Best Buy did not keep promises and lied to me mutiple times.

I ordered (Order number BBY01-443441001190) a ITUNES gift card(Digital Delivery) and pre order MLB 12 The Show for Playstation 3 on 2-15-12 around 830am from Best Buy online. It stated on the website that I would receive an email in 15 minutes for the itunes gift card instructions and verification code. I sent it to my girlfriends email address with no success 8 hours later. At 3pm EST I contacted Best Buy customer service. Well after being transferred 4 or 5 times I finally talked to Bonnie in the gift card dept. and she stated that my girlfriends email address is not valid (which I don't understand due to me being able to send her emails with no problem). I then asked it to be modified to my email address and she was able to do that. She then stated I will receive a email within 30 minutes with everything I needed. 30 minutes went and passed and still no email. I then contacted Best Buy back and spoke to John. John stated that the information Bonnie gave me was incorrect and that it takes 24 hours to receive such email. He then opened Case number 965-86-6001 for the issue and he stated that due to my troubles he would issue a 15 dollar credit on the Itunes purchase. He then PROMISED me that the email will be there within 24 hours. Well the next day no email after the 24 hour period. I then called three times and attempted to speak to someone in customer service. I received a prerecorded message that stated they were having large call volume and to try my call later and then the phone disconnected. I finally got through on the third time and spoke to Lorneeshia (Not sure on the spelling of that name) and she stated that she was unsure why I did not receive the email yet. I explained to her that I was upset and not too happy with service provided. I then requested to speak to her supervisor. She placed me in contact with customer service supervisor Shelley. She apologized for all the problems I was having and then PROMISED me that I would receive a email within 30 minutes with everything I needed. She also stated that I will receive a 20 dollar gift card in the mail. Well again 30 minutes came and went with still no email. I then attempted to contact customer service again and it took me 3 times again to reach someone. I spoke to a customer service agent and asked for a Shelley who is a customer service supervisor within the company. I talked to multiple people several times and they all stated they knew no one by that name. Therefore I believe I was given a false name by this said supervisor because the customer service person I was speaking with stated that the last person to post a update to my order was by the name of Pamela and not Shelley. I then asked to speak to the customer service supervisor at that time. I then spoke with Anqelique who stated that she was sorry for my problems. I then explained to her that a apology will not do due to the hassle I have went through. I then requested to cancel the order which Angelique stated "No I can't do that." I then told her that I will no longer do business with Best Buy and will go to Hhgregg for all my future electronic needs. I will never step foot inside of a Best Buy store or go on their website ever again. I then waited 20 minutes and I called back and attempted to cancel my order again. That is when I spoke to some rude customer service rep who wouldn't even state his name assist me. He stated that the whole order was cancelled so I thought everything was ok. Well when I received the cancellation email from Best Buy they stated that they just cancelled MLB 12 The Show Video Game and not the Itunes gift card. I then attempted to call the customer service dept several times with no success on getting this resolved. I am tired of being lied to by Best Buy. I will be sure to tell as many people as I can about this experience. Best Buy ruined my Valentines day experience and I will NEVER do business with them again.

Gift Card Department? I have never heard of any store including Best Buy having a gift card dept.

Also, I'm with the person who said video game and iTunes gift card? Maybe you should have not been so lazy and went into the store to purchase. Don't worry.

Losing your petty business isn't even a drop in the bucket. Thanks for doing my business a favor.

jeremy03ff

FYI they were valid email addresses

So a video game and a super low budget itunes card were your "valentines day experience" and not having them immediately ruined it for you? Why wouldn't you just order them beforehand if it was do precious???? Id10t.

It's not their fault you gave them bad email addresses.

View more comments (2)