued to insist that she allow me to speak to someone over her and she HUNG UP ON ME!! I am appalled at the manner in which Best Buy treats its customers. In their employee's own words, Best Buy is doing customers a "favor." Are they favoring us by allowing us the privilege of shopping there? I was under the impression that retail operations exist to serve the customers! Additionally, it's not as if BB is the only electronics store around. I do not think my request for a refund was unreasonable, and I understand the need for a return policy, but is there no room for an exception considering the circumstances? Oh, that's right, to BB I am a liar like many of you who read this might be if you attempt to return a defective item to BB. As I explained to the BB manager, my customers have now spent far more money for my labor than the $270.00 for the A/C! If either unit had performed properly, I would have saved myself three trips to BB, two installations, the numerous trips to the third floor bedroom for installation and removal of the A/C and the incredibly disrespectful treatment by BB employees! As I mentioned earlier, I am a remodeling contractor. My customers are mostly residents of an upper-class town and they spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for appliances when I do kitchen renovations. I am amazed that BB would take the risk of losing so much additional revenue over $270.00. BB certainly will no longer get my recommendation, in fact, I will discourage anyone from patronizing BB. In addition to me, BB has lost another customer in what I think may be the beginnings of a domino effect. Upon recounting my horrid BB experience to my customer, I heard the words, "I'll never shop there again either!" Major BOOOS to BEST BUY!
#411929

I hope you still have access to these posts, because best buy is still up and running with over 1100 stores in the US and Puerto Rico, Canada, Turkey and even China. Best buy doesn't need customers like you.

They would rather lose your business, then constintly take returns because you think you are above policies. If you get so angry over a simple return policy and one kinda annoying experience, I feel like by now, years later, you will refuse to shop anywhere.

1.You must not be a good "contractor" if there were 2 A/C units that went wrong!Sounds like something went wrong with the install

2. Check your receipt for return polices

Plus there is a big board infront of customer service and the front lanes stating the return policy.

3. The manager didn't have to offer you anything...

4. Get over it and start respecting other people

I've got a simple sollution to a portion of the exchange policy. Once the item has been exchanged within the 30 day time frame, start the exchange period over. A new item should still receive the same policy, regardless if it is the replacement or not.

This is not to say that a return is done numerous times. It is, to me, obvious that the person who made the original post had a defective item. This should send a red flag up, thus allowing the customer to be allowed to have the cost of the item transferred over to a different brand. Though, I will say that the manager did attempt to do something like this. Instead of getting your money back, try getting a store credit and buying a better quality item.

I don't work for Best Buy, nor do I shop there that often, but when I do, I get quality items. I also, no matter where I shop, make sure to fully understand the store's return policy just in case. Whether it's on the back of the receipt or on a blinking neon sign, if I don't fully understand it, I ask questions and get answers.

Juliet

Wow! Can't believe the comments.

It WAS bad customer service to walk away or hang up on a customer. When I worked at Dayton's in MPLS we were taught to go above and beyond for the customer whether they were spending 2 dollars or 2,000. You don't think we had our share of "crazies" and thiefs. We still treated everyone as if they were equally important of the president of our company.

If you are so sick of people that you have to give them bad customer service then it is time you found a new line of work. This is why people go back to the mom and pop stores because they know they will get treated better there. I shouldn't have to worry about getting good customer from one day to the next depending on who is working.

Stores like this loose out on a whole generation of older folks to buy trying to pull things over on them and the fast talking and not listening to them. It's really sad.

Actually, I've seen worse customer serivce at Walmart, Lowes, & Kroger. I've never had a problem with Best Buy, ever. I've been shopping there for well over 10 years and I have made a lot of close friends there.

Maybe you should have bought a brand name A/C instead of Best Buys A/C. Just because you go to Kroger to do your grocery shopping doesn't mean you should only get the Kroger brand of food.

In all fareness, they do offer great Gadgets & Gizmos and Geek Squad Black Tie Protection Plans on almost everything you buy. If you're to daft to get it when it's clearly going to help you out in the long run, I don't feel sorry for you.

It's not Best Buys fault that you get *** customer service, they didn't start out that way. Its the customers that act like jerks that ruin everyones good character. And I know you're thinking "well that's still not good customer service". Yeah, but maybe you can do your part and have good customer etiquette, then you will get good customer serivce in return. And not really just speaking to you, I think everyone should be a better person as a customer and as an employee.

I worked a retail job when I was in high school and I saw a lot of ignorant, mean, liers that tried to take advantage of me as well as my store. Of course they're going to think the customer is lying. I don't know any people anymore that don't lie about the smallest things. Its pathetic.

I had people come into my store to trade in video games for cash that CLEARLY were just stolen from another store not even an hour before. People are disgusting.

Oh and James James, I've seen instances where people open shrink-wrapped games and DVD's, swap out the game or DVD, reshrink-wrap it and return it.

Sorry if you're mad that not everyone is on your side, but maybe you could take a step back and see that: you're not the only one with problems, Best Buy isn't the worst place in the world, and life is still going on as it always has. I'm sure you'll get over it.

Just check out the Democrat presidential nominee!!! And this is not a racial comment unlike your implication of my being racist by thinking of you as "white trash." Perhaps what I wrote could be interpreted as "painting with a broad brush," but I was specifically referring to you and your poor use of both English and grammar -- which continues in your current posting -- and the mental midgets with whom I've had contact at Best Buy.

Your customer paranoia is still disturbing. I will agree with you that there are many OBVIOUS cases of people trying to play the system. The facts in this case, however, are entirely different.

The a/c units were both returned in perfect physical condition -- no negligence, no 3-year-olds. The problem with both units was identical. After initially working fine, each subsequent time they were turned on, they would blow cold for a minute and then never blow cold again. Each unit was used less than 24 hours.

These units were installed through a wall, not simply placed in an open window. If they worked properly, why would I take the time to install / uninstall and then trek to BB 3 times?!

I am not blaming BB for the a/c units' failures, as you continue to insist. What I want is for the store to take responsibility for the products it sells. As a contractor, I take full responsibility for both the labor and the products I sell to my customers.

Attempting to argue, "It's no different than a guy trying to say 'hey why don't you do the job and I'll pay you after,'" as an argument against me will not work either because it is exactly how I run my business. I do not require my customers to give me a single penny until they are completely happy with a finished job. I have work scheduled for months in advance and I don't advertise at all; my customers are extremely happy and tell others. I am not a scammer, but I suppose you don't believe me.

Define fair treatment. How about crediting a customer's charge card after the store has failed to provide a satisfactory product two times and then subjects the customer to rude treatment?! Is it fair that after said failure, the store then demands that the dissatisfied customer continue to shop in the store by holding the customer's money hostage?

Yes, I do believe that BB attempts to hide its return policy on the receipt. I have many, many receipts saved and I believe all of them have the return policy printed on the front and not the back side as is the practice of BB. Companies put a great deal of planning into even the smallest details including where to print the return policy on a receipt. This is not an accident. And to try to compare a contract to the back side of a sales receipt is, I think, a little bit of a stretch.

As to when the return policy begins, your "one or two year" argument does not apply here. If one simply compares the dates on the purchase and return receipts, it is glaringly obvious that both a/c units must have been installed and used within a 30 day period of being taken from the store. The plant illustration....? What are you smoking?

Lastly, I think before entering law school, you would be well served to take a memory retention course. Writing, "I'll see you on black friday bud!" reveals short term memory loss. Remember, I am NEVER shopping at Best Buy again! Add to that the numerous friends and family members that I have spoken with who have taken the same vow. Quite a few of them have had similarly horrible service from Best Buy, including my pastor. But I suppose he's lying, too.

From some financial reports I've seen, BB might not make it until Black Friday so you may be unemployed before too long. While I don't wish you any personal / financial harm, I will continue to do my best to discourage anyone from patronizing Best Buy.

There have been alot of hits on this posting so I hope the anti Best Buy message is getting through (and this isn't the only posting of mine!).

I love your presumption of my lack of education, but hey if you "must" know I will actually be attending Law School soon... I must be quite uneducated white trash.

In fact, what I love the most is the "stereotype" of people like you that thinks any Best Buy/Retail employee are uneducated but hey that's another topic.

Anyways regarding the first comment:

" An adverserial attitude toward the consumer can hardly be the best foundation upon which to build a business."

Unfortunately too many customers try to scam businesses. You said you work in construction/remodeling.

It's no different than a guy trying to say "hey why don't you do the job and I'll pay you after."

I've had customers trying to return stuff that is broken because of their negligence. Unfortunately because of the scammers and liers we inspect everyone so if you want to take it "personal" go right ahead. You'd be surprised at the allegations of customers by "it's not working" when their 3 year old CLEARLY stepped on the screen of the device. Again though, it's Best Buy's Fault.

You feel upset because we're checking on your allegation? In fact you should be happy that we do to make sure IN FACT it is defective and potentially harmfull if used

Comment Number 2:

"How about just fair treatment? And if BB was so concerned about its customers knowing the return policy, why do they hide it on the back of the receipt where nobody looks? The backside of the receipt is usually reserved for cheap advertising which is also ignored.Even more ridiculous is BB\'s policy that the return period begins with the initial purchase. So if something is faulty and exchanged on day 30, then the new product fails on day 31, the customer is at the mercy of BB\'s generousity?!"

Define a fair treatment for starters. The manager telling you "hey you can get store credit so go ahead and return it" wasn't good enough? In fact it wasn't because you wanted the money back. Now the funniest thing "don't put the return policy in the back of the receipt because noone looks at it".....so if you sign a contract and don't read the fine print that's also not your fault correct (oh wait sorry I didn't see the "hidden" clause)? In fact, to be honest, they can print the return policy BIG AND BLACK and all of you would still be here arguing that it's not "fair".

At the end, you not looking in the back of the receipt is your fault or my fault?? how is that hiding the return policy? It's even posted PRINTED NICE AND BIG by the cashiers.

Now let's talk on when the return policy should start.... how in the world (unless you're extremely unrealistic) would you know when an item was installed or used?

I've had customers that have bought laptops and have not used them whatsoever in a year or two. Yet, the return policy should start when they open it right? 365 days later..... quite an unrealistic expectation from ANYONE. It's like you buying a plant, the plant dies after a month and you go back and tell them "well, I was gonna use it next year so can I get a new one?"

Comment 3:

"I have never had a problem returning a defective item to any other retailer.Does anyone still need convincing that Best Buy is not the Best place to Buy anything?"

I'll see you on black friday bud!

In conclusion:

In my opinion, what the manager did was the outcome that we "tried" to satisfy your problem. It wasn't enough since you wanted your money back which couldn't be done due to the return policy violation.

Next time, read the return policy because I'm sure any other store would have done the samething.

Been working in retail too long and I do intend to follow commercial Law in school FYI.

GOOD LUCK

The arguments posted by those who apparently work for BB are quite revealing. Demonstrated here for all to see is the level of immaturity possessed by BB\'s employees coupled with an educational deficit.

When these traits are linked with BB\'s indifference toward consumers, it becomes clear why there are countless complaints concerning BB\'s customer service.Another Unrealistic Customer\'s inablility to think rationally is astounding. To compare an a/c return to a DUI stop is nothing short of ***. In addition, if one takes note of the tone of Another Unrealistic Customer, it will become quite clear why BB\'s financial status is trending downward.Unrealistic clearly reveals BB\'s attitude toward its customers by stating, \"...FYI; we DO THINK every customer is lieing to us..\" An adverserial attitude toward the consumer can hardly be the best foundation upon which to build a business.Another comment by Unrealistic also speaks volumes, \"I\'m sick and tired of customers expecting special treatment AFTER knowing the return policy.\" How about just fair treatment? And if BB was so concerned about its customers knowing the return policy, why do they hide it on the back of the receipt where nobody looks?

So if something is faulty and exchanged on day 30, then the new product fails on day 31, the customer is at the mercy of BB\'s generousity?!Also note the attitude of non-accountabillity: \"Perhaps I miss the part in where BEST BUY MAKES these AC\'s.\" According to this logic, a retail store can offer products for sale without assuming any responsibility for the products\' quality or operation -- a trial lawyer\'s dream.I will, however, take Unrealistic\'s advice to shop elsewhere. I have never had a problem returning a defective item to any other retailer.Does anyone still need convincing that Best Buy is not the Best place to Buy anything?

Try to find the comments written by the Best Buy employees.

"... the manager DID do you a favor"

sorry about that

why do you think ou deserve special treatment for this "case"??

I'm sick and tired of customers expecting special treatment AFTER knowing the return policy.

If you're drunk and you get pulled over do you tell the cop "CAN YOU JUST LET ME GO....YOU KNOW BREAK THE RULES ONCE"

The customer DID you a favor. In fact, he's going ABOVE and BEYOND his duties by "offering" you a store credit to buy another one. Perhaps I miss the part in where BEST BUY MAKES these AC's.

In fact, maybe your customer was probably even more *** by saying "don't buy it at best buy."

That's more unrealistic and *** that you expecting an actual refund.

The treatment by the employees which YOU call rude is because we're sick and tired of people EXPECTING special treatment like they're god.

NEXT TIME SAVE US ALL THE HEADACHE and go buy an AC somewhere else where they're going to give you the EXACT treatment because of your lack of "Down-to-earth" syndrome.

If both AC's went do you really think it's the AC's???

I'd probably say maybe as a "contractor" why don't you offer a surge protector?? TWO ac's failing is a LITTLE rare; and FYI; we DO THINK every customer is lieing to us therefore we test EVERY PRODUCT for defects because a lot of people are scammers and that's NOT the way to do business.

Next time here's an idea:

Buy the PSP or at least tell your customer "Hey if you want to, you can get the PSP for 3 or 5 years for about 40 bucks more and if anything goes wrong we'll take care of it..... service it or replaced it"

that's the way to do your business.

Unfortunately, noone can make you happy, he offered an exchange and you said no. what you wanted can no longer be granted but yes it's still best buys fault.

GOOD LUCK

Best Buy has the worst employees. I had a similar run around when trying to return an unopened (still in plastic rap) dvd...

I even had the receipt.

But, no, their 25 year old manager said I stole and copied it... and he must be the BB god because there was no one else to talk to.

Never buy anything from Best Buy!!

View more comments (11)