Worst customer service ever!!!! | Best Buy in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania

2.0
I ordered a $20Steam gift card on 12/15/15 with 2 day expedited shipping. No notifications or anything warning me that it might be lost in transit but I keep track especially for Christmas presents. Christmas came and went and I never received the card so after several emails and phone calls (even the robot customer service agent seemed to have an attitude-lol) I asked for a refund but was informed I would have to wait for the investigation? Over a $20 gift card...can't they track those to see if they are used and again, seriously, a $20 is really worth an investigation? The customer service is horrible. I promise not to purchase from Best Buy again and I will be spreading the message.
Best Buy Gift Card
Cons
  • Customer service or refund policy
Reason of review
Poor customer service, problem with delivery and waiting on a refund
Full refund

Machine didnt process as i was putting the cards into it and lost $133.00 | Coinstar in New Castle, Pennsylvania

i swiped 5 $50.00 best buy gift cars at giant eagle located at old butler rd newcastle pa 16101 store number 6386. well at the end when it was time to deposit the gift cards i might of put them in to fast but it only registered me for one card after taking five cards and i called my REF #1060144 i was only given $33.00 not the $165.00 as it said please get this right because it is wrong my name also is tyler shaffer and you do have my phone number under my REF please get back to me
Best Buy Gift Card
Cons
  • Losing money to this machine
  • Feeling ripped off
  • Losing money
Problems with payment
Loss
Full refund

Refrigerator purchased | Best Buy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

2.7
So I went before July and purchased a fridge in cash. I was told there was free delivery so I chose to take the delivery. My delivery date was for July 2nd. The truck came and the fridge was all dented up so I never had them even take it off the truck. They said they were sorry. Someone called me to talk about the fridge and offered me a gift card if I was willing to live with the dents and I told them absolutely not. I want a brand new, scratch and dent free fridge like I purchased. I then said okay can I please set up a new delivery. They said that they can't set up a new delivery until the fridge is back in the warehouse?? So that being said the next day no one called me like they said, Saturday came and it was July 4th so of course they were closed and Sunday they were closed. So on Monday I had to call them. They told me oh my delivery date was set up for the 25th of July. Might I add I never even talked to anybody and they picked a date that was 3 weeks from the day they originally were to deliver. I told them I was absolutely not waiting that long. Today is the 17th and this is the day my fridge once again was to come. (Might I add they are to call the day before and give you a two hour window. They did not. I called them at 9:30 last night and had to ask them when they were coming. ) SO today they called me at 9:03AM and told me my fridge wasn't on the truck because they "didn't have one at the warehouse." Now this was the 2nd time work was missed to be able to receive my fridge. My new date is for Monday. Im really not looking forward to see what happens next. On top of all of this.... This is 3 days of work that will be missed due to them. I am suppose to receive a $75 dollar gift card in the mail but since all the work missed it doesn't even make me happy. Talking to customer service they say im sorry to hear that blah blah blah. This has turned into the most expensive fridge I have purchased and I still don't even have it. I will never use best buy again for not only the horrible customer service but the lack of communicating to the paying customers.

Sounds like typical Best Buy business to me.

Best Buy Gift Card
Cons
  • Horrible customer service
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy - Gift Card Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My wife & I purchased a 40 inch Samsung TV from Best Buy in Whitehall, PA. When we got it home & mounted it on the wall we found that the smart features of the TV did not work. Sadly this is the only reason we bought the TV seeing as we weren't hooking it up to cable or satellite. I contacted Best Buys Customer Service Team & spoke with Jennifer. She promised me that Best Buy would exchange the TV & give me a free upgrade seeing as this model didn't work & as compensation for my troubles. She told me that I would have to call back the next day & speak with the store manager so this could be done. I called back the next day & the manager refused to honor the deal that was made. I then called the corporate office & spoke with the Customer Service Team who refused to do anything to fix the problem. They then put me though to Executive Customer Service who promised to send me a $75 gift card (which they never did ). Then I called Executive Customer Service again & spoke with Andrew Chase who also promised that Best Buy would be willing to exchange my TV with a free upgrade if the representative Jennifer promised that. He promised to listen to the taped conversation & get back to me in 24 hours. He never called back as promised. Over a week later he called back & told me he wasn't honoring the deal he made with me. I had the named of the man who is in charge of the customer service team so I called the corporate office & asked for him. The operator told she was transferring me to his office. This lying *** didn't do what she promised & instead put me back to Executive Customer Service Department. I am now stuck with a broken TV. This company doesn't care at all about it's customers & they are consistant liars. They refuse to put you through to the people you ask for in the corporate office. In my eyes it's because the big wigs only care about counting the money from the customers & not about you if you have a problem. This company has forever lost my business & I hope you will join in BOYCOTT of BEST BUY. Please don't be *** like I was & put your trust in a company that just doesn't care about you. If this company wants to contact me in regard to this matter they are more than welcome to but i want no one from Executive Customer Service Department to contact me seeing as they are liars.

Contact the manufacturer of the TV and work something out with them and then never go to bb again!!

@4x5n

We did contact Samsung & they promised a call back in 48 hours in regard to the matter but they never called back. I then contacted them back & they wanted to send a tech to my house to try & fix it.

I told them I didn't want to be stuck with a defective TV that has issues from the start. I asked them to exchange it with a free upgrade but they refused that offer.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for a response. Next time go elsewhere like all former customers do.

@No Best Buy

Sadly all the electronic stores must have the mentality. 2 years ago we bought a 60 inch LG TV & Blu Ray Player that when we plugged it in it caught the wires on fire & smoke started pouring out of the Blu Ray Player, our Directv DVR & the back of the TV.

I contacted hhGregg & they refused to do anything about it since it was less than a month old & any thing less than a month old is supposed to be taken care of by the manufacture. LG refused to do anything cause they are just plain *** So in

both Best Buys & hhGreggs cases BUYER BEWARE!

View more comments (3)
Damaged or defective

Best Buy: Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced

I tried to used a Best Buy gift card. The amount of the products I wanted amounted to bit over the value of the card, so following the prompts on the web site, I allowed Best Buy to charge the tiny overage balance to my credit card. I received a confirmation e-mail saying the entire amount of my purchase had been charged to my credit card. I called customer service, and after 45 minutes of listening to insipid Christmas music, was informed that there was "nothing they could do." I asked for a supervisor. No satisfaction. I asked for his supervisor. He claimed that he could do nothing, despite the fact that it was their fault, and and when he asked if I had any questions, I asked for his name and his supervisor. He refused to tell me his name or the name of his supervisor. I pointed out that unauthorized charges to a credit card are illegal, and that gift cards are pointless if you can't use them. So sorry, that's too bad. I hung up, and called corporate headquarters. They sent me back to the place I began--unbelievable run-around. I was treated abusively, and I will never, ever, do business with Best Buy again. DO NOT buy Best Buy gift cards, do not trust this company, and NEVER EVER do business with them. There is a corporate culture of lying and deception that is nothing short of disgusting, and they deserve to to be treated by potential customers with same disdain they reserve for customers.

horrible company... i placed an order for store pickup and got an email that said it was ready for pickup.

when i got to the store they said it wasn't available. Of course my card had been charged. they said they would ship one to me when it becomes available but wouldn't waive the $3.99 shipping charge.

I canceled. Waiting for refund.

Instead of spending all day on the phone, why didn't you just cancel the transaction?

You could have just cancelled your order immediately. Then re-purchased correctly. You did something wrong during checkout.

View more comments (2)